are youin the 98% or 2%

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Originally I thought the post was about who is sane and who is not. Naturally my mind gravitated toward the two percent that control us all. Obviously they are insane. I almost posted that. But then I decided to check the initial poster. I know I don't follow the pack all the time. But it is funny that I chose a tool that was red in color. Even if not a hammer.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Well, the forums skip to the bottom and you have to scroll back up to start reading and I had already saw the words "red hammer". :)

paradox404

OK, so lets say I'm in the 2%...So what that that say about the way I think?

It would probably mean that you have a unique thought pattern. The 98% would probably be the chunk of the population that sheep for everything. Besides, I'd say the vast majority of us here would be in the 2% simply by nature.

Orpheus Rex

There are some people who naturally and subconsciously (or consciously) seem to try to mess up the parameters of the experiment. I'm sure many of us have seen these kinds of mind tricks before and subconsciously realized that we needed to think in the abstract to beat it and be the 2%. However, the "test" is nothing more than a mind trick that subliminally implants the idea "red hammer" into the mind through subverbal cues. What really matters here is how the subject reading has experienced before and is capable of breaking out and even breaking "the rules". For example I determined what tool I would say and tried to keep it in mind casually until the end to try to overwrite the subliminal message. What it shows at best is the ability to not be influenced by the subliminal which is almost always based on previous experience. So it is often a trained trait rather than natural talent. That's my take anyways.

Suraska

are youin the 98% or 2%

At the end of this, you are asked a question.

Answer it immediately. Don\'t stop and think about it.

Just say the first thing that pops into your mind.

Creepy I thought about the red hammer. Definitely a member of the sheep generation!

Ayasano

Well, I thought about a blue wrench, so I guess I'm not in the 98%. :p

People mentioned font colours though, so I'm assuming this went up on some previous iteration of the forum? I see white text and a lot of broken html code.