Best tricks to remember your dreams better?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I had some pretty crazy dreams last night, but when I wanted to tell my GF about then later today, I found out I didn't remember them at all.

I know that writing your dreams down is a good way to remember them better, but sometimes it's just not possible to do that when you wake up for various reasons.

What works for you?

SarahAlways

When I think of it, I take a B vitamin before bed. I think there have been studies to disprove that there is any correlation between B vitamins and vivid dreams, but it's good for you even if it doesn't affect your dreams. : )

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I've never had any luck trying to find a consistant food substance that would enhance my remembrance of dreams. Writing them down upon wakening does work. But doing that all night usually makes me feel tired for the entire day afterwards. But my memory seems to improve when using the write down method. I noticed I would remember more dreams with the method. I did this for a whole month one time. At the cost of feeling tired all the time.

Aryeandris

What I have found the helps most is to, yes...write them down as soon as possible. When you write them, write it in as much possible detail as you can. Cover the 5 senses & more if you can.
It will take a lot of dedication, but like you guys have noticed, it works & the more you do it, the better it works.
I have a dream journal still from when I was a teenager & did this. I have always had very vivid dreams. I've flown since I was 3-4, and have traveled to many many different worlds. In many different dimensions.
I would lucid dream, bc of my "stalker " to get away from him. He terrified me lol. I was just become lucid & fly away..later/sometimes, teleporting instead bc it's easier (same concept as flying kiiiiinda) well. I can either take my time getting above the tree line & sky line..or I can just put myself there.
So, as I got older (teen years) 15-16.. I wanted to lucid dream more & better to explore more places. I cannot remember how I learned to writeit all out like I did.. I'd even draw pictures lol. I still remember very clearly many of those dreams as well.

Aryeandris

It's training. That's all, in my opinion.
You train yourself to remember by writing. The act of it along with your mind remembering in some way like, ties it together.
You'll start remembering more & more in greater detail. You'll also start lucid dreaming bc your mind will recognize the dream. Then take advantage.
Be safe but have fun.
Just remember no entity can get to you if you don't let them. Don't give them power.
There's so much weird stuff in the astral universe alone omg lol aggggh
I'll stop there though bc different subject
Sorry

gizi agresta

when writing down dreams or recording your dreams, NOT trying to write them out linearly is helpful. instead focus on specific places, colors, people, emotions, etc and what events occurred then put all the pieces together. generally avoid trying to reason out your dreams or efforts to fill in the gaps which is a pretty natural and understandable tendency of our waking minds.
this has also helped me identity patterns across dreams that might have otherwise seemed out of place.
:sleep:

Hutt1991

Use an alarm clock. If you wake up naturally you may not remember as well. Also, be sure to write your dreams down IMMEADIATELY after arising. You may go back to sleep and tell yourself "I'll write it down later and go back to sleep now". This almost never works, and the dream will be lost.