A weighty burden I carry with pride

The Persuasionist

Hi forum folk,

I couldn't resist telling you about another one of my experiences—a story that never really took place, extracted from a memoir that doesn't exist.

As a stage magician, I have always had a knack for capturing people's attention and leaving them baffled by my tricks. It was one evening at a lavish dinner party, hosted by some distinguished guests of scientific renown, that I found myself unintentionally stumbling into a world beyond imagination.

Performing my usual repertoire of illusions and optical illusions, I was merely there to entertain the guests and bring an air of mystique to the already glamorous affair. The room buzzed with an atmosphere of intellectual discussions and scientific achievements, a perfect setting for my art. People mingled, indulging in profound conversations about the mysteries of the universe.

After an exhilarating set, I was ready to unveil my pièce de résistance. I reached into my bag of tricks when, to my shock, a small metallic sphere rolled out, shimmering with an otherworldly glow. The room fell silent as all eyes fixated on the peculiar object.

Curiosity got the best of me, and I approached the sphere with caution, as though drawn in by an invisible force. Completely unaware of its significance, I raised the sphere high above my head and, with a dramatic flourish, presented it to the awe-struck audience. As soon as it touched the light, a blinding flash erupted, engulfing the room in a cascade of colors.

When the blinding light finally subsided, a mind-bending sight came into focus. Before me stood a stabilized microsingularity, a singularity contained in a state of suspended animation. It was a phenomenon beyond the realms of human comprehension, yet there I was, unwittingly revealing its existence to the scientific minds present.

Chaos ensued as government officials swiftly descended upon the scene, their composure and determination a stark contrast to the awe-struck guests. One of them, stern-faced and wearing a suit, pulled me aside and urged me in hushed tones to say nothing about what I had just witnessed. The weight of their request was not lost on me; they were entrusting me with the knowledge of an extraordinary secret, possibly one that could change the course of humanity.

As a magician, my mind was adept at keeping secrets, but this was an entirely different level of secrecy. The government official looked deep into my eyes, his gaze filled with a mixture of urgency and trust. "Can you keep this a secret?" he asked. I simply nodded and replied, "As a magician, I have made a lifelong oath to protect the illusions and enchantments that define my craft. Rest assured, your secret shall remain safe."

Years passed, and the events of that fateful evening lingered in my memory, etched like a hidden treasure. The singularity's existence was the most profound secret I had ever kept, unveiling the magnitude of what lay beyond the boundaries of human comprehension. I felt an overwhelming responsibility, but I was also motivated by a desire to share this unique experience with the world, even if it meant respecting my oath of silence.

And so, today, as I recount this tale, I leave certain key details unsaid, for the oath of silence is a weighty burden that I carry with pride. But within the confines of my memories, and through my enigmatic performances, I continue to weave magic, dropping subtle hints, and giving humanity the opportunity to glimpse the extraordinary nature of existence. After all, secrets kept by a magician can still inspire wonder and spark the imagination in wondrous ways.

Regards

The Persuasionist