3 weeks to go and....

Timescholar

3 weeks to go and....

http://www.timetravelportal.com/ttlogs/Tit...%20BY%20ALL.htm

Real disruptions in world events begin with the destabilization of the West as a result of degrading US foreign policy and consistency. This becomes apparent around 2004 as civil unrest develops near the next presidential election.

I haven't seen anything "major" in the news, and it's only 3 1/2 weeks left until the election. Anyone wanna bet nothing's gonna happen?

Snow

3 weeks to go and....

Originally posted by Timescholar@Oct 9 2004, 08:00 PM

Real disruptions in world events begin with the destabilization of the West as a result of degrading US foreign policy and consistency. This becomes apparent around 2004 as civil unrest develops near the next presidential election.

I haven't seen anything "major" in the news, and it's only 3 1/2 weeks left until the election. Anyone wanna bet nothing's gonna happen?
No - lol - I don't. It depends on where you are looking if nothing is happening or not.

Try this link from Scifi:

http://www.badnarik.org/newsfromthetrail.php?p=1346

or this one at Rumor Mill News:

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum....cgi?read=57005

From the edge or maybe a little beyond . . .

Snow Fire Watches

hueyp

3 weeks to go and....

i doubt anything would happen before the elections. you know they just want us all shaking in our boots. id think the crap wouldnt hit the fan until after kerry gets in.

i think about it everyday. its gonna be really wierd. people are gonna be 100 times as stupid as they were after 911. draft? sure! gov work camps? fine by me!

Timescholar

3 weeks to go and....

Originally posted by Snow Fire Watches@Oct 9 2004, 08:31 PM
Try this link from Scifi:

http://www.badnarik.org/newsfromthetrail.php?p=1346

or this one at Rumor Mill News:

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum....cgi?read=57005

From the edge or maybe a little beyond . . .

Snow Fire Watches

I saw the first link. Simple case of civil disobedience I think. Probably because the canidate wanted to make himself a little more known (to draw attention to him because they weren't in the debates).

Rumor Mill... Some wild stuff there.

DRIVER LICENSES WILL TRACK DRIVERS! - As they should. It's a form of identification that the police can use to perform a background check to see if it's a suspect they're looking for.

THIS IS SERIOUS AND SOME BACKGROUND ON TRACKING

People *SHOULD* be ticketed for speeding. ;)

IS THERE A LOT OF ROAD WORK BEING DONE IN YOUR AREA?

There've been a lot of storms in the North East and Ohio Valley region last month. Road Maintenance.

RED ALERT MEANS YOU WILL BE A PRISONER & CAN'T GET KIDS

Fine by me. Why go running around outside when someone with a weapon could be running around? Public Safety.

1) Draft all citizens into work forces under government supervision;
2) Empower the postmaster to register all men, women and children;
3) Seize all airports and aircraft;
4) Seize all housing and establish forced relocation of citizens.

I've seen this one since the mid-90s...

If you *REALLY* want to sit in your home while a tornado comes bearing down on you, or a plane's gonna crash into your house, then you must be either really brave, or really stupid.

As for tightening the US/Canadian border? It's a huge border. They don't want the bad guys coming in. Not to mention it's so close to the election.

Just my 2 cents...

PyRo99

3 weeks to go and....

Whether or not they attack, is besides the point. If our government decides, that Bush is in danger of losing the election, release the terrorist attack.

I know I'll be in school if a terrorist attack happens. If we go to Red while im in school, and if i find out before my school does, you can bet your bottom's whistle, i'll be sneaking out.

Driver's Liscense's tracking drivers? Come on, you know they are not using it for this purpose, they're just BS'n, another way too get a law passed legitimately, so that the ALCU won't do anything.

Plus, running with a gun? Come on, you know that most of us don't live in a well populated city, that doesn't mean a load of dilly daddle to me. No terrorist is going to run around here with a gun, and I'll give three reasons:

1) It's not a muslim.

2) They want it to be bigger and badder than 9/11.

3) The bigger the more damage done.

If a plane was coming directly into my house, so be it. I'm not going to run away, it's destiny, fate. If I have to die, to wake some people up, then by god, i would die.

In the words of our almighty Dick Cheney "If Kerry is elected, then there will be a terrorist attack". I wonder in gods name how he knows that...

Snow

3 weeks to go and....

Originally posted by PyRo99@Oct 9 2004, 10:10 PM

In the words of our almighty Dick Cheney \"If Kerry is elected, then there will be a terrorist attack\". I wonder in gods name how he knows that...

Now THAT is a really Good Question!

SFW

Judge Bean

3 weeks to go and....

Originally posted by Timescholar@Oct 10 2004, 02:00 AM

It is difficult to perceive through the news filters, but in fact the West is destabilizing in protracted recoil from the 911 attack. We have allowed it to corrupt our Constitutional values under the noise of upbeat patriotism and war cant, and our foreign policy is in a shambles. We are way past simply having degraded or where we could have worried only about consistency. The bad state of things is coming into relief with the election, just due to the fact that it is more difficult to spin the issues away from attention when you are struggling to be reelected.

Civil unrest, to "develop," is an odd idea. The civil unrest of the 60s that broke out in Watts and led to riots in Newark and in every American metropolitan area came suddenly and unexpectedly. I wouldn't have bet that anything resembling the Watts riots was going to happen just before it happened.

As we have carefully laid out in this forum, sometimes without much agreement, we are in fact in quite a bad spot in history, without being fully aware; and the government is well prepared for martial law, the imposition of a police state, and the quick eradication of civil liberties.

If you are waiting for a quick and easy way to meet your fate, what have you been doing up to now to deserve our attention? Will you run in the room here squealing about the sky falling? Please take a seat and speak calmly; there are women and children present.

StarLord

3 weeks to go and....

Who knows, perhaps all those trains and waiting facilities are merely for all those not so willing, for the up coming Draft that may or may not occur. Canada could have a upsurge in population I imagine. A Draft would indicate that folly was soon to be afoot.

CaryP

3 weeks to go and....

Canada has already signed an agreement with the U.S. that it will turn over draft dodgers. No place to run when the draft gets passed after the elections. Canada, Mexico and several Caribbean states have already signed off on giving the U.S. full access in the WOT if we go to "code red" Most of the northern hemisphere will be accessible by the U.S. govt./FEMA once "code red" is declared.

Cary

Snow

3 weeks to go and....

Anyone wanting to avoid the draft better get busy NOW:

Here is one way one town is going about it:

http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2004/10...ies/08local.htm

Families plan to skip military draft
By JOHN DARLING
for the Mail Tribune
ASHLAND ? Opposed to the Iraq war, some Ashland and Talent teens and their parents are getting their ducks in a row, fearing a revival of the military draft.

They are creating conscientious objector files and searching out safe-haven countries, all in case what they consider likely or even inevitable comes to pass, regardless of who is elected president.

Nationwide rumors of a renewed draft, dormant since the end of the Vietnam War, have reached fever pitch with a hotly contested presidential election and the Selective Service System?s stepped-up efforts to recruit volunteers for the 1,980 draft boards around the country. That attempt at readiness appeared to propel speculation that was already traveling fast.

The U.S. House moved quickly Tuesday to quell draft fears by killing a long-dormant Democrat-sponsored bill that would have required two years of mandatory military service. The House vote was 402-2, with only two Democrats voting for the measure.

Republicans charged that Democrats created the bill to stir up fear and distrust of the Bush administration, while Democrats countered that Tuesday?s quick vote avoids a substantive discussion of how the military will accomplish its goals in Iraq and elsewhere with a volunteer force that is stretched too thin.

Advertisement

Although she expressed her opinion for this article before Tuesday?s House vote, Beckie Elgin, mother of three teens, was clearly worried about the possibility.

\"I?m very concerned and scared about it and so are my kids,\" said Elgin. \"The lives of our children are more valuable than any reasons we?re at war.

\"... I?ll do whatever I have to do to not to let this happen. If it takes hiding them, I will.\"

For the last five months, Ashland-based Peace House, the Quaker church and a committee of \"worried, anxious parents\" have set up a draft counseling network, said Ashland activist Wendy Harris, mother of four boys ages 13 to 21.

\"About 20 people came to the first meeting where we all shared our fears about the draft coming back,\" she said. \"The issue is resonating in the community.\"

Many peace activists, conscientious objectors and military veterans from the Vietnam War era have joined the effort, creating a volunteer staff that will conduct training on draft resistance, Harris added.

One veteran of the 1970s draft-resistance movement, Dr. Robin Rose of Ashland, said she?s advising teen patients who have a \"particular appreciation for world peace\" on the need to establish their status as conscientious objectors early on, because \"you just can?t show up and say you?re a CO like in the old days.\"

Rose said she sees this as part of her \"holistic health perspective to help patients not participate in military action, because it?s bad for their health.\"

Rose said a well-documented file for conscientious objectors could include letters from ministers, doctors and others attesting that the draft-age person has a long, deeply held belief in peace that precludes participating in military conflict and committing violence against other humans.

Ashland High School nurse Susan Bizeau, mother of an 18-year-old boy, said they found guidance on the Web ? even from the Selective Service?s own Web site ? on how to apply for conscientious objector status to avoid the draft.

Bizeau?s son has joined the Fellowship of Reconciliation, a longtime interfaith peace group. She also said her son practices Tibetan Buddhism, whose followers vow not to kill.

While Bizeau?s son didn?t want to register with Selective Service as required by law when he turned 18, he did to get access to college financial aid, she said.

Many parents have filed forms with Ashland High School requesting their child?s name not be reported to the Selective Service during their junior year as required by President Bush?s No Child Left Behind Act, said Principal Jeff Schlecht, who mails the \"opt-out forms\" quarterly with the school?s newsletter to parents.

Schlecht also enforces a policy barring military recruiters on campus except in counseling offices and only if a student requests an appointment.

Army recruiter Sgt. 1st Class James Kaetzel of Medford said schools provide a list of all students and that becomes the database for volunteer recruiting.

Krista Johnson, mother of two teen boys, said she?s \"alert, but not joining in the hysteria\" because stories on National Public Radio have reported Congress will not revive the draft. She has not started conscientious objector files for her sons.

But others see what they think is a clear slide toward mandatory military service.

\"Anytime you?re attacked on your own soil, it?s a different ball game,\" Bizeau said. \"If there aren?t enough soldiers to fight and if the National Guard isn?t allowed to come home after one and two tours, it?s only logical the draft will be used.\"

Harris agreed: \"Both Bush and Kerry say ?no draft,? but they?re also not elected yet. If there?s another terror attack or if we go to war in Iran or North Korea, there won?t be enough troops.\"

Harris said she is researching countries that wouldn?t extradite draft evaders and so far has come up with Nigeria, New Guinea and the Seychelles Islands.

\"My sons are very dedicated to peace,\" said Harris. \"Most kids can?t grasp what?s happening, but we should all have a plan. I?m in wait-and-see mode now, but I wouldn?t rule out leaving the country. It?s just not my first choice to live on a Third World island for the duration.\"

John Darling is a free-lance writer living in Ashland. E-mail him at [email protected]

The Los Angeles Times contributed to this report.

There is also another thought I have - in Alexander's scenario 40% of the Military sides with the Constitutionalists. Maybe that number could be increased?

From the edge or a little beyond . . .

Snow Fire Watches