Can religion or metaphysics help answer questions?

SergiusPaulus

Does the Bible say anything about time travel? Sort of. 2 Kings 20:11 suggests time may have gone backwards to prove how powerful God is. ““And Hezekiah answered, It is a light thing for the shadow to go down ten degrees: nay, but let the shadow return backward ten degrees. And Isaiah the prophet cried unto the LORD: and he brought the shadow ten degrees backward, by which it had gone down in the dial of Ahaz.”

‭‭2 Kings‬ ‭20:10-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Religion is not everyone’s favorite topic. But I found these verses interesting. If you spent time in church you may feel comfortable with religion. I was raised in a Christian family but my dad was an atheist. I spent years in church. And watching science programs. I was introduced to metaphysics in college.

The Vatican has a branch of scientific research in it. So I guess they want answers too.

SergiusPaulus

With God ALL things are possible. Time travel? ALL things. The Lord’s Prayer has a verse that says Forgive us our trespasses. I was thinking at one moment that it was not just trespassing against another person but perhaps trespassing into realms or dimensions that we are not naturally intended to exist in.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
The priest at my parents' church said that some good outcomes occur because you prayed today. (Meaning, you prayed AFTER the fact). I guess it's because God sees all time. I am not Catholic, but the Catholic church has always embraced science.

Last edited:

SergiusPaulus

On the topic of religion Angels are a part of it. They are sometimes called messengers. There are books about angels and communicating with them. I wonder what inspires the original authors of a scientific thought. Is all science based on past information? A scientist in one country or location may have knowledge that can trigger ideas in another scientist mind in another location. If competition and sometimes safety was not an issue maybe we would have more collaborations than secrets.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
On the topic of religion Angels are a part of it. They are sometimes called messengers. There are books about angels and communicating with them. I wonder what inspires the original authors of a scientific thought. Is all science based on past information? A scientist in one country or location may have knowledge that can trigger ideas in another scientist mind in another location. If competition and sometimes safety was not an issue maybe we would have more collaborations than secrets.

Nope. Scientists proved that the future can affect the past.

Wind7

Staff

It is in my simple belief that, that thing called the Spirit which flows through the living,
connects us all as ONE.

When you begin to grasp the Synchronicity of this,
what you are on to above^^ doesn't seem so far fetched.

:)

alpha centauri

Does the Bible say anything about time travel?
Good topic. (y)

I think time travel is one of the things nearly all religions agree upon. I want to add, that God often says if you do that, this will happen. Usually as a warning to change their ways of living. The revelation is one example of time travel but the future doesnt have to happen this way that is just a possibility.

There is also a thing called akasha chronic where you can view the past and future or the possible futures.
The book of Jonah talks about that in the bible. Jona warned a city of comming doom and they change their ways and nothing happens.

A scientist in one country or location may have knowledge that can trigger ideas in another scientist mind in another location.
There are often casse that the same things are invented in different places at the same time. I think that happened to Einstein and another guy. In my opinion that is proof that we are somehow connected through a mass consciousness.