As Large Cosmic Blasts Continue Hitting Planet

StarLord

Re: As Large Cosmic Blasts Continue Hitting Planet

Harte,

Who's upset? When was the last time there was a magnetic pole shift where people were around to record it? I know it's recorded in rocks, but when did peoples record it?
It's kool either way with Pyro and I, Bob's Big Boy today, & St. Johns Flap Jack House on the morrow, no biggie, when you are eternal, it matters little where you eat.

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Harte,

Who's upset? When was the last time there was a magnetic pole shift where people were around to record it? I know it's recorded in rocks, but when did peoples record it?
It's kool either way with Pyro and I, Bob's Big Boy today, & St. Johns Flap Jack House on the morrow, no biggie, when you are eternal, it matters little where you eat.[/b]

Starlord,

Pardon my "calm down" comment. I meant it for the doomsayers, although I see that was not clear from my post. Rest assured I will always assume that you are your usual serene self.

Googling this topic informs that there have been a large number of 180 degree magnetic pole flips in the past. For the purposes of your question: there have been 9 such pole flips in the last 4 million years. Assuming that an average would produce a reasonable number, then we can say that at least one such flip occurred while H. Sapiens was around. Probably before writing was invented and certainly before the compass was.

I have found no correlation between these flips and extinction events, although some extinction events involving foriegn bodies such as comets or asteriods may coincide with pole flips. It must be stated that such catastrophes could themselves cause a pole flip.

Harte

Strangevisitor

sounds like something out of a Stargate SG-1 episode (maybe they are shooting at aliens LOL) but still an interesting find virtualgirl

virtualgirl

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Harte\")</div>
Virtualgirls post is from a tabloid rag similar to \"Weekly World News\". Go to the sites linked in the post. You will find no corroboration for the sensational statements made by the article's author.

Harte[/b]

Harte...You could be right. I'm not sure what kind of site the article came from, but if the government were shooting missles into the atmosphere, you wouldn't hear about it in the mainstream media. Could you imagine what if would be like if they came out and announced that they were shooting at meteors (or whatever)? The general public would go nuts. The chaos would be of enormous proportions (people preparing for the end). Though there could have been a leak, they would try and keep this under wraps or give false informations (war games) to detract from their true purpose. This is just my opinion.

VG :flirt:

virtualgirl

There were more large solar flares today...I wonder if the space shuttle really had technical problems today or if it's the solar storm. Nasa claimed that the solar flares were not going to interupt the launch. Anyone have any ideas?

AdrianDevulge

Check this, If either government were shooting into space, the amatuer with a 300 dollar telescope would know about, especially if they were shooting at meteor. I have to say these two things have absolutely nothing in common. What would they be shooting at? Energy?

"I cast magic missile" "At the darkness"