Bush visits Canada

Snakey

Bush visits Canada

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/WarOnTer.../752499-cp.html

Bush visited Canada and left a political missle in the Prime Ministers lap. It says in the article that he is trying to enforce a missle defense shield in Canada. Since I am Canadian I resent Bush even coming to our country now he is trying to protect our borders from terrorism or whatever he is talking about I think this guy has lost his mind and is a ticking time bomb.

\"I hope we'll also move forward on ballistic missile defence co-operation to protect the next generation of Canadians and Americans from the threats we know will arise,\" Bush said during a speech that delivered a blueprint for American foreign policy over the president's second term.

\"'We cannot defend our country and save our homes and families by waiting for the enemy to attack us,\"' Bush said

\"We are a sovereign nation and we will make the decisions about our airspace,\" Martin told a news conference after Bush's speech.

here is another good article on this stuff.thanks
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Columnists/E.../02/755153.html

bye,
Snakey

CaryP

Bush visits Canada

Thanks for the links Snakey. What a doofus we have in the White House. Just can't keep his mouth shut. I wonder if he'd understand what STFU means.

Cary

Unintentional

Bush visits Canada

PM Martin has been pursuing getting in SDI since June, but his POLITICAL opponents are against apparently... because... they are his political opponents. (sound familiar to those in the US?)

I personally don't see what's wrong with a system to stop missiles from hitting North America? It may not promote peace, but IMO it sure doesn't promote nuclear war. It does promote us not getting our asses blown up. To those against SDI are you against locking your door to your house, because it promotes burglary?

Is there really a valid reason against SDI or is this just another case of people putting politics against national security?

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Bush visits Canada

I ain't against his little missile plan, but I'm sure there's other places they can put it than Canada. Come on, it's a MISSILE, it can fly to anywhere in the world.

I honestly think this is just a means to get in Canada's back door to cause some other mischief.

JediStryker

Bush visits Canada

Originally posted by Unintentional@Dec 2 2004, 08:55 AM
PM Martin has been pursuing getting in SDI since June, but his POLITICAL opponents are against apparently... because... they are his political opponents. (sound familiar to those in the US?)

I personally don't see what's wrong with a system to stop missiles from hitting North America? It may not promote peace, but IMO it sure doesn't promote nuclear war. It does promote us not getting our asses blown up. To those against SDI are you against locking your door to your house, because it promotes burglary?

Is there really a valid reason against SDI or is this just another case of people putting politics against national security?

Well, actually, I can see why other nations would be opposed to a missile shield. The only thing that kept us and Russia from attacking eachother with nukes was the fact that if one fired at the other, the other would fire back. Mutually Assured Destruction, or I'm sure you've heard of it as MAD.

Now, if one of these countries had developed a Missile Defense Shield during the cold war, imagine the possibilities. If it was Russia, they could've turned the US into a big sheet of glass and become the ultimate power in the world. No consequences.

That's the fear of the world; that once we can't be nuked, that there will nothing to stop us from nuking.

I don't think that's necessarily true, and actually think that a missile defense shield is not the greatest idea in the world, but that's what the rest of the world doesn't like about it. Aside from the fact that they just don't like Bush or anything he says or does.

StarLord

Bush visits Canada

Or perhaps they them selves can not afford to put one up?

Loudest noises seem to come from those that cant afford to go.

Unintentional

Bush visits Canada

I think Bush wants Canada in to help pay for some of it. If Canada shields their borders that does touch us, then that is ONE big border we don't have to worry about because Canada will have our back.

I don't understand making the completion of SDI public. It seems to make most sense to go ahead an build it and then announce it. If we announce we are building one, some country may launch an attack before it is too late.

I do think we need an SDI. Don't forget about China, they have almost as many nukes as we have. They do see themselves as the natural rulers of the world. Plus don't forget Iran and North Korea would LOVE to lob a nuclear missle our way, not to mention any whacko islamic fundamentalist group that gets a hold of one.

Tick, tick, tick, BOOM!!!! I agree.

Snakey

Bush visits Canada

Hello,

Well, Canada is a free country we allow everyone to come into our country and settle with us so why would anyone want to hurt us we are a multi cultural nation. Now I don't think we have a military because we feel their is no need for one. If we put up this shield that will be the beggining of Canada being a military nation. Now if we stay as we are and remain peaceful to all people then their is no need for war in our country.

But if we did get a national shield up or whatever or however these war weapons work the Canadian shield part of Canada would be the first place they put it up anyways just to protect those French Canadians and the Prime Minister.

Bye,
Snakey

Darkwolf

Bush visits Canada

why would anyone want to hurt us we are a multi cultural nation. Now I don't think we have a military because we feel their is no need for one.

Well, countrys that have felt that way have this annoying tendency of no longer existing. Its not a good idea to appear weak and rely on the goodwill of others. All too often they don't have any. Canada has had little to worry about militarially simply beacause they have been able to rely on the US to protect them if they needed it. However the pervasive "multiculturalism" up there is going to be their downfall. They are allowing groups to move in and settle who have no intention of blending with the greater socioty, and see their primary group as their ethnicity rather than their country. This is a recipe for desintigration of the socioty. Specifically, I'd be really concerned if there were that many pakistanis coming into my neighborhood each year.

As to the missile sheild, face it, if sombody shoots nukes at the US, Canada is going to get some too. I think it would be best if you protected yourselves.