An observation.

SergiusPaulus

The earth is traveling thru space. So its position in space is not the same in 2036 to the time that Titor traveled back to. So if he traveled to the position of the earth in the universe in the past they would have to know the position of earth?

AI: The primary coordinate system used for this purpose is the celestial coordinate system, which includes two main components: right ascension and declination.

It doesn’t sound like Titor traveled thru space. It sounds more of a teleportation. Teleportation is in its infancy of understanding. Teleportation seems to be related to 2 locations in space, not yet relevant to time displacement.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
The earth is traveling thru space. So its position in space is not the same in 2036 to the time that Titor traveled back to. So if he traveled to the position of the earth in the universe in the past they would have to know the position of earth?

AI: The primary coordinate system used for this purpose is the celestial coordinate system, which includes two main components: right ascension and declination.

It doesn’t sound like Titor traveled thru space. It sounds more of a teleportation. Teleportation is in its infancy of understanding. Teleportation seems to be related to 2 locations in space, not yet relevant to time displacement.

I think that is a good question. Does the earth move through space? Or does it drag space with it due to gravity? I don't think our science has answered that yet in relation to time.

SergiusPaulus

I believe the earth moves around the sun. We experience that with seasons. But are we as a solar system moving thru the universe. I’ve seen diagrams or simulations of us moving forward thru space.

Wind7

Staff
I believe the earth moves around the sun. We experience that with seasons. But are we as a solar system moving thru the universe. I’ve seen diagrams or simulations of us moving forward thru space.

If the sciences are correct in determining the motion of our nearest neighbor Alpha Centauri
as "moving towards our solar system" , one could reasonably arrive at the conclusion
that we too, are in motion.

I view our universe as being a vast spheroid leading from the Big Bang.

Wind7

Staff
I like what Immanuel Kant had to say back in 1770.

"First, in what the second edition labels the ‘Metaphysical Exposition’, Kant argues
that Space and Time are both pure forms of intuition and pure intuitions. "

'Much in Kant’s theory has been questioned by later philosophy of mathematics. Kant’s claim that geometrical theorems are synthetic because they can only be proven by construction has been rendered doubtful by more complete axiomatizations of mathematics than Kant knew, and his claim that such propositions describe objects in physical space yet are known a priori has been questioned on the basis of the distinction between purely formal systems and their physical realization.'

Source:

Thelema

If the sciences are correct in determining the motion of our nearest neighbor Alpha Centauri
as "moving towards our solar system" , one could reasonably arrive at the conclusion
that we too, are in motion.

I view our universe as being a vast spheroid leading from the Big Bang.

The concept of motion requires a comparison between two points. There always needs to be a reference point. That being said, the Earth is absolutely moving and is in a very different place than it will be in 2036. In fact, the Milky Way itself is moving. It's a good question about time travel - if you went back in time or forward in time, you'd find yourself floating in space unless you found a way to correct for that. But then you'd also be teleporting in addition to time travel, which is probably just as phenomenal.