Can You Tell By Smell?

tcoats64

Is It Possible That A Person Can Tell When An Evil Presence Is Around By Their Sence
Of Smell ? This Maybe Strange, But I Can.
Every since I was A Teen and I Contracted Hepatitis A through bad food or A Bottle Of Home Made Wine That Was left In The Celler Underneith The Stairs From Who Know from when(Past Tenats) or Longer Who Knows? anyway I was In Bed Felt Like I Couldn't
Move One Limb Of My body i Had My Eyes closed And Smelled This Horindous smell And I opened My Eyes to see where It Might Have Come From And I Saw At The End Of My bed A Murky Figure standing and Just Staring at Me, Well As You Know I Was Scared And Freaked out, now mind you When Your Sick With Hepatitis You Are Just To Weak And Draind To Even Move. So I Guess That When Your Sick like That It Was easy Just to Close My Eyes and Go Back to Sleep So I Did. But The Thing Is I Have Had That Ability Since Then . And I Don't Know If It's The Same Entity Either?

Samstwitch

Sometimes spirits make their presence known through particular smells. On episodes of Ghost Hunters, it has happened many times. I've heard a couple paranormal stories of evil spirits that smelled like Sulfur. In a Bible verse, Sulfur is related to evil spirits: Revelation 9:18 - "A third of mankind was killed by the three plagues of fire, smoke and sulfur that came out of their mouths."

tcoats64

Ok, I Have Smelled The Holy Spirit Or jesus If I May, And That was The Best Smell In The World To Me Which Was The Smell Of Roses To Me.
And I Have Smelled The Presence Of Demons, But What Is described About Ghost?

Khaos

where the wild things are
Interesting about the smell of sulfur in regards to evil spirits. Tonight at work, I was cleaning and entered a room that had a sulfur or rotten egg smell to it. It was a clean room, no food, nothing was causing the smell to my knowledge. But I remember feeling... bad. Like a bad in your gut feeling, and kept looking over my shoulders.

tcoats64

Interesting about the smell of sulfur in regards to evil spirits. Tonight at work, I was cleaning and entered a room that had a sulfur or rotten egg smell to it. It was a clean room, no food, nothing was causing the smell to my knowledge. But I remember feeling... bad. Like a bad in your gut feeling, and kept looking over my shoulders.

Something I realized about That is to before You Leave or enter a place that has that Is Protect yourself With A prayer and Keep A Positive Attitude cause Bad Entities Live Off Fear so keep a Positive Mind Set And bring A Smudging Stick and spiritually Clean The Place If You Will.

LisaTiffany

I'm no skeptic but it sounds like what you might have experienced was sleep paralysis, I haven't gotten it in a while but I use to when I first started to concentrate on deep meditation, I sometimes get it after an astral projection session. It's not always negative but the worst experience I had is almost identical to what you posted. I was in bed and couldn't move, there was a tremendous pressure on my chest like someone was standing on it. The worst part was something was inches from my face and was snarling into it, the smell was simply disgusting. It sounded like the room was full of people whispering and it really gave me a fright.

Here's the thing sleep paralysis has been studied and in a nutshell they say what happens is the mind wakes before the body, you can even slip off to sleep without noticing, the thing that is always consistent is that the person is asleep on their back. So basically the body is asleep and stiff yet the mind is awake and processing away, it addresses the situation and straight away fear floods into your senses making you think you hear and see all kinds of dark unexplained things.

The skeptic in me says that's reasonable but when I did have that one bad experience it was in a house which had a lot of bad energy, I eventually moved out but when I was living there I'd hear my name being called, the house would be ridiculously cold even in the height of summer, the lights would dim and get brighter on their own, taps would go on and off, certain door handles would move up and down on their own. The final thing to make me go was when I woke up and made tea in the kitchen, it was a lovely day and I left the room for under a minute then came back into the kitchen and found the room full of black flies, they were huge and disgusting and they were everywhere. I had someone check and they had no idea where they came from or what attracted them. I later learned the house had a very bad history and naturally because I practice clairvoyance and am very open to the spirit world it jumped at the opportunity to make itself known. I know of another girl who was renting an apartment for college and it happened to her the first night she was there, it scared her and she moved her bed into another room, the weird thing was when anyone visiting did stay in that room it would happen to them. Without fail they would have the exact same experience and most would never come back so I have to wonder if maybe there is more to it than the medical explanation.

And on the topic of smell (clairalience) a lot of people report the smell of roses filling a place after a home has gone through a very strong haunting, so if the holy spirit was to smell like anything it would most likely be roses. Of course during a haunting people report strong disgusting smells, often sulfur is mentioned. There is a type of entity known as an elemental which always makes itself known by smell first, a castle here in Ireland has one but luckily I've never run into it.

Wee

My husband lived on a naval base ( I believe based in San Diego) with his parents when he was younger. The building was historic and very old. His entire family would smell this very sweet smell coming from the top floor where a kitchen use to be...as if it were fresh baked bread or cookies. His mother had a medium come in and she said it was the spirit of an elderly lady who's husband was a sailor back from the 1940's.

I think it is possible to smell certain entities. I am told that negative entities have a harsh smell as if it were rotting eggs or sulfur. I've never experienced smells from entities...either I've physically seen or heard them.

I can remember hearing what I consider "angels singing" to me when I was younger, especially around Christmas time before going to bed. It sounded so out of this world beautiful, that I would listen intensely for as long as they would sing. I experienced this again when my son was born. I was up late one night, trying to rock him to sleep. I sat on the edge of the couch and heard the angel choir again. It brought tears to my eyes because it made me feel like my son would always be protected and watched over. I felt blessed to hear what I know he was listening to as he smiled at me in his sleep.

Belladonna

of course.
we have all heard they could smell pipe tobacco or rose water perfume.
It has little to do with good or evil...its a lingering...demons however smell like death...and angels smell like newborn babies

Martelis

Many sensations my be had in the presence of evil depending on how sensitive you are. It is my belief that malevolent entities exude far more kinetic energy then their benevolent counterparts. This can be interpreted as hairs standing up or even electrical smells. I also believe that they are able to effect your senses in a more intentional way. Literally choosing an odor that bothers you intentionally.

Orpheus Rex

I have smelled death before. I was in a chapel and there was some idiot giving a terrible sermon when I was suddenly hit with the smell of rotting flesh. Very distinct smell, you can't miss it. I have had it happen several times. I have always though that it was a case of clairalience.
What you are going through seems more like sleep paralysis.
And lol, samstwitch, don't ever trust ghost hunters:p
(its just highly dramatized and the science gets obscured a lot. The show doesn't show any of the prep research, if they do that it isn't shown. At best it discredits worthwhile investigators.)