About the banners on this page...

Razimus

Maybe I can start over... Hello, I'm Razimus, Time-Travel is my favorite subject.

-------------------[edited]---------------------
I just registered here, due to a referral, anyway the first thing I noticed was the banners, (johntitor dot com), (time travel fund), (flux cap).

The (time travel fund) from my perspective looks like a scam to rip off peoples money. I doubt a single penny given there goes into any "time travel" fund, and I have a good reason to believe this, which I'd rather not post now, since this is my first post here.

Sugguestion, get rid of the hoax & scam related banners.

--- Razimus

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

You want some advice? Try to find out about stuff before (using your first post) you go off about how this site is a fraud.

I know the owner of this site very well, and I will tell you right now that he's not into any "scams". The banners are there to increase our visibility. The more links we have to this forum, the higher it will appear on search engines such as Google.com.

Just because they're not PAYING to have their banners up there does not mean the owner of this forum is "partners" with them. Both this site, and the ones in the banners mutually benefit from each other by having those up there.

John does not own ANY of those sites listed in the banners, with the exception of the Time Travel Archive. I own Hoytroid.com. And no, no one is going to delete your account because of your opinions here.... It's just going to make people less friendly towards you by coming in here guns blazing.

If you think those sites are scams, show some evidence to back it up.

With that said, welcome to the site.

Snow

Ok so we aren't going to delete him! Can I just stick my tongue out at him?

:p :p :p

Welcome to the forum Razimus >:D<

Don't be :blush:

or :angry:

just because you are :D'oh:

Have fun and try do to some better sleuthing.

StarLord

That about covers it all, Welcome Razimus. Don't mind the wagging tongue, our stop sign is broken. :lol:

CaryP

Originally posted by Razimus@Oct 7 2004, 06:08 PM
I just registered here, due to a referral, anyway the first thing I noticed was the banners, (johntitor dot com), (time travel fund), (flux cap).

From the perspective of a first time visitor this forum looks less legit because of those banners. It makes me think the owner of those sites owns this forum, or are partners. As I doubt those sites are paying this forum to have those banners here.

My first impression was correct about the (time travel fund). This forum is owned by the same person that owns the (time travel fund). Which from my perspective looks like a scam to rip off peoples money. I doubt a single penny given there goes into any \"time travel\" fund, and I have a good reason to believe this, which I'd rather not post now, since this is my first post here.

Because the (time travel fund) owner owns this forum as well he'll probably delete my account, I'm not worried about that.

--- Razimus

Hey there buckshot, and welcome to the plantation. Let me clue you in. Mind your manners here, okay? John is the owner of this site, and he has been nothing but nice, even to rude yayhoos like you. John is well liked and respected by the members here. If it were up to me, I'd probably rough your ass up a bit for coming on so strong with your first post. But it ain't up to me, so relax. We tend to be polite society here and not make inflammatory posts, especially about the owner of the site (see above respect for John). Tread lightly or you might find yourself in a "back alley beating" here. I love those, 'cause dumb asses like you comin' in here, runnin their uneducated mouths are so fun to whup ass on. Get it straight bucko. This ain't the anomalies site, but there is plenty of ass whupin' here if you're in the mood. Am I 'splainin' it for ya bud? Do you get my drift? You won't be banned for your uneducated post, but you will be held as "suspect", at least by me, until proven otherwise. Don't go gettin' all cocksure about what you think you know. You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground so far. Chill bud. Otherwise, we might have to "razimus" you. Don't sound too good, but you might have some personal experience with that.

Watch your step and tread lightly, as we ain't in the "mood" to tolerate your "truck". I ain't taking any guff from some newcomer trying to lay a bunch of crap at John's feet. We clear buckshot? Don't make me come back here to staighten your ignorant ass out again.

Cary

sosuemetoo

Originally posted by Razimus@Oct 7 2004, 06:08 PM
I just registered here,

Welcome to the forum Raximus. I've read your posts from anomolies and timetravel institute.

From the perspective of a first time visitor this forum looks less legit because of those banners.

Now why would you think this, being a new member? You have joined several forums that have banner ads? Would you prefer pop up ads from Best Western and Blubster that attach spyware?

It makes me think the owner of those sites owns this forum, or are partners.

Our admin, John is the owner of the site. And I can assure you that he does not own any of the sites that are banner ads. They are merely our partners. Much like the sites that you post on.

As I doubt those sites are paying this forum to have those banners here.

No, they do not. This site is paid for by our admin, Satan and by generous contributions by our legacy members. He posts the accounting chart each month that is viewable by members.

My first impression was correct about the (time travel fund). This forum is owned by the same person that owns the (time travel fund). Which from my perspective looks like a scam to rip off peoples money. I doubt a single penny given there goes into any \"time travel\" fund, and I have a good reason to believe this, which I'd rather not post now, since this is my first post here.

Your opinion as a new member is most appreciated. Do you have facts to support your claim?

Because the (time travel fund) owner owns this forum as well he'll probably delete my account, I'm not worried about that.

You are incorrect in that assumption. I direct you to the following thread:

http://www.timetravelforum.net/forums/inde...p?showtopic=866

They are merely a partner. The owner of the time travel fund is not the owner of this forum. I personally know this for a fact.

While I would not personally delete your account, I find your accusations offensive and uninformed. This is a family/community where we know our staff members quite well. I'm sure if you spend much time here, you will come to the same conclusion.

We appreciate your suggestion and ask that you provide proof that they are scams. If you are able to provide proof, please post and let us know.

"Mom"

Razimus

Originally posted by PyRo99@Oct 7 2004, 03:41 PM
Heggy said it.

Get your facts straight.

Sorry for being so controversial, but my facts are usually straight. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I understand you assuming I'm talking out of my ***, as many people do on these forums, but about a month ago I looked at the registrar info on timetravelfund dot com and I only recently looked at the registrar info on this site, apparently my memory was playing tricks with me. I didn't double check the info, I could've sworn they were identical. Okay, I admit I was wrong about the owner of this site owning the time travel fund. I will always admit when I'm wrong, as I welcome the facts, even if they prove me wrong. Here are some facts.

Domain name: TIMETRAVELFORUM.NET
Registrant Contact:
TimeTravelForum
Satan DAngel ([email protected])
+1.7777777777
Fax: +1.7777777777
777 Njs Lane
Apt Njs
Huntsville, AL 35806
US
-------------------------------
Domain name: TIMETRAVELFUND.COM
Registrant:
Classical Dreams?
PO Box 1165
High Point, North Carolina 27261
United States

I still stick to my story that the time travel fund is a scam, but it is NOT owned by the same person that owns this site, that's where I was wrong, I forgot to double check. I have researched multiple internet scams, all of them have one thing in common, PO Boxes. Anyway you can believe me on that or not, it doesn't matter.

About the owner of this site, perhaps he is a good guy I don't know him, but when I see (fake) information on his domain's registrar info, it appears shady to me. Ok, there's nothing wrong about having fake info (unless you want to verify you own the domain name), but having (satan) as a nick name doesn't exactly come off as nice or honest.

Again, sorry for coming off rude, but I don't like to pander to anyone in any way. Thanks for the welcome, even though I was a bit annoyed, I can see the benefits to having a banner exchange for exposure.

--- Razimus
I have a little site of my own: razimus.com

lev

:: Raz ::

::.. If there is one thing I must say about this site is that there is a true sense of community here :: One of the few "middle grounds" where skeptics as well as lambs can convene and end up with actual conclusions on different subjects :: RARE ..::.. I feel that if the truth about any subject is to come about it would take a site like this to facilitate it along with people like yourself :: Deep diggers - I like to call em' ..::.. Welcome! ..::.. BTW - Love the site! ..::.. Keep in touch ..::

::.. PS - I agree with you about the Time Travel Fund but Satan aka John has been open to any and all relevant web sites here ..::

John

Razimus,
Welcome to the community. As you have found out Wayne (the owner of the time travel fund) and I are not the same person.

A story about the registrant info. When I originally registered the domain it was my intent to transfer ownership of the url to the owner of another site by the same name but using a .tk extension. I used bogus info for two reasons: first I didn't want people to be able to look up my personal information on the internet and have my home address. Second, and most importantly, I didn't plan on being in the website owning business. I was going to donate the url.

The plan to donate the url changed and what you see here is the change in the plan. Until you mentioned it I hadn't even considered what the domain registration said, as that issue had slipped my mind. I have since gone back and updated the registration information.

I am sure that you can understand, as a web patron, the importance of visibility and partnering with others in your niche field in order to gain a level of credibility. This is the purpose for the banners and free exchange of links. A more important aspect of them is that they provide a wider spectrum of this area of thought. Good, Bad or Ugly, they are still important in providing our users with as much of the total spectrum of interest as possible. The banners up there are free, no doubt, all one has to do is request a banner. To become an affiliate all one has to do is put us in a prime postion to target our intended audience and we reciprocate the gesture. As you are aware, isolationism on the web is equivalent to nonexistence. Not offering users the freedom to post what they find and see what else is out their on one's site only exhibits one's selfishness and greediness. Greediness for perhaps money or even greediness for "Power" over their users.

In a sense, in not showing the banners an admin would imply that he/she has control over what their user's view or do. However, it is quite the contrary. Users tend to leave these sites and show less loyalty to an atmosphere of strict control. We try to allow as much freedom as possible here. We allow the community to steer the direction of this community and this site. This way each user has their own ownership and stake in the community. The banners reflect what we have found on the internet and wish to share with everyone. We simply ask a link to us in exchange. Most, if not all, of the members here want more people to witness the great community they have forged here. That is my job, to make sure that they get the exposure and that people continue to come here and see the legends that post here. And like me, be lucky enough to actually get to converse with these legends.

I would post further but I have to go catch a plane. Have a great stay in the community and I look forward to reading your insights. Once again welcome.