AVENGERS ENDGAME

JasperMoon

Hello everyone. I'm back tonight. Been out of touch for a long time. Just needed to ask, There's a lot of discussion on the time travel theory presented in Endgame by the Russo Brothers. Any thoughts out there on it? I won't say anymore in case some of you haven't seen the movie yet. Just wondering what you all think.

samzeman

It seems to be internally consistent at the very least.... Until someone finds an infinity stone IRL though, I'd say the way it works is highly contingent on it being in that universe ;) (or multiverse??)

I appreciate the way the movie set out guidelines and followed them. There were some plot holes in which the protags could've been smarter (With time travel, resources suddenly become unlimited, and they seem to not realise that) but it was a good movie :p

JasperMoon

Yeah. I saw them, too. So did my sister. And it's driving the fandom crazy discussing them. Especially the aging vs. not aging thing.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I like how they said time travel can't change the past, but nothing more. They kept it a bit mysterious on purpose IMO.

Only thing that really puzzled me at first, was Loki vanishing with the Tesseract in 2012. But then I remembered he got his hands on it anyway in Thor Ragnarok. Wouldn't he be tempted to use it in the mean time though...? What do you make of it?

JasperMoon

Absolutely. If he remained alive. Or even if the past Loki still wreaks his havoc he would use it for gain. Another Marvel movie is already in the works here at paranormalis.