Audio

John

Audio

As many of you have noted you now have the option of adding audio to you posts. We have had a few complaints about this feature. If you would like for us to leave this enabled we will however if you want it disabled then we will disable this feature.

Cornelia

Audio

Sorry, I can't vote because I can't hear any audio (but a strange bird voice sometimes with no reason :blink: ). Neither I find the option to add audio on the posts.

PS Where are all the old smilies? The Rose? And the crying face? Loved'em!!! :(

Snow

Audio

Voting to turn it off for now, but with this explanation:

I stumbled around in my control panel looking for a way to turn the post audio off. I didn't find it. It really should be there in the same way that an individual can decide not to see member avatars. As long as an individual can decide to treat us all to a noise, each member should individually have the option of declining. Maybe the choice is somewhere and I missed it. As long as I don't have a choice I vote to disable it, and suggest to invision free that a choice to hear or not hear be made available in the member control panel.

SFW

Phoenix

Audio

I got the smilies back in Cornelia.

I think is there are ANY complaints about the sound that it is probably a good idea to do away with it, especially if we can not find a way, as Snow points out. Of turning it off if a member wishes too.

HackimerRob

Audio

I vote to disable it, unless there can be a "turn it off" or "Ignore post audio" option.
In the case on Unintentional, he had it in his .sig, so it would play a number of times if Uni had posted more than once on a page.
I agree with telling invisionfree to add a "turn it off" option.
Thanks

Unintentional

Audio

THe only way I have been able to add audio is by putting it in your signature. Unfortunately that means everysingle one of yours posts with your signature will play the audio.

It also means that if everyone has a sound in there signature, I think they will all play at once. :(

For the next day I will play the Star Trek Communicator beep.

If you want to add sound, just put this into your signature:

Code:
<bgsound src="http://home.comcast.net/~john_smuda/yoursound.wav" loop="1">

YOur sound.wav can be anything internet explorer can play, be it mp3, wma, wav, whatever.

There must be someway to put it in your post, but I am not that smart. If I figure it out, I will let you know.

John

Audio

I will disable this poll and go with the majority vote on July 12, 2004 (One week from this post)