A device which can receive radio signals from future ?

Harte

You are of course 100% correct Hartey….Our member is suggesting that an EM wave might be made to "drag" a Scalar Wave along with it...Its not out the realms of possibility..
EM waves do not time travel. That is, they don't into the past.
And how would an EM wave "drag" a scalar wave? Scalar waves are longitudinal waves with no vector component. They therefore require a physical medium. EM waves have only vector components and only influence physical objects when they actually reach them, they don't drag them into the past.

The entire idea is ludicrous from the outset.

Harte

Harte

Well with scalar waves it could be possible. I as long as I can generate these scalar waves there's no reason why I cannot receive future or past radio waves seems scalar waves can have information sent over them and these waves generally exist around is already its just they are weak here and need to amplify them
Please define what you (personally) mean by the term "scalar wave."

I think that phrase does not mean what you think it means.

When you say "scalar waves," you use the term as a hand wave to avoid having to explain yourself.

Might as well say "magic wand."

Harte

Harte

Well with scalar waves it could be possible. I as long as I can generate these scalar waves there's no reason why I cannot receive future or past radio waves seems scalar waves can have information sent over them and these waves generally exist around is already its just they are weak here and need to amplify them
Duh.
Sound waves are scalar. People talk, and information is sent on a sonic scalar wave and reaches your ear.

It's up to you to let it into your brain, though.

Harte

Harte

It just understanding scalar waves and that it doesn't matter what time zone your in or even year as long as your device is on the same scalar frequency it will receive it no matter what the distance
Nevermind. Your "understanding" is the opposite of what understanding actually means.

Harte

TimeFlipper

thankyou uncle time flipper he uses litz wire and its selling on e bay but cant remember from where if its from americas the postage is astronomical and if its from china they keep editing my delivery address so our posties dont recognize it and send it back unlless i redirect it so they cant stick by the rules i think e bay has fixed it by new rules now. have you read those stories online about radio waves received from ships in distress many decades after they was transmitted so it may be the case that some radio waves sent out in the past dident fade away after all and may of went through some time loop and got sent back to earth decades latter is my guess

Regarding the ships in distress, many decades after they were transmitted....My point is they would have been using "Morse Code" transmissions with the old Marconi spark gap transmitters, that produced very wide band electrical interference and not a Hertzian radio wave we use today, operating in the old medium wave band frequencies...Even during and after World War 2, radio operators (now using proper Hertzian radio waves, and not the old spark gap transmitters) would still have been using Morse code transmissions, because Morse code is still more effective at long range with bad weather conditions, than radio telephony was...The ships Morse code operators would be using very fast transmissions, keying at about 30 to 40 words per minute, or even faster....Therefore I would be highly suspicious of ANY old ships radio distress messages that was sent by voice communication..

If its of any help to you Steve, I will purchase some of that Litz Wire from UK Ebay and cut off the amount you would need to wind around the crystals, and send it to you, free of charge...Over the years I have known you, you have been very very good to some of our members who never even thanked you for what you did for them...You know what iam talking about....So ive decided its now YOUR turn to have something sent to you, totally free of any charge, but sadly I cannot send you with it, a personally signed photograph of the inimitable TimeFlipper, working frantically on his indoor Delta T Antenna, for obvious reasons Cobber Steve ;) :D

mullac998

Please define what you (personally) mean by the term "scalar wave."

I think that phrase does not mean what you think it means.

When you say "scalar waves," you use the term as a hand wave to avoid having to explain yourself.

Might as well say "magic wand."

Harte
pure zero point energy. They also have the potential to be used as a power source. So Scalar Waves can be used for communication, energy, and other applications.

TimeFlipper

EM waves do not time travel. That is, they don't into the past.
And how would an EM wave "drag" a scalar wave? Scalar waves are longitudinal waves with no vector component. They therefore require a physical medium. EM waves have only vector components and only influence physical objects when they actually reach them, they don't drag them into the past.

The entire idea is ludicrous from the outset.

Harte

Nah Hartey, Physics has always been at odds with itself, just like Science is, you are stuck in a physics rut...Science cant even agree with the best way to sort out the Covid-19 problem, physics has avoided that area mostly, but i feel certain that they too have differences of opinion...A classic satirical example occurs in that great TV series, The Big Bang Theory, where two "physicists" disagree over differing opinions on physics, shown below on a video :LOL:..

You obviously know how a modulated radio wave works...An Audio section (Sound, longitudinal, not transverse wave), is "impressed" onto the EM Radio Frequency carrier wave...Of course there is electronic jiggery pokery at work, in the transmitter, and the demodulator section of a receiver that receives the radio transmission ,which leads to "hearing" that sound (longitudinal) wave...The physical medium you mentioned deals with how the energy of transverse and longitudinal waves are propagated...Cancel out the magnetic area of an EM wave, and replace it with a true sound frequency..

The same applies to 2 magnets facing the same polarity that cancel out each others magnetic field, leading to an area where no magnetism exists, fill that gap with a sound source, and hey presto we have an electroacoustic wave...I reckon scientists have already developed such scalar waves, that are already operating over long distances right now..

No doubt other scientists and physicists would have said it would be impossible to create such a scalar wave...Just over 125 years ago, scientists and physicists laughed at people such as Tesla and others, for saying pictures of human beings would be shown in peoples homes on a small screen, that was happening miles away at the same time as watching them on the small screen...How we have moved along Hartey ;)

Last edited:

mullac998

Nah Hartey, Physics has always been at odds with itself, just like Science is, you are stuck in a physics rut...Science cant even agree with the best way to sort out the Covid-19 problem, physics has avoided that area mostly, but i feel certain that they too have differences of opinion...A classic satirical example occurs in that great TV series, The Big Bang Theory, where two "physicists" disagree over differing opinions on physics :LOL:..

You obviously know how a modulated radio wave works...An Audio section (Sound, longitudinal, not transverse wave), is "impressed" onto the EM Radio Frequency carrier wave...Of course there is electronic jiggery pokery at work, in the transmitter, and the demodulator section of a receiver that receives the radio transmission ,which leads to "hearing" that sound (longitudinal) wave...The physical medium you mentioned deals with how the energy of transverse and longitudinal waves are propagated...Cancel out the magnetic area of an EM wave, and replace it with a true sound frequency..

The same applies to 2 magnets facing the same polarity that cancel out each others magnetic field, leading to an area where no magnetism exists, fill that gap with a sound source, and hey presto we have an electroacoustic wave...I reckon scientists have already developed such scalar waves, that are already operating over long distances right now..

No doubt other scientists and physicists would have said it would be impossible to create such a scalar wave...Just over 125 years ago, scientists and physicist laughed at people such as Tesla and others, for saying pictures of human beings would be shown in peoples homes on a small screen, that was happening miles away at the same time as watching them on the small screen...How we have moved along Hartey ;)
I should do it and broadcast a song to a receiver and Have it come through a speaker then do the radio one at some point as well

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I think a device that could communicate with the future would require a wave that has a Superluminal property. So call it Superluminal waves. Of course no such waves have been observed so far.

TimeFlipper

I think a device that could communicate with the future would require a wave that has a Superluminal property. So call it Superluminal waves. Of course no such waves have been observed so far.

Scalar waves allegedly travel at superluminal velocity, and below it, if necessary..