anybody that can help

mark

anybody that can help

theres a movie whit john travolta were hes from this alien race that comes to take the earth gold, they take the main character an hooke em up to a like learning machine. what i want to know is if thats possible wouldnt a person just hooke himself up learn all forms of science an math and then create a time machine.(hey maybe astral projection could be used for this method)

Strangevisitor

Re: anybody that can help

that sounds like Battlefield Earth.

I don't know if that would be possible. I don't know if even with all our science and math in one person we could be able to make a time machine. Maybe with the alien knoweldge too, but if one person had all this knoweldge their head might exploded or something from the strain of all the information because humans only use 10% of our brains. Even if nothing did happen, he might not be able to access the information.

Lucidus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"mark\")</div>
theres a movie whit john travolta were hes from this alien race that comes to take the earth gold, they take the main character an hooke em up to a like learning machine. what i want to know is if thats possible wouldnt a person just hooke himself up learn all forms of science an math and then create a time machine.(hey maybe astral projection could be used for this method)[/b]

How about this Mark, you have all the information you need to build a jet aircraft available right here on the internet. Can you build one?

Strangevisitor-
but if one person had all this knoweldge their head might exploded or something from the strain of all the information because humans only use 10% of our brains.

I think that it has been demostrated that humans do not use 10% of their brains, but 100%. I don't have the link but I think there was an article about this in Scientific American.

StarLord

The 10% numbers came from testing politicians. It seems that there is a direct corolation between greed, and strangling synapses until they beg for mercy and start paying for things large corporations should be paying for.

If you were that smart to be able to build that by your self, you would have decided to build a space ship and gone looking for ET to show off your Star Wars DVD Collection along with that famous galactic treat, Fizzies.

CaryP

"that sounds like Battlefield Earth."

Yeah, that's the one. It was based on a book written by L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of the Church of Scientology. What a stink bomb. Travolta is a member of the church, as is Tom Cruise and several other "celebrities." Hubbard is described as the anti-Christ by his son, L. Ron Hubbard, Jr. The man was a kook. Or, let me say it this way, he was coocoo for Cocoa Puffs. Interesting twist of scifi, but nothing serious there.

Cary

StarLord

Interesting note on that, in certain circles they were knows as the Spiritual Gestapo. They would go around to the new age spiritual paths and stealing their ideas would come up with 'new' training ideas to help folks 'Get It'

CaryP

Yeah, well I had an "interview" with these folks, and all they wanted was mucho bucks for "clearing locks" to our full potential. From what I've read, they treat the "celebrities" like royalty and the "common folk" like ATM machines. Anyway, the whole thing looked "dirty" to me. You can make your own mind up on this one.

Cary

mark

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"lucidus\")</div>
How about this Mark, you have all the information you need to build a jet aircraft available right here on the internet. Can you build one?

Strangevisitor-

I think that it has been demostrated that humans do not use 10% of their brains, but 100%. I don't have the link but I think there was an article about this in Scientific American.[/b]

to the first question is yes if one had the money. theyrefore i would try to learn all types of bussines skills this way i can get enougth funds to build it because everybodie knows that money is what makes the world go round

darwi

anybody that can help

theres a movie whit john travolta were hes from this alien race that comes to take the earth gold, they take the main character an hooke em up to a like learning machine. what i want to know is if thats possible wouldnt a person just hooke himself up learn all forms of science an math and then create a time machine.(hey maybe astral projection could be used for this method)

darwi

That's an old science fiction idea from the 1950s at least, to hook someone up to a machine to make them smarter. Remember MONSTER OF THE ID from back then?