Are you afraid?

Chromium

Are you afraid?

Almost two years ago to the day i was emailed a link to anomalies.net by my friend. All he said was read these posts by a guy called John titor... I was utterly intregued to say the least. So i did some searches. I found johntitor.com and was equally impressed. Ever since then i have scoured the web for anything JT related. To this day i have no judgement as to whether he is real or not. to be honest, i don't care. The thing which amazes me about John is his writing. It is fully consistent. At no point did he waver from his style. He didn't prevaricate to different topics when under pressure through questioning. He seemed to be so relaxed and refined... He was almost complacent in his writings, as if he didn't care too much about what he said because it either fell on deaf ears or because he knew he was talking to the walking dead. Maybe i am over dramaticising this but his consistency chills me. To be honest, he is the reason i am here, writing on this forum.

I sidestep any arguments about his validity because there is one factor which always plays on my mind... Real or not, he raised incredibly pertinent questions about todays society, our inadiquecies and the volatile world in which we reside.

Either way, John Titor cannot be ignored.

My question is this:
Does what he had to say change the way you feel toward the future? If you'd never read his posts, would you have the outlook you have today? In your mind, have you started to prepare for what John predicted? If so, what will be your strategy and, are you frightened by what he had to say? I know i am.

I had my future planned perfectly before 2002 i knew exactly what i wanted to do, and the direction i wanted to head but his writings put a stop to that. I inadvertantly took on board what he said and it really brought home our shortcomings as a planet. It scared me. It scared me so much that i applied for a working visa to Australia. I currently await the response from the Australian immigration department.

So, Whether true or not, a person called John Titor showed me things i couldn't possibly imagine, and he brought home factors in my life i wouldn't have concieved had i not read his posts. I have roughly two months before i really make up my mind and then i shall act upon them according to my findings.

To be honest, i hope he is a fake... Either that or the 2% divergance in our worldline will be enough to ensure that the things which John described don't happen because enough of us take on board what he said, and act upon them accordingly.

Here's hoping... I'm still scared though...

sosuemetoo

Are you afraid?

Chromium, Resident Mom here. Let me first say, welcome to our forum! We hope you enjoy your time here.

I found out about JT around January of this year and did the "required reading" on the subject. I became facinated with the subject and have formed my own opinion.

I believe in JT. If my belief is wrong, so be it...I'll be very happy. I do not wish for JT to be true, I just believe that he is.

Am I scared? Well, not as much as I was in the beginning. I realized that the best cure for fear is to first be knowlegeble of what I am fearful of and second to be prepared. I'm the kind of person (once you know me, you'll understand) who doesn't like surprizes. I like to plan for the future because I have more than a few people that depend on me.

Am I paranoid? No, not in the least. I am simply prepared. I do have extra bike tubes for the many bikes sitting in our garage. I have a vegetable garden. I can food. I do have extra water, a few months worth of prescriptions for my family, as well as a "getaway" bag in the trunk. I have an emergency plan for my immediate family.

My father is retired USAF, and I have many members of my family in the military. For those that grew up in a military family, we learned to be prepared...we learned the "duck and cover" song, we did regular drills. When 9/11 occurred, I did all of these things to prepare in case of an emergency. I also live less than 5 miles from a nuclear power plant.

My advise to you is to plan for the future. Do not be paranoid, do not be scared. When you are, you tend not to think logically. Just prepare for the worst, watch for signs, and live each day to the fullest. Enjoy your family and friends, do the things you and enjoy and carry on!

HackimerRob

Are you afraid?

M is for the many things she gaaaave meeeee-------

That's a great post Su-

Chromium, I feel your fear. I had it for months when I first got into JT, and now I feel it by seeing what I believe to be the beginnings of the social distortions leading into a possible war, albeit I believe it's going to be a class war, which isn't necessarily not what JT meant. (sorry for the double negative, end of my work day).

I agree wholeheartedly with mom's post. Be vigilant, be knowledgeable about the reality of things, and try not to let Tom Ridge get to you.

sosuemetoo

Are you afraid?

Instead of editing my post, I'll just add to it.

I do not believe that JT wanted to put fear in us. I believe he wanted us to to be prepared. He wanted to help us, not scare us.

I do not know your age, your marital status or what your responsibilites are, but I am married and my children are 16 and 12. I know that if my children heard and read about JT, they would be really (I will use my wording here) "freaked out." I do not want to "freak anyone out."

Please, go on with your life and enjoy. If JT's predictions come true, you will be prepared...further you pass on the gift to others of being prepared, even if it JT is not true. This is a gift of preparedness that might be of help in the coming days or not. Many, even after 9/11 had not considered what they should do in case of a national emergency.

