Any lawyers present?

The Federation

Any lawyers present?

Greetings TTF,

I am currently doing research on a possible new time traveler and Ive found my self in need of an answer to a legal query.

Is it possible to find documentation proving that a judicial gag order is in place (in regard to a case against a person)?

Thanks,
Federation

CaryP

Any lawyers present?

Federation, may I introduce you to Paul J. Lyon, Esq. and member of the California Bar Assoc.

Cary

Judge Bean

Any lawyers present?

I have just seen this. PM the question if you dare.

StarLord

Any lawyers present?

While we are waiting for the Federations' Legal Question, this should help pass the time since we are speaking of Lawyers. This of course has no bearing on present company.

Lawyers should never ask a question if they aren't prepared for the answer.
During a trial, a Southern small town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grandmotherly type elderly woman to the stand. He approached her and asked,
"Mrs Jones, do you know me?"

To which she responded, "Why, yes I do know you Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a young boy, and frankly, you have been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you never will amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you"

The lawyer was stunned! Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked "Mrs Jones, do you know the defense attorney?" She replied "Why yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster too. He's lazy, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated oh his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife, as a matter of fact. Yes I know him" The defense attorney almost died.

The judge asked both counselors to approach the bench, and in a very quiet voice, said, "If either of you bastards asks her if she knowns me, I'll throw your sorry asses in Jail for contempt."

Unintentional

Any lawyers present?

True story:

During a custody hearing for my kids, my wife's lawyer asked me, "Then why, Mr. Unintentional did Mrs. Unintentional tell me that you have had three dui's?"

I answered, "Well, I guess she lies to you too!" (My lawyer and the Judge thought that was pretty funny.)

Note: I have never had dui or any alcohol related offense. I don't know why my ex-wife told her lawyer that. Maybey she wanted to exagerate how bad I was.

I think the better rule is never ask a question that you don't already know the answer.