Debate Can billionaires survive an apocalypse by hiring security guards?

MODAT7

I'm kinda thinking "Mad Max". The biggest guy with the biggest guns tends to beat everyone else into submission and becomes leader. Then they all go out and take over smaller groups.

Mr_Zero

if the apocalypse ever happens money or wealth will only matter in the early stages, but as it goes on people will soon realise that power no longer belongs to those with wealth. The power will fall to the wolfs and the sheep will just follow.

Beholder

if the apocalypse ever happens money or wealth will only matter in the early stages, but as it goes on people will soon realise that power no longer belongs to those with wealth. The power will fall to the wolfs and the sheep will just follow.
- I'm a powerful man with lots of money.
- Give me your shoes!
- Hey, I'm calling the police.
- Used to be the police, so go ahead and call my name.
:cool:

steven chiverton

apocalypse of what swinging fists . the rich could allways throw there money at the bad guys so they be to busy chasing the money blowing in the wind while they make a Hastie getaway

BlastTyrant

Maybe for awhilem but money is no good in the apocalypse, the bunker will eventually run out of supplies or be raided, maybe the guards get sick of the guy and turn on him, it is literally survival of the fittest in every sense.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
As the standards of living go down, it won't matter how rich you are if you're sick or starving. Like others have said, it's gonna be survival of the fittest. You can't eat money. And you can't buy food or goods if there are none left. Or if there's no one willing to sell their own.