Analyzing Peragro (Reloaded)

The_Ruffneck

Originally posted by John@Oct 21 2004, 11:29 PM
Well my first assumption that it was a fax number must be incorrect. When I called the number it rang 4 times then gave me a high pitched squeal. So, I tried to fax a blank piece of paper to the number (assuming that I might get a reply telling me who owned the \"fax\" machine). However, the faxes never talked. I am going to try from another fax machine just to make sure.

Hey John , looking at your post and high pitch squeal comment maybe there was a 56k modem connected to the internet on that line?

Trickster

I have read pretty much all the logs and posts now. I did not notice any more discussion about the currency Peragro used nor the investigation whether there are floating two 20? dollar bills, with the same serial number. I don't think he ever said if he did spend that exact bill, but it's likely as this was from the first day chats.

Here's the serial for alleged future money Jason gave in chats, CH87617880A

(unrelevant portions excluded)
May 18 01:34:48 <+TTF_Satan> what about a serial number off of a bill what can that hurt?
May 18 01:35:34 <+Peragro> Sure satan, one moment.
May 18 01:35:59 <+Peragro> BF65731710A
May 18 01:36:18 <+Peragro> Wait, that's not one of the originals.
May 18 01:36:59 <+Peragro> CH87617880A - This one is.
May 18 01:37:11 <+TTF_Satan> now take it to a bank such that I can get Peter to track the duplicity, or a post office...when you get the chance

---
Here's something propably just coincidental in nature, but might be a nifty sidetracked tidbit nevertheless. I did not see much research on the name Gallegos.

http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-b...edback&id=57097

A person, who propably has coincidentally a name Gallegos, is apparently Latin/Mexican origin (based on name and photo). He says to be an amateur astronomer and a regular visitor to Arecibo Observatory too. This is closest to anything even remotely related to the Peragro remark to "Gallegos" I have found so far.

Not much broke through with an easy searching so I dug deeper into various sources. Peragro threw the name Gallegos in chats apparently very confidently, which could mean he did not just invent it on the fly. Anyway, if he was a hoaxer he had to construct his story beforehand and come up with the name of an astronomer. And name Gallegos is not something you come up with a minute of googling if you just start digging astronomy. Closest match I found was a female oceanographist working for NASA.

CaryP

I'm not sorry, but this is one of the most amateur hoaxes I've ever seen.

Razimus,

Your bad attitude is showing. This is not anomalies. You don't believe in the Peragro thing, and neither do I. So what? Doesn't mean you have to come in here, and run your mouth. You want to truck some negative attitude, anomalies is your place. You came on like a jerk in one of your first posts and attacked John. Your uneducated ass was showing then. Now your negative ass is showing. Please make sure to cover them both before running through here and offending people. We clear now slick? This is the second time you've invited me to straighten you out. I wouldn't encourage a third. Remember what I told you before, we are a polite society here. Abide by that or 1) don't come back, or 2) expect appropriate repurcussions. Move along to the mean side of the street (that's anomalies.net if your uneducated ass is still showing) if that's your bent, bubba, but this ain't the place for it.

Cary

John

Originally posted by Razimus+Oct 21 2004, 10:39 PM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Cornelia@Jun 14 2004, 04:14 PM
Our friend Peragro left some traces behind him. Cards, Ids, "photos" (black...).
Everything is still waiting to be evaluated and discussed further. Or not? Was Peragro a "hole in the water"? I think that, TT or not, the message he was carrying deserves a serious thought.

I'm not sorry, but this is one of the most amateur hoaxes I've ever seen.
[snapback]12826[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

There is no need for apology. Please elaborate on your point. An opinion only becomes an insight when supported by facts. A debate is allowing oneself to be proven wrong based on one's own substantiating facts. I don't see either insight or debatable context in your post.

John

I got the report on the social security card. I am running it by Paul, just in case and for legality issues (I really hate legality issues). Once Paul gives the ok I will post what I got back. The interesting part is that the name on the social security card does not match the person to which the social security number belongs.

Oh, and I haven't received the drivers license report yet.

Snow

Great John! Correct me if I am wrong here - because sometimes I get my TT stories mixed up. Didn't peragro claim his documents were good forgeries and his money was real? So if the DL and SSN did check out or were legitmate documents that would take away from his claims rather than support them?

Set me straight?

SFW

KiraSjon

Originally posted by John@Oct 25 2004, 10:37 AM
I got the report on the social security card. I am running it by Paul, just in case and for legality issues (I really hate legality issues). Once Paul gives the ok I will post what I got back. The interesting part is that the name on the social security card does not match the person to which the social security number belongs.

Oh, and I haven't received the drivers license report yet.

I heard a lot about that stuff back in California when they were having a problem with illegal immigrants. They were taking the SSN of a dead person and using it with their names or vice versa. I can't fully remember.

Snow, I would think the fact that they did not match up would give peragro more validity. I can't wait to hear about the license check :D

John

Originally posted by Snow Fire Watches@Oct 25 2004, 10:52 AM
Great John! Correct me if I am wrong here - because sometimes I get my TT stories mixed up. Didn't peragro claim his documents were good forgeries and his money was real? So if the DL and SSN did check out or were legitmate documents that would take away from his claims rather than support them?

Set me straight?

SFW
Right of the top of my head I don't recall what/if he said anything about the documents.

Snow

Ok I went and checked.

Posted: May 16 2004, 07:50 PM

. . .

My false identity is simply a drivers license and social security card. These obviously allow me to check in to hotels. I was given money (actual U.S. bills from this time, not fakes) before I left as well.

. . .

So far cannot confirm that he said the documents were forged, only htat his identity is false.

SFW