A word of warning

thenumbersix

A word of warning

To all budding time machine enthusiasts...

After several months of very little sleep, intuative leaps and general hard work the fruits of my labour finally came about. My time machine is built !

At the beginning I decided on a small version, as a tester, this later turned out to be my downfall (obviously), many of the choices I had to make in it's design and methods were made after days of sleep deprevation and no notes were taken, as I said before intuitive leaps were abound....

Ok, so back to the point, I'm standing infront of my device making the final checks, as you do, and I've placed one of my remaining pet chickens into the time dilation cage (I still can't decide if the fact that the chicken fit perfectly was fate or some subconcious decision made earlier)

So, I hits the switch, frankly I'm not expecting much more than a roast dinner ! The whole contraption disappears, it made a kind of beeyowp noise, maybe a hint of 'bwoarkark'.

This is the bit I'm stuck with, in my haste and, I admit, excitement, I left the dial (the time dial obviously) on zero, tsk. I suspect a zero time is literally zero, maybe the 'big bang' which may be why everything now tastes like chicken (technically, though it was a hen).

Or it may be that the zero point was restricted to this gravity well (ie. Earth) as the power input to the time machine was supplied by a farm of 12v batteries charged by a wind farm of car alternators and radiator fans... I really don't know

Please take note and learn from my obvious mistakes, I think the main point was my eagerness and blatant dis-regard for the rules of time machine testing..

StarLord

Re: A word of warning

So THATS how they got a "Chicken In Every Pot" without bankrupting that administration.

Strangevisitor

So the chicken really did come before the egg (oh come on, don?t tell me no one saw that gag coming)

thenumbersix

heheh, I forgot about this one, that was a heavy weekend :D

Seriously though, have you seen my chicken, I want it back it layed a lot of eggs for me. Your cryptic hostage demands are not amusing !