Media Building wood survival shelter in wildlands | Bushcraft & Campfire grilled meat

Bones McCoy

:unsure:

Apparently there seems to be a strange sub-genre of videos which one might call "Women Alone In The Snow".

It features solitary women who tend to be bleak and bleary-eyed, and perhaps just a bit unhinged. Sometimes they putter around doing things, and other times they just sit and sigh and mope a bit. For they are... alone in the snow!

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Apparently there seems to be a strange sub-genre of videos which one might call "Women Alone In The Snow".
I think more and more people want to get away from the crazy modern lifestyles we force ourselves into.

Videos like this are relaxing. Building a shelter, living without power, boiling water, or cooking dinner on a fire... That kind of stuff is completely different from our INSTANT-EVERYTHING day-to-day lifestyle. It's refreshing.

8thsinner

I think more and more people want to get away from the crazy modern lifestyles we force ourselves into.

Videos like this are relaxing. Building a shelter, living without power, boiling water, or cooking dinner on a fire... That kind of stuff is completely different from our INSTANT-EVERYTHING day-to-day lifestyle. It's refreshing.
Yes indeed, it's a better way to live.
Some of these phases though like bones mentions, theres women out there trying to sell bushcraft videos by getting half naked, that makes me sad, I think more than a few of them are npcs but even still. It bothers me.

Bones McCoy

Yes indeed, it's a better way to live.
Some of these phases though like bones mentions, theres women out there trying to sell bushcraft videos by getting half naked, that makes me sad, I think more than a few of them are npcs but even still. It bothers me.

When guys go out alone it's generally to do something, catch fish or pan for gold or whatever.

The "girls alone" videos tend to have a more psychological, slightly darker theme; almost gothic at times.

Wind7

Staff

Oh Yeah!