Anime/Manga having paranormal influences

tflofasho

It was brought to my attention that a manga series that Misc. mentioned the other day named "Steins Gate" that talks about the nature of time travel and all that.

However, there's been other series by other authors over the years that have all actually been doing this. And the one that I have always put off and skipped over many times, even knowing how popular it was last decade that I should have kept up with, even though it was in plain sight all the time:

"Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya."

When I first heard the synopsis of this series based upon a serialized novel series in Japan before it became a manga and an anime, is that nothing happens and only one thing changes on a different day in the series, which to me, sounded more like a gag series.

However; when my curiosity after 10 years of putting this series off finally came and bit me, I decided to give it a try, only to realize... it was based upon paranormal conspiracy theories.

You can tell it has some law of attraction bit in there, but hear me out:

The main character (at least, I think she is?) is a conspiracy theorist who wants to meet aliens, time travelers and espers (ESP), and ironically, ends up drawing in a crowd of people who actually are that.

The ironic thing is how this series has been so blatant and in my face all these years and never knew this is what really trips me out, considering... I completely never knew the contents of this series at all until I finally decided to crack it open.

Now, I'm honestly not too big a fan of this series, as it's too contemporary and nothing land marking to me in art style, but the writing and plot are what have caught my interest, even though it's still somewhat contemporary and nothing novel.

However, because it's related metaphysically to the idea of the nature of the paranormal being the norm, I figured this would be a good thing to present to the forum, considering that it may potentially help give ideas and help with things that we may have missed out on and didn't see yet. In other words, chances are, there's some ideas these writers came across we have yet to discover over here in the west or on these forums. So in a sense... there's a possibility there's some truth in it, considering most series are based on truth and are satire to events in real life.

I've been watching this for ideas and hopefully come across some ideas and find subliminal truths to present to the forum to come and see what people on here think about what they find and would like to encourage the forum to watch the series too, not so much for the entertainment value, but to pick up clues and ideas as to what they authors may potentially could be telling and showing us in terms of what they are presenting towards their eastern and western audiences.

Miscellaneous

I haven't finished reading manga of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and lost track of were I left off when I was reading it online. And I also lost interest in continuing Steins Gate. (I have a habit of reading mangas unfinished).

I also got all 5 books of the manga as indicated by my hand ;) :D :p

hIyr8iCh.jpg

*cough* pardon the ecchi ones in there. The Pastel mangas are from my brother :rolleyes: and the Aoi House in Love manga was given to me as a christmas gift from my... Perverted female friend... :sleep: And the puppy is my sister's... :meow:

tflofasho

I don't know which ones are ecchi in that in all honesty. But fan service tends to cater to human nature depending on th audience. I don't know why people always play on people's senses with "sex sells." That's such a learning theory psychology thing with using positive feelings associated with things to sell.

Ecchi I have are real bout high school and saber marionette j when I was in my teen years but didn't like the quality of art or story after a while. They were too corny and cheesy. They're not like one piece or kenshin.

But yeah; interesting list. Here's what I used to have till I sold them to pay tickets... :/

I used to own death note and hunter x hunter but they're not there. There's a lot of series I would love to own one day a long with videogames and vinyl records.

When I get my masters in nursing I would definitely like to get my collection back again. Hopefully the prints would still be available and not out of print.

I want sayonara zetsubou sensei, lupin III, GTO and other good well written and illustrated ones. I like different kinds that stick out. But I read a lot too.

Lately I read the other works from people who put out popular series aside from their mainstream sellers to check their catalogue. I like seeing variety from them.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 4

tflofasho

Honestly, having watched this show so far; I question whether or not it was written by a philosopher. There's so much in here like metaphysics and existentialism that it's seriously not funny.

The Funny thing is haruhism in the opening sequence.

It's like a huge philosophy of haruhi. I wonder if any modern philosophers actually use this as a topic. I seriously would. Like South Park, it talks about the nature of consciousness and how our minds shape he world; hence; haruhi.

It's kind of funny if you think about it.

Miscellaneous

@tflofasho I'm so jealous!! (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑) You have a nice bookshelf right there! I think I need a bigger bookshelf because I actually have more books (but not manga) that's not on my shelf. Also, when I first read Haruhi Suzumiya, I was confused as to what the heck Haruhi's origin is or whatever (and why she was the 'creator') because the manga was talking about 'data' and stuff and I assumed that the manga was based on theories or something.

Miscellaneous

PS: I'm following you on IG ≥﹏≤ I draw anime and stuff.. Anyway, you'll see.

Edit: Wow you have a lot of followers... ●︿●

Apologies for the emoticons. Blame the mangas I've been reading. Makes me feel... Fab! Kidding kidding. It makes me act like a kid. I'm in the mood for humor and stuff right now. Lol

tflofasho

@tflofasho I'm so jealous!! (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑) You have a nice bookshelf right there! I think I need a bigger bookshelf because I actually have more books (but not manga) that's not on my shelf. Also, when I first read Haruhi Suzumiya, I was confused as to what the heck Haruhi's origin is or whatever (and why she was the 'creator') because the manga was talking about 'data' and stuff and I assumed that the manga was based on theories or something.

Don't be, it got destroyed a couple years back when I had to sell my stuff to get rid of my tickets. That year in 2014 I lost everything because of that. I was going thru a very difficult time in my life and couldn't comprehend or figure anything out after that.

I basically want to go to 2012 in the summer to tell myself to get a internship at a gym as a trainer and to get ready for the GRE for my masters in nursing and get certified as a trainer and coach to help make money and tell myself to quit pirating and smoking weed. Keep playing games, watching anime, collect vinyl records, draw and all that stuff. I was really blessed and hooked up with lots of good cool stuff over the years but always kept making impulsive actions over girls in my life because of it.

But it seems more like a silly crap idea now compared to just trying to snap out of it and go for my masters in nursing to start making money and get rid of my problems.