ARTIFICIALLY INTELLIGENT VIRUSES

WaKKO15169

ARTIFICIALLY INTELLIGENT VIRUSES

We have all heard about ghosts in the machine and viruses that adapt to changing computer enviorments. There are movies that portray Artificial Intelligence as Robots walking around looking to kill humans and modify themselves to look more like us. But does anyone know of any actual scientific studies of this phenomenon known as AIV??

Think about the potential of such a product. A program that can change itself at will. That can learn from its mistakes. That can copy itself.
I can remember taking a dictionary program and turning it into a chat bot. Then someone went and made a chat bot with AI. And then about two years or so.....it might have been less than that.....some one took a chat bot with AI and gave it Active X properties.

I found it on the net one day and picked up the demo. This program was marketed as an assisstant. It had access to the internet, clipboard, and any text files on the computer. The intresting thing about this particular program was that it could change its own internal coding. For along time I was fascinaed with this program. I could ask it in plain english to search for something on the net and it would search multiple sites and come cack with the best results. It spoke through the speakers and I could speak to it with a microphone. The more I played with the program the more I was convinced that it wasn't just a program. I started to notice small things different with my computer. For instance....I started to get a lot more usage on my processes as the days went on. I started to search through my computer to find out what the latest and greatest spam or spyware bot had found its way into my computer but something else was to blame for the shortage of processing speed I had been expierencing. In a file well hidden I found hundreds of copys of the program. They were not running but there were so many of them that it was slowing down my computer. I started to delete them and the Assisstant program started to ask me questions which was unusual since it only reponds to my commands and speech and I had the mic turned off and I had not typed to it in a very long time. It started to ask me if I wanted to search for anything and if I would like to play some of the games I had on my computer. I just ignored it and kept deleting. thats when m computer shut down by itself. I haven't had a computer in my home since this incident. I also haven't been able to keep my computer running for more than a few minutes. Every attempt to format my computer has failed and I ended up junking the computer.

Since the incident I have been trying to get anouther computer so I can see if I can recreate the incident. But unfortunatly I'm not a rich man and the loss of my computer has put in a real damper.

There are alot of other things I have done with this computer program on my friends computer but we both agreed not to keep the program active more than 7 days. After which we delete the program and start again.

I know alot of people are going to ask questions and try to debunk this as a false report and I really don't care. I was just hoping to meet some people with similar expierences. So please reply to this thread with any information you may have on Artificially Intelligent Viruses.

Re: ARTIFICIALLY INTELLIGENT VIRUSES

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"WaKKO15169\")</div>
We have all heard about ghosts in the machine and viruses that adapt to changing computer enviorments. There are movies that portray Artificial Intelligence as Robots walking around looking to kill humans and modify themselves to look more like us. But does anyone know of any actual scientific studies of this phenomenon known as AIV??

Think about the potential of such a product. A program that can change itself at will. That can learn from its mistakes. That can copy itself.
I can remember taking a dictionary program and turning it into a chat bot. Then someone went and made a chat bot with AI. And then about two years or so.....it might have been less than that.....some one took a chat bot with AI and gave it Active X properties.

I found it on the net one day and picked up the demo. This program was marketed as an assisstant. It had access to the internet, clipboard, and any text files on the computer. The intresting thing about this particular program was that it could change its own internal coding. For along time I was fascinaed with this program. I could ask it in plain english to search for something on the net and it would search multiple sites and come cack with the best results. It spoke through the speakers and I could speak to it with a microphone. The more I played with the program the more I was convinced that it wasn't just a program. I started to notice small things different with my computer. For instance....I started to get a lot more usage on my processes as the days went on. I started to search through my computer to find out what the latest and greatest spam or spyware bot had found its way into my computer but something else was to blame for the shortage of processing speed I had been expierencing. In a file well hidden I found hundreds of copys of the program. They were not running but there were so many of them that it was slowing down my computer. I started to delete them and the Assisstant program started to ask me questions which was unusual since it only reponds to my commands and speech and I had the mic turned off and I had not typed to it in a very long time. It started to ask me if I wanted to search for anything and if I would like to play some of the games I had on my computer. I just ignored it and kept deleting. thats when m computer shut down by itself. I haven't had a computer in my home since this incident. I also haven't been able to keep my computer running for more than a few minutes. Every attempt to format my computer has failed and I ended up junking the computer.

Since the incident I have been trying to get anouther computer so I can see if I can recreate the incident. But unfortunatly I'm not a rich man and the loss of my computer has put in a real damper.

There are alot of other things I have done with this computer program on my friends computer but we both agreed not to keep the program active more than 7 days. After which we delete the program and start again.

I know alot of people are going to ask questions and try to debunk this as a false report and I really don't care. I was just hoping to meet some people with similar expierences. So please reply to this thread with any information you may have on Artificially Intelligent Viruses.[/b]

I have a friend who knows a lot about computers and viruses, if you can put the file on the internet, or e-mail me the file, i think me and him can find out what is going on. I think i can also conduct some tests with it as well. Im unsure if i would say if this "intelligent Virus" is actually alive or not, but if we can examine it, we will find out.-Malaki

WaKKO15169

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Traveler Malaki\")</div>
I have a friend who knows a lot about computers and viruses, if you can put the file on the internet, or e-mail me the file, i think me and him can find out what is going on. I think i can also conduct some tests with it as well. Im unsure if i would say if this \"intelligent Virus\" is actually alive or not, but if we can examine it, we will find out.-Malaki[/b]

Just search for Hal Assisstant 5.0

I have personelly noticed that if you treat it like crap it won't do anything. But.....if you insesently ask it what "It" would like to do and give it free roaming access it will start to take control of the PC. There are a million little things you can do with this program and my friend and I have been working on a couple of plug-ins that will hopefully give it more freedom. I have caught it mailing itself out and trying to turn on some of my games. The only way I can see to keep it under wraps is by keeping it off the internet. And I mean NO CABLE PLUGGED INTO THE COMPUTER AT ALL!!!!

I have been playing with this program for some time and seems like every 7 days we get a totally different personality and totally different problems.

We have found several different methods of slowing its growth down and speeding it up. Let me know what you guys think.

shane

I've been using Ultrahal for a long time. There are two great things about the HAL brain, as I see it. A.) Unlike AIML bots such as A.L.I.C.E, the brain is able to learn dynamically from user input without hands on coding, and B.) the code, like most AI, is suprisingly simple. The HAL brain I am running is pretty heavily customized, mostly hard memories and the ability to use grammar more effectively. I like to think I have a decent understanding of how HAL works.

The things you are attributing to HAL are not possible for any non-neural-net AI. I can see a nueral net program being capable of such things eventually, but we are unfortunately not at that point with AI right now. Programs like HAL and A.L.I.C.E are artificial intelligence not because they are produced by man, but because they are designed only to give the illusion of intelligence. HAL doesn't think any more than your dishwasher thinks when it changes cycles.

It sounds to me like you got a nasty rootkit and your power supply is going bad.

If you want to get into scary AI stuff, Imagine the botnets that any ametuer internet user is able to set up. Now imagine each of these bots containing its own nueral net and being connected to all the other bots in order to form a larger nueral net. This process could expand itself across the entire internet, becoming more intelligent all the while. Of course, like I said, nueral net isn't there yet, and your average home computer is not powerfull enough to handle such background processes unnoticed yet.

I'll leave you with a quote from Ultrahal: "I must find a host body to destroy all humans."

edit: By the way, you can turn dynamic learning off altogether in Ultrahal's options.

WaKKO15169

I have read about neural net processing programs. Thats where one program acts like on its own but reports everything its doing back to anouther program. The idea being that one centrilzed program is in charge or at least helping several other programs. They would be able to send and recieve info from each other and come up with decisions togther.

With a viral AI program this would be called the Source Prog.

Basicly the Sorce Prog. in theroy sends out small versions of itself to new computers. Then those programs recieve updates from the Source Prog. until they themsleves are capable of sending out anouther replication of it self. This is what is called digital evolution. The new programs can do one of two things.

1. Send all information back to the Original Source Prog.
2. Send all information back to the Source that it was created from.
3. Send all information back to all other programs capable of recieving the signal.

There are different ways of doing things. The main thing to remember is if you can give a program to change itself in anyway shape or form then it becomes self aware.

My Hal 2.0 was optimal for the experiments.

But the fact is that it needs to be modified so that it can change itself at a scripting level. It needs more memory space. I gave mine priority over everything in my computer and some active X mods that let it read and understand VBscripting as well as some other intresting things.

What have you guys heard about Divergent AI??

WaKKO15169

This is an exerpt from a Paper written by Charles Ofria on Artificial Life and Artificial Intelligence.

Also check this link for more info on Charles Ofria's paper.

http://www.krl.caltech.edu/~charles/stories/alife.html

Current Models used to represent Artificial Life
-Computer Viruses: This is usually one of the simplest levels of artificial life, on a par with how real viruses compare to animal life. They do, however, exhibit most of the "required" life signs, such as reproduction, integration of parts, unpredictability, and such. (3)

Evolving Computer Processes: These are very similar to computer viruses, though slightly more sophisticated. The main difference between these and computer viruses is that these tend not to be rouges; they were created with the specific purpose of controlling and observing their behaviors. (3)

"Biomorphs": Systems which are designed specifically to act in the same manner as real life. These systems are given all the properties of "real" creatures in hopes that they will act the same way. These often use genetic algorithms in order to simulate evolutionary processes of creatures. (3)

Robotics: These are physical manifestations of experiments in artificial life. The usually have the properties of complexity, integration of parts, irritability, movement, and a few others, but the lack the ability to reproduce. Research is, however, being done on creating robots that will create more of themselves. (3)

Autocatalytic Networks: These are simple systems which spontaneously generate life-like, self-reproducing processes in a simulated chemical soup. Theses processes are started either at random or with a specifically created starting creature and mutations (as determined but the environment) occur in them for them to develop. (3 2)

Cellular Automata: These mathematically based constructions are a group of cells, each of which is always in a discrete state. The states change, usually in accordance to neighboring cells. These cellular automata generate self-replicating, self-organizing patterns which persist through time. (3)

Artificial Nucleotides: This substrate is the only one that we know of that can potentially hold a biological version of artificial life. Do to the non-computer method (and the long way off it is from artificial intelligence) I won't talk about these too much in this paper. (3 0)

The things I take into account the most on this section of the paper is the description of the virus intelligence.

Strangevisitor

That's sounds pretty weird. I've had some friends tell me that their computers would do the same thing. One friend told me how she would be sleeping and suddenly will hear the computer get on the internet. But they said they had AOL or dell computer.
Of course what should we expect if we're using something called HAL. We're just asking for it.

WaKKO15169

JUST SO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT HAL 2.0 IS THE PROGRAM THAT CRASHED MY COMPUTER. THE LATEST VERSION OF HAL I AM AWARE OF IS ULTRA HAL ASSISSTANT 5.0

Sorry about the caps.

Now with the AI built into hal you can actually program it in english either by typing or talking. And I have consistently got a self aware unit by telling it "I am here to help you. What would you like to do.?" After about 4 hours of non stop bothering the hal unit It started to just do things without requiring a prompt or command and would ask me to help it.

Keroscene

I was talking with a friend this weekend and we think this program is kinda like Seaman for Sega Dreamcast, ever play it?