Can you?

Loopi

The Bearded One
Theoretically, If a spirit can possess you... Why can't you Possess a spirit? So is it, possible for me to absorb the spirit?

BlastTyrant

I shall call you Loopi, The Soul Eater.

I can't being to admit i know how the spirit realm works, i know possessions are in part to the spirit wearing down the victim physically and mentally to the point where there able to take the person over with no resistance from the persons own soul.
where a spirit dosent have any of the other means to be takin.

Loopi

The Bearded One
I would think it would be like you said wearing the "victim" down, to the point of no resistance, mentally and spiritually...probably through manipulation if