Can Parallel Universes Explain The Déjà Vu Phenomenon?

Himalayan Hermit

Have you ever had a déjà vu experience? It's the feeling, or impression that you have already witnessed or experienced a current situation.

The term déjà vu is French and means, literally, "already seen."

It is a rather common, yet little understood phenomenon. Most of us have experienced being in a new place and feeling certain that we have been there before, but we have difficulties understanding how it is possible.

For a long time, this eerie sensation has been attributed to everything from paranormal disturbances to neurological disorders.

In recent years, as more scientists began studying this phenomenon, a number of theories about déjà vu have emerged, suggesting that it is not merely a glitch in our brain's memory system.

Psychologists have suggested that déjà vu may occur when specific aspects of a current situation resemble certain aspects of previously occurring situations.

If there is a lot of overlap between the elements of the new and old situations, we get a strong feeling of familiarity.

Alternative explanations associate déjà vu with prophecy, past life memories, clairvoyance, or a mystic signpost indicating fulfillment of a predetermined condition on the journey of life.

Whatever the explanation, déjà vu is certainly a phenomenon that is universal to the human condition, and its fundamental cause is still a mystery.

dejavuparauni.jpg

Is a copy of yourself living in a parallel universe the reason why you experience déjà vu?

Another intriguing possibility is that there is a hidden connection between déjà vu and the existence of parallel universes.

As some already know, the multiverse is a theory in which our universe is not the only one, but states that many universes exist parallel to each other. These distinct universes within the multiverse theory are called parallel universes.

According to Dr. Kaku, quantum physics states that there is the possibility that déjà vu might be caused by your ability to "flip between different universes".

Dr. Michio Kaku explains one theory behind déjà vu and asks, "Is it ever possible on any scale to perhaps flip between different universes?"

Parallel Worlds: A Journey
Through Creation, Higher
Dimensions, and the Future
of the Cosmos by Michio Kaku

Dr. Kaku mentions, Professor Steve Weinberg, the famous theoretical physicist and Nobel Prize winner, supports the idea of a multiverse. Weinberg says that there are an infinite number of parallel realities coexisting with us in the same room.

"There are hundreds of different radio waves being broadcast all around you from distant stations. At any given instant, your office or car or living room is full of these radio waves. However if you turn on a radio, you can listen to only one frequency at a time; these other frequencies are not in phase with each other.

Each station has a different frequency, a different energy. As a result, your radio can only be turned to one broadcast at a time.
Likewise, in our universe we are tuned into the frequency that corresponds to physical reality.

But there are an infinite number of parallel realities coexisting with us in the same room, although we cannot tune into them."

While your radio is tuned to pick up a certain frequency and thus a single radio station, our universe consists of atoms that are oscillating at a unique frequency that other universes are not vibrating at.

Universes are usually not "in phase", that is vibrating at the same frequency, with each other due to the divisions caused by time, but when they are "in phase" it is theoretically possible to "move back and forth" between universes.

So although it is "uncertain", it could be possible that when you are experiencing déjà vu, you are "vibrating in unison" with a parallel universe, explains Dr. Kaku

Perhaps our déjà vu experiences are a window into a parallel universe.

This is a great thread, Professor. I can't even begin to count the number of times I have had these experiences right from my childhood. Sadly, I have never bothered to keep track of him. It could be talking to someone about something, passing/driving through a new place, recognizing a setting (3-4 people somewhere discussing something) to its fine detail, and many more. The latest incident was when I was at the Indian office of a Web Search Giant and was walking the premises with a co-worker, I right then and there thought to myself I've done this walk and walked this office before. But how, when I had never even visited that city before.
Such small experiences give us all goosebumps and we can all but wonder at them and the mysteries that mother nature hides in its lap :)

Himalayan Hermit

Parallel Worlds: A Journey
Through Creation, Higher
Dimensions, and the Future
of the Cosmos by Michio Kaku

Hi Professor,

Have you read this book? In any case, do you think that the following 2 books are related or one is simply a revised version of the other? The titles are almost same. See the books below.

First one is the one you linked and the other one is its almost name-sake.

Parallel Worlds: A Journey Through Creation, Higher Dimensions, and the Future of the Cosmos

Parallel Worlds: The Science of Alternative Universes and Our Future in the Cosmos

Thanks!

JMS_Legacy

Generally it is said that the memory lobe of the brain and the lobe that controls your senses are next to each other and sometimes cross giving you the experience of deja vu. You smell, touch, see, hear, or taste something and it triggers a feeling of familiarity. That is what I learned in Psychology class anyways. However, I always had the same theory in the back of my mind considering parallel universes. Glad there is someone like-minded out there.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
well I don't know if this is a deja vu thing but it could be a multi-vers thing for sure. I was looking at a page posted here and thought it was odd that the whole page and topic title were in french. but no biggy I dialed up the translater and went about reading the post. then deciding to respond to it I signed into the site and the topic and post were gone. did I switch back to my base line verse or what?? anyway here is the translated page of text as I still have it on my browser. this is so wierd

Cardinal Stanisław Dziwisz demands that statutory law by the Sejm was in accordance with natural laws. Pope Benedict XVI proposes that it was a plane.
It involves not conscience, but must be followed as long as it is not in conflict with the law of God. Right divine received the man in revelation. driving without a licence, when it is issued. -Legal it Forum says that for any sentence in the sense of the logic p or it is real, or true is its negation. Symbolically On administrative law. Administrative law-is it a branch of the law covering the standards governing the relations arising in the course of implementing and.
See 3 answer the question I am 17 years old, I made driving the car in England. Is it important in Poland? European law refers to the widest possible range that spans not only to EU law,.
because it includes the law applied by the Council of Europe.
in the course of the leave is paid and whether it causes shift leave for a further term?.
as it retains the right to pay during this period. Apostille – is it something will change? Or if the Member State of the EU does not accept the judgment of the Court in Poland final on the adoption of the child her husband is.

( I don't know why this part turned blue but it did)

Administrative law is the branch of law covering the standards governing the relations it arising in the course of implementing and managing organizing activities. If you are a driver and you have poor eyesight, check your driving license, because you may find that it is void. The reason for this are the provisions to which the.
It is recognized by the natural light of reason the human race with the free will of man,.
Natural law is the original sense of a moral.
A right in rem is absolute to the specified things. law The ruthlessness of the right in rem means that it is effective against any person. The Person.
Pascal's Law. If the surface of the liquid working pressure p is external, it propagates in all directions equally and pressure.
My grandmother has a cooperative-apartment condominiums (it is not proprietary). What do to after the death of his grandmother to become a tenant? Division of property and the right to an oral apartment, which belonged to the personal property.
therefore be it will be his personal assets.

MissylSilo

Think of people in a fractal wave of choices made of light from birth to death, looking at life in profile, and not face forward. So there will be branches that go outward, where we could have grown but somehow the energy didn't pour that way, or was cut. Sometimes there might be an inner tube of perception that goes faster to the future than the rest of the perception, and it manifests in deja vu. It looks like we have seen it before because two fractal parts of our consciousness match. Maybe in our brain we have a neuron that folds in on itself and creates a time mirror.

The idea of being part of an infinite consciousness, and we are born and die in universes for infinity, where right now I'm in Missy's body but in another universe you might be in my body experiencing my life, and I might be living someone else's life, but this could be a billion universes separate from this one. And we have the deja vu because we have encountered someone in life who has already experienced what it's like to be in our life. It's an echo of something that has already happened.

How time travelers talk about chronoradiation and T-mass and frequency. We tune in to another time and place. Consider the idea of remote viewing, a declassified military clairvoyant-like technique, which might be more like gnosis. We tuned into the same part of life twice.

I have deja vu on occasion. It comes on predictable frequency. 24 hours, 3 days, 2 weeks, or more commonly about 30 days between first impression and experience that makes the deja vu. But deja vu usually seems like it's out of one's control to make an event, not a premonition. So it's forgotten and then remembered at the last moment before it becomes deja vu.

My weirdest deja vu was last year, I met people I had only seen in a mental image when I was about 6 years old. I smiled at one of them, thinking "I remember you" inside. Not sure if they remembered me back, but that is what I was hoping for. Maybe that one was a premonition then.