Once again I say, I'm not paranoid, just prepared. I understand the "newbies" that have just heard about JT, it does make you scared and possibly irrational. You don't know what tomorow will bring. You want answers and you want them "NOW." You want some reassurance that JT is a fake and none of this will happen or you want to know that it will happen.

IMO, JT has not been debunked in any of the forums I've read. We will just have to rely on faith, be prepared in case something does happen, and be there for one another, and be there for those who are close to us.

I hope this post helps those that are new to the forum. Please feel free to IM me if you have any concerns. I am here to help in any way I can.

P.S. Wanted to give you an extra "hug" Rob" Thank you for the compliment.

pauli

Are you afraid?

Am I afraid? Good question. I guess the answer is "I don't know." I do believe we are in for some hard times ahead; and while I am not afraid for my own sake, I am afraid for my neices, nephews and the children of my friends. I am worried about where this world seems to be heading.

Am I afraid the gov't is going to come in and kick in my door? Not yet. I will need to see a bit of evidence of this happening before I start to become concerned. I think that might change if we see things begin to fall apart though.

What I am worried about, however, is the fear and (what seems to me to be) unnecessary paranoia in our society. I think about the 1930's and the Depression. Historians have told us that a large reason why the Stock Exchange fell was due people panicking and allowing their fears to take control. It was sort of the response you see when people die in a burning building because they all try to run out of the building at the same time. If things get scary, and people keep their heads, I think we can live through it. It might be difficult, but we can ride through the worst of it. However, if people panic and run amok, then we have much with which to be concerned.

If what Titor predicted, in his vague postings, happens, it will come about because we allow it to happen. In the meantime, I think the saying "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst." is the best advice possible.

Snow

Are you afraid?

This is probably going to sound weird, but the John Titor story actually gave me hope.

I popped into this story as Alexander was emerging. I had to read John Titor to be able to ask questions of Alex without getting the dunce cap put on me in mIRC chats with him. I was already distrustful of the government. When the OKC bombing happened and I first heard it on the news, they were suggesting that it was some Middle Eastern terrorism but I got a clear voice in my head that said ?We did this to ourselves.? That voice seemed to be from outside of my own mind ? I have heard it a couple times before, and a couple times since ? and it doesn?t lie, whatever it is. That was when my general distrust of the government started to develop into something more certain and concrete.

So back to the hope . . . even if the Titor story is not true, many people who have read it are awake to the fact that their rights are being whittled away, that their government is corrupt, that the people who are supposed to serve and protect them are directed by the self-serving elite. If the Titor story is true, we are in a timeline that actually has a heads up and we can work to change things. You don?t have to tell your mama that a time traveler said you are losing your rights. Just point to the evidences. And if we can?t change things before it?s too late, and there are the beginning signs of a civil war, we can get ready in the ways that we were told to. A whole ?nother topic.

So coming from the position of believing already that ?something wicked this way comes?, John Titor?s story didn?t scare me. It gave me hope that we can wake up as a nation and take our country back. We don?t actually have to have John Titor?s past be our future to do that. Do we?

From the edge or maybe a little beyond . . .

Snow Fire Watches

pauli

Are you afraid?

Actually SFWs, I don't think it strange that the Titor story gave you a sense of hope. It did the same thing for me, but for a different reason.

As much as I know I will probably get flamed for saying this, I thought his question about 130 million dying being a "good thing" wasn't totally wrong. I actually thought it was an interesting question - a bit provocative, yes, but good. It made me think. He talked about the state of our society, of our selfishness and rampant consumerism. He spoke about moral and religious issues, etc. along the same lines. Being a religious person myself, I really feel we are out of control in this society. I think we are too consumed with ourselves and that it might take a whole generation dying out to get us to see how absolutely corrupt we are. Please understand when I say this that in NO WAY do I wish to see such a thing happen, but I do think that there was something to be said for him asking the question.

So, I also felt a sense of hope from his postings - albeit for a slightly different reason.

Lonewolf

Are you afraid?

I am not afraid, but I am mindful. John said that completely faith in anything was misplaced, and I believed him on that. Also, the varience of Y2K not hitting adds an amazing ramification factor to our worldline, where some events and times are going to be majorly different, in my humble opinion though.
Another one of the exercises that I went through for this was trying to pack a backpack that didn't weigh more then 30 lbs with everything I would need in order to survive a year. I also picked up a portable GPS navigator. I really do feel ready. But I hope I never have to be.

Lonewolf

Are you afraid?

Originally posted by keylempa@Aug 12 2004, 01:32 AM
dang I guess I missed the part where he said that Y2K hit in his worldline...

I believe he asked "What major event was prepared for in the last year that never happened."
Further supporting this was the fact that on his worldline everything had moved back over to unix/linux technology.

But once again, The worldline we are on now is possibly a great deal different because of these events.