Another Stepping Stone

ZeoEmeraude

Another Stepping Stone

Well, as usual here we have another case of <span style='color:blue'>"The Man" tryin to keep the human race down. Look folks, I am no big proponant of invasion of privicy, so I will just say this. The day we allow ourselves to be herded along in life like pathetic farm animals, is the day when we as a species loose all hope and ability to become more than what we are. I kinda think that if I had a chip in my arm, or some "M.I.B" watching my every keystroke (not that they aren't doing it anyway...*waves to the N.S.A* ) then I have become another candidate in the "Let's decide your every waking thought and decision game".(IMHO)</span>

Judge Bean

Another Stepping Stone

Following the bad dreams of Dick, some science fiction writers have proposed that our lives are in fact merely enormous computer scenarios like the Matrix, and that it's your duty to make yourself as interesting as possible in order to avoid deletion.

However, there are some examples of people who seem to contradict this vision, such as Dan Quayle and Andy Rooney.

StarLord

Another Stepping Stone

There is the flip side to that, we of our own accord decide to move the arm locked in the center that causes us to play and play and play and play and play and........

dancho

Another Stepping Stone

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Dec 14 2004, 11:47 AM
Following the bad dreams of Dick, some science fiction writers have proposed that our lives are in fact merely enormous computer scenarios like the Matrix, and that it's your duty to make yourself as interesting as possible in order to avoid deletion.

However, there are some examples of people who seem to contradict this vision, such as Dan Quayle and Andy Rooney.

I agree with this, in a way. But-- I think that we control the "computer scenario" and we set the "parameters" for our own lives. How we respong to what life throws at us determines how well we do at the game of life.

Have you done the right thing today?

Judge Bean

Another Stepping Stone

Originally posted by PyRo99@Dec 14 2004, 08:04 PM
That'd be interesting if we could be deleted. I'm surprised I haven't been delted.

How do you know you haven't been deleted?

ZeoEmeraude

Another Stepping Stone

"Unfortunately, noone can be shown what the Matrix is. You must experience it for yourself." (The Matrix)

Hey, either way we still get to post our thoughts. Shoot, has anyone read the book "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card? Now that kid had it rough, and <span style='color:blue'>"The Man" made him win a war with a controller and a screen. </span>

PyRo99

Another Stepping Stone

Good Point Paul.

But then again, what if you and me are just figments of our own imaginations?

KiraSjon

Another Stepping Stone

Aren't you though Pyro? Isn't that the truest form of reality? Discovering that which exists, exists only to us because we acknowledge it as so and thus implement our full beliefs regarding such existance. I guess my question is then - how powerful is your imagination?

StarLord

Another Stepping Stone

Your imagination is the vehicle to everywhere. If you can imagine it, you can get there.