Ask away...

jbunton

Re: Ask away...

I'm new to this forum, as you can see I registered today. I've been reading for about two months and love the discussions.

I decided to join the conversation when this "God is Real" character started his thread.

The only comment I have is he is claiming to be god. You would think... God would have better grammar skills.

JB
varietychat.com

JasperMoon

This is SO cool. So many skeptics!. So little time!!! Hey Birdman of Alcatraz, I quit going to church a long time ago, too. Never been to jail, but been close once upon a time. You didn't get an answer because you didn't ask the right question. Okay then, setting Jesus totally aside--for the one who is vehemently dead set against my even thinking his name--just say this. God, if you are real, please help me. I need your help--if you're in need of help. Or--God, if you are real, please just let me know some way, some how so I will know it without a single doubt in my mind or heart any longer--if you just need some assurance about it. We all need assurance some time in our lives. Just start being kind to someone, help them without thinking "what's in it for me." Then let's see what you guys come up with. It may take some time, so, don't expect it yesterday. Okay? Is that better? You'll get your answer when you least expect it. Even if it's God doesn't exist. End of pulpit beating.

Swedish Sourcerer

I believe everyone is jesus, Jesus is no more god than any of us infact wasnt

jesus birthname Emu Esmael or very similar, and he was titled Jesus/christ based on the fact of his christ conscious a state of mind wich buddah, muhammed and many more have had, Im a strong beliver but not in any of the conventiol beliefs
because they have been rewritten a bunch of time not to say been oral tales for several hundred maybe thousands of years before any one put them to print and we all know what happens to roumors in just a few weeks.

So god do you rely on the bible for answers or do you listen within yourself?

http://www.som.org/8interfaith/consciousego.htm

Observer

Hmmm.

And where is there any proof that a person named Jesus (or Jeshua Ben Joseph) etc...ever really existed?

Any Roman arrest records? Anything at all aside from some fables written in a religious book (Which are all well known sources of FACTUAL information) by people hundreds of years after he was crucified? In fact, If I remember my religious education correctly, were the gospels in fact NOT written by the men whos name they bear? (MAthew, Mark, Luke, John, Etc..?) but were instead written 100 to 300 years after they supposedly lived?

Was not Noah (Old Testament) actually based on an earlier Sumerian legend? (Ziusudra ) http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/flood-myth...s.html#Sumerian.

And I could go on. Read up on the "God" center of the brain. Then join the rest of us in the 21st century when you put your cult beliefs to bed. (Look up definition of Cult...then apply it to any major world religion)

WTF

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Tell me, how do you explain Buddah, Mohammad and Quetzalquatl? Were they merely party crashers???[/b]

Buddah and Mohammad I understand, but Quetzalquatl? Interesting. The feathered serpent was an Aztec god was he not?

Incidently Starlord, my thoughts do mirror yours on this subject.

Observer

I can see why you lumped him in with Buddha and Mohammed. Good One, most would pass on the Meso-American Myths. (Through ignorance of the subject, not spite)

While being described as a feathered serpent, Quetzalcoatl is also described as a pale (to Totlesc,Mayans, Aztecs) older man with a beard. He is also known as their creator God, God of the Winds,etc. He also was said to be unhappy with human sacrifice. Cortez lucked out by being mistaken for this deity when he ran amock in Central and South America.

http://pages.pomona.edu/~tlm02000/www/azte...c_religion.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetzalcoatl

Regards...