Are there ways to see people through walls like concrete?

TimeFlipper

Yes the military has that capability not sure what its called exactly but a Google search should net some results. And I've heard of an android app that can see through drywall.

Thermal imaging cameras cannot "see" a heat source (Humanoid) that's behind a thick concrete wall, which forms the title of this thread..
A pipe containing a heat source such as hot water, and is built "inside" a concrete wall, could be seen by thermal imaging, provided that the heat is passed through the exterior of the concrete wall, for the thermal imaging camera to pick it up..

981cav

Thermal imaging cameras cannot "see" a heat source (Humanoid) that's behind a thick concrete wall, which forms the title of this thread..
A pipe containing a heat source such as hot water, and is built "inside" a concrete wall, could be seen by thermal imaging, provided that the heat is passed through the exterior of the concrete wall, for the thermal imaging camera to pick it up..
It's not thermal imaging its some sort of radar or xray

981cav

[/URL]

Not sure on posting links see if those work

981cav

lumineye.com the company with the contract to make said device still cant get this thing to copy links right

Wind7

Staff
w

You would have thought that the US military would have demanded that their troops protective helmets and body armour MUST be manufactured from that transparent Aluminium...You cannot put a price on the life of any soldier!

It's far too heavy to be worn.
However...it IS used exclusively for windows in most assault vehicles of land, air and sea I believe.

981cav

It's far too heavy to be worn.
However...it IS used exclusively for windows in most assault vehicles of land, air and sea I believe.
It is not being used for ballistic windows in any military vehicles at this time. 1 Its not as cost effective as ballistic glass. Remember the government goes with the lowest bidder on everything they field. We still got combat soldiers using Vietnam era m16s. 2 They aren't able to make it in panels big enough to fit in combat vehicles at this time. They are testing it and working out the logistics on manufacturing price and size. But one day soon they will be using it in uparmored vehicles.

TimeFlipper

I cant foresee a group of US soldiers (or any other soldiers) in an urban conflict zone carting around 21 antennas that HAS to be in a "line of sight" position, just to view some terrorists lurking behind a concrete wall, that more than likely be much thicker than the radar penetration distance of a mere 8 inches!!..

There is also another problem...Buildings made with reinforced concrete that contains metal bars and wire, would prevent that very low powered radar getting through it, by acting as a Faraday Shield...I compare the present "see through concrete walls" technology, to that of the very early mechanical Television tests in 1925, engineered by John Logey Baird, that was ultimately doomed to failure!! (n):D..