Another new member

Grandtheftcow

Another new member

Hi. I dont believe in time travel myself but I am more interested in discussion of space and time within known theories. I have read a few theories I find questionable but will I be banned for questioning those theories? The rules seemed a little extreme to me.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Another new member

Hey man, welcome to the site.

Nope, you won't be banned at all. I'm not sure what rules you're talking about though.... As long as you're decent in your posts and respectful of others no one will have any reason to ban you LOL.

I've questioned numerous theories on here and never had anything happen :)

Welcome to the site.

CaryP

Another new member

Welcome to the plantation Grandtheftcow. The mods and admins here are excellent. You get warned several times before you get banned. There have only been a few "bannings" here, and they were more than welcome by the membership in general. Just don't try any anomalies style flame fest or start attacking someone. Pick a fight and you might find yourself jumped on pretty bad before the mods can get to you.

You'll be cool here. Question all you want, it's what makes a discussion lively. We've got some scientific types here that will keep you engaged. I ain't one of 'em. Enjoy your stay bucko.

Cary

Ralan

Another new member

Welcome to the community, Grandtheftcow. What were the rules that seemed extreme to you?

Grandtheftcow

Another new member

Here are some of the rules I had a bit of a problem with perhaps extreme was the wrong word to use.
From
http://www.timetravelforum.net/forums/inde...php?showtopic=4
on level two warnings
5. Do not insult the Admins and Mods on the board.
6. Do not be uncooperative with the Admins and Mods.
7. Do not insult the entire board and all of the members of the board.

I've found that rules like this can lead to moderators or admins abusing the fairness of the rules just to get rid of someone they dont like and when that person complains they just point to rules like the ones above.

A. Be careful when writing about intelligence, mental health, and moral integrity. Often the person talked about will become offended. Such remarks make them less willing to listen to what you have to say. Also it also shows that you are unwilling to consider what they have to say.

I see this as a potenial way for members to cry wolf when things arnt going thier way.

14.(Supercedes RULE 5) A memeber of this community, should not ask a time traveller when a next terrorist attack is, where, when, how. The Time Traveller should not respond to this question nor should he/she post any specifics to a coming terrorist attack. Violators of this rule, will have their posts deleted, and will receieve a warning. Violating this rule more than once, can/may result in a ban.

This looks like a convenient cop out to me and could prevent members from questioning the legitimacy of a self proclaimed time traveler.

Maybe Im just paranoid but I have had problems with boards in the past.

PyRo99

Another new member

Grandtheftcow,

We are a community here, that is why we do not insult one anothers intelligence. Myself, as a mod, I get into deep dodo, a lot, and I will spar with members, do I warn them, no, because I usually deserve it.

Rule 14. Is to proteoct us, from the government. If you haven't seen, they are corrupt, too but it nicely. They have the Department of Homeland Security, which, could come down hard upon us, for not notifying them of a terrorist prediction. So, we are just protecting our own selves with that, and also because there are younger people here that can be "scared" by the predictions.

There is no need to worry Grandtheftcow, we are all fair, and loving here, and we forgive very easily. Just hop in the chat sometime, and you'll see a prime example of this.

Pyro

searcherb

Re: Another new member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Grandtheftcow\")</div>
Hi. I dont believe in time travel myself but I am more interested in discussion of space and time within known theories. I have read a few theories I find questionable but will I be banned for questioning those theories? The rules seemed a little extreme to me.[/b]

Have you read "The Field" by Lynn McTaggart? Also, "The Final Theory" by McCutcheon? I haven't read that yet, but have it on order. These would seem to be along the lines of your interests. Have you looked at the "What the Bleep Do We Know website? There are links to both of these pubs on the site.

Bernard

Re: Another new member

I can understand banning certain subjects and behaviour...but what happened to free speach and the American Declaration of Independance?

The government working for the people on behalf of the people?

I hope that you and I enjoy our stay.

Bernard
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Grandtheftcow\")</div>
Hi. I dont believe in time travel myself but I am more interested in discussion of space and time within known theories. I have read a few theories I find questionable but will I be banned for questioning those theories? The rules seemed a little extreme to me.[/b]