2004 Elections

Fringan

2004 Elections

I'm just checking the forums before I have to go in a couple of minutes. Thought you guys (especially unintentional) would be interested in this document. It's a very fresh survey done in USA and 10 European countries about this and that. Very interesting imho!

Survey in PDF format

have a nice weekend everyone!

CaryP

2004 Elections

Thanks Frings,

The report you linked would only download the first 3 pages of the 34 page report. Not sure why, but the third page had the key elements of the survey. Yeah, the US is just as popular as before the war alright, NOT! The blind who can not see.

Cary

Unintentional

2004 Elections

I said US popularity has gone down, but not alienatingly so. Most countries, like I said, other than Fr. And Germany have a higher than 50% popularity of USA. That is what the report showed.

Going back to WMDs for a second. Isn't that even just a moot point? I don't think anyone here would change their opinion of the war in Iraq even if there were tons of WMDs immediately found after invading. Am I right?

As far as the report goes, you need to get to page 5. Page 4 has
EUROPEAN FEELINGS TOWARD U.S. HAVE
NOT GROWN COLDER.
Most Europeans hold moderately favorable feelings
towards the United States.
As a whole, Europeans gave
the United States a thermometer reading of 55 on a
scale of 1?100. This represents no change over last year,
signifying that Europeans have not developed less favorable
feelings towards the United States over the past
year, although neither have their feelings grown warmer.

Heggy, you are probly one of the coolest people on this web site, but you have to realize that anyone can cut up anyones statement to make them sound like they are saying anything. If in that video he distinctly said Iraq had WMDs that many times, then why just cut it down to "he's got 'em" in stead of showing the whole thing? When someone first pointed out to me, "Bush never said he had WMDs", I didn't believe it either. I tried to find a direct quote from Bush saying that, and there are none. He has said, Sadam used to have them, Sadam has used them, Sadam wants them, we should stop Sadam before he gets them.

Unintentional

2004 Elections

Picking on Kerry is like beating a dead horse, but here goes:

Mr John (F stands for Frudulent documents) Kerry is going around scaring minorities that republicans are dead set on disenfranchising millions of minority voters. His party, the DNC, is sueing almost every state Nader is trying to get on the ballot in. So for the millions of voters who wanted to vote for Nader, you are now disenfranchised.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor..._on_el_pr/nader
The state Democratic Party is suing to keep Nader off the ballot because, it argues, the Reform Party is no longer a legitimate national party and that Florida election laws requiring minor candidates to qualify by petition or through a nominating convention weren't followed.

CaryP

2004 Elections

Originally posted by Unintentional@Sep 15 2004, 05:54 PM

Mr John (F stands for Frudulent documents) Kerry is going around scaring minorities that republicans are dead set on disenfranchising millions of minority voters. His party, the DNC, is sueing almost every state Nader is trying to get on the ballot in. So for the millions of voters who wanted to vote for Nader, you are now disenfranchised.
The state Democratic Party is suing to keep Nader off the ballot because, it argues, the Reform Party is no longer a legitimate national party and that Florida election laws requiring minor candidates to qualify by petition or through a nominating convention weren't followed.

More shananigans from the whore fest we call national politics. How revolting. I'd say picking on either Bush or Kerry is like shooting fish in a barrel. They're both pretty easy targets. The amazing thing is most Americans don't give a rat's ass that our choice in less than 60 days is primarily between "whore and liar" #1, or "whore and liar" #2.

Thanks for the article Uni. Glad to see that Kerry isn't disappointing in the "politics as usual" department.

Cary

sosuemetoo

2004 Elections

Originally posted by Unintentional@Sep 15 2004, 05:54 PM
Mr John (F stands for Frudulent documents) Kerry is going around scaring minorities that republicans are dead set on disenfranchising millions of minority voters. His party, the DNC, is sueing almost every state Nader is trying to get on the ballot in. So for the millions of voters who wanted to vote for Nader, you are now disenfranchised

I thought F meant Flip-Flop. Ahh but what is a republican ditto-head like me know? ;)

I should just research this instead of asking, but I'm sure someone out there knows the answer to this. If Nader is not allowed on the election ballot, can't the Nader supporters simply write in his name? Are the laws in each state different?

We had a guy run for mayor two weeks before the election in our small town. He just put it in the local newspaper "vote for me, write me in." He lost by only 10 votes. Now THAT is democracy! :D BTW, no one screamed and asked for a re-count. ;)

Judge Bean

2004 Elections

Originally posted by CaryP+Sep 16 2004, 08:55 AM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Unintentional@Sep 15 2004, 05:54 PM

Mr John (F stands for Frudulent documents) Kerry is going around scaring minorities that republicans are dead set on disenfranchising millions of minority voters.? His party, the DNC, is sueing almost every state Nader is trying to get on the ballot in.? So for the millions of voters who wanted to vote for Nader, you are now disenfranchised.

More shananigans from the whore fest we call national politics. How revolting. I'd say picking on either Bush or Kerry is like shooting fish in a barrel. They're both pretty easy targets. The amazing thing is most Americans don't give a rat's ass that our choice in less than 60 days is primarily between "whore and liar" #1, or "whore and liar" #2.

Thanks for the article Uni. Glad to see that Kerry isn't disappointing in the "politics as usual" department.

Cary
[snapback]9449[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

I think we ought to run Dan Rather, or write him in. He does pretty good for himself when he's under the gun and caught in an embarrassing scandal; didn't even break a sweat, managed to foist blame off in the other direction. He's not one of the old reliable ones, like Walter Cronkite or Captain Kangaroo (who I think was the same guy-- they were never seen together), but he could face down a Evil Axis Empire tinpot dictator, and is comfortable around TV cameras.

CaryP

2004 Elections

I think we ought to run Dan Rather, or write him in. He does pretty good for himself when he's under the gun and caught in an embarrassing scandal; didn't even break a sweat, managed to foist blame off in the other direction. He's not one of the old reliable ones, like Walter Cronkite or Captain Kangaroo (who I think was the same guy-- they were never seen together), but he could face down a Evil Axis Empire tinpot dictator, and is comfortable around TV cameras.

Well you forgot that he isn't a career politician either. Goes a long way in my book. But the political establishment would tear him to shreds.

Cary

Judge Bean

2004 Elections

I was trying to be funny, but it just goes to show you that the whole thing is very, very grim and sad, and beyond humor.

CaryP

2004 Elections

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Sep 27 2004, 01:56 PM
I was trying to be funny, but it just goes to show you that the whole thing is very, very grim and sad, and beyond humor.

I was trying be funny in response. Guess I failed. But you're right on spot with the grim and sad part.

Cary