Are you prepared for a Electromagnetic Pulse Threats?

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Have you Prepared?
130715.EMP-blast-effects.jpg

SOURCE: Gary Smith's testimony "Electromagnetic Pulse Threats" before the Subcommittee on Military Research and Development, Committee on National Security, U.S. House of Representatives, July 16, 1997.

BlastTyrant

i don't think anyone really is, the world would be in mass panic after a hour or 2 of no electronics. No cell phones no internet no cold storage, Dried and canned foods, and get the bike out cause 90% of all cars will be rendered useless. gas pumps wouldn't work. it would bring civilization to its knee's and very very fast.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
i don't think anyone really is, the world would be in mass panic after a hour or 2 of no electronics. No cell phones no internet no cold storage, Dried and canned foods, and get the bike out cause 90% of all cars will be rendered useless. gas pumps wouldn't work. it would bring civilization to its knee's and very very fast.

BlastTyrant: Your 100% right

Num7

Administrator
Staff
What is a single person supposed to do to prepare and protect his/her things?

All we can do, is prepare to the stone age that will follow such an event I suppose.

Samstwitch

I'm prepared as much as I can be. In addition to my Prepper items, I have 2 faraday cages full of goodies, i.e. solar-powered battery charger, rechargable batteries, wind-up radio, solar-powered flashlights, a Geiger Counter, and more. I recently bought a small generator, but need to pack it in a faraday cage as well. Hopefully I will never have to use any of these items.

BlastTyrant

What is a single person supposed to do to prepare and protect his/her things?

All we can do, is prepare to the stone age that will follow such an event I suppose.

not a lot Num, this isn't like a Zombie scenario or ww3 scenario where you still can use walkie-talkies and cell phones and drive cars. This will eliminate everything Southern states would have spoiled food within days due to the heat. And there is literally no one you can call, no news to check no CB's to communicate with. Basically it is being shut off from the whole world.

Dried Foods and non perishables are your best bet here, Anything Solar powered, but keep in mind if it has a circuit board there is a chance it will be fried. Lots and lots of water assuming you dont have a well. Basically anything that requires a fridge or freezer is Gone.

But correct me if i am wrong but wont a EMP only affect things that are actually On? I know the only real things that can fry a Circuit board assuming if its off is Electricity or Water. "obviously fire"

TnWatchdog

Blast is right as this event would be as bad as any other disaster, maybe worse...as we would feel the upcoming doom coming upon us...starvation. Have you ever seen a world that has become so dependent on electricity and other means of technology? This quick take away will bring on martial law, the mark, and be our ruin. Get your hand operated can opener now, while supply lasts!

TnWatchdog

In a post EMP world:
It will be the cool...in-thing to live the Amish lifestyle.
A voice from the Amazon jungle can be heard saying, "What is electricity?