Astral Projection???

QuantumLeap

Astral Projection???

I recently bought a book called "Adventures Outside The Body." The author tells of his expiriments and also says how to Astral Project from different excercises. Anyway I woke up somewhere close to 2:30 a.m. and thought I'm gonna give this a try. I kept telling myself "go to dads house" over and over. I think a few minutes past and I started to feel a little strange. My only conclusion was maybe my soul was trying to detach? I don't know but the best way I can describe the feeling was a sensation of falling. I kicked real hard to snap myself out of it which I did. I kept asking myself "was I starting to detach and thats what I was feeling?" I felt kinda weird as I layed in bed. It was a feeling of hypersensativity. So an hour past and I was getting to that sleepy kinda feeling. I wanted to try it agan so I started saying "go to Gabriels Room" (my son) over and over and that feeling of falling happend again! And again I kicked to snap out of it. Can somebody who's done this tell me was I on the verge of Astral Travel/Projection??? By the way this was just last night.

darkbreed

Re: Astral Projection???

Yup sounds like you are on the right track. Its usual to feel such feelings, and its also common to feel a "numbness" throught the body, or a tingling sensation, sometimes a buzzing energy kind of feeling. When you have any such sensations, try to make them grow stronger, and imagine you are getting loose floating up in the air. I like to try induce the feeling of floating in water, gently swinging up and down like on waves, it usually makes me get out more easier.

StarLord

Darkbreed, have you ever experienced a very loud 'explosion' or noise when you were forced to come back to the body in a hurry?

QuantumLeap

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"darkbreed\")</div>
Yup sounds like you are on the right track. Its usual to feel such feelings, and its also common to feel a \"numbness\" throught the body, or a tingling sensation, sometimes a buzzing energy kind of feeling. When you have any such sensations, try to make them grow stronger, and imagine you are getting loose floating up in the air. I like to try induce the feeling of floating in water, gently swinging up and down like on waves, it usually makes me get out more easier.[/b]
Make those feelings stronger? I will definately try but they were such weird sensations to say the least! You mentioned a buzzing feeling. I was able to hear something like that. It was like a low tone buzz. This is the weirdest thing I have ever expirienced. I will keep going (so to speak). I want to actually try and and get out of my body and really expirience what some have mentioned. StarLord you mentioned a "Bang?" In that book I'm reading about Astral Travel it gives a theory what causes that. I will look it up and post back what the Author mentioned. I'm gonna give it another go tonight and hopefully my results will move forward. I'll post back and let you all know what happens.

StarLord

Good for you, take your time. Don't 'push' at this. Just let it be, stay relaxed and try to keep your emotions in check. The moment your emotions kick in, you might find that you'll zoom right back to the body.

Remember, this is a birth right, it's NATURAL to do this, all of us were born with the latent ability. It's the same as excerizing a muscle group, the more you exercize, the easier it gets.

HereAndNow

I've tried this in the past myself. The method I was suggested to try was to get comfortable, clear my thoughts, and picture a ball of white light in my head (or focus on something like a candle flame, night light, etc). I experianced the tingly feeling and felt as tho i was sinking down. I got in a hot bath and focused on the light above the tub when I did this. The only problem that I had was the feeling i was going cross-eyed hehe. Never did experiance any traveling tho. Any thoughts/suggestions? I would like to try again.

QuantumLeap

I'm new at this so I won't say to much but I would suggest practice and focus. The last couple of nights for me have been poor. I'm just to tired when I get out of work and I fall asleep to quikly. I'll keep trying though. I want to do this.

StarLord

Only if you ticked off the Astral Police and are being punished, then you don't get to go anywhere for a while. Just kidding. what is your definition of 'sleep paralysis' and what causes it?

Crosstika

haha

Sometimes, I wake up and my bodies still asleep, can't move, can't open my eyes or anything. I feel like I'm in some kind of weird coma, my body feels like it's floating and I'm wide awake on the inside, just can't move. Then when I concentrate really hard I finally wake up. It used to scare the bejesus out of me when I was a younger, I thought I was dying. :( I have no clue what causes it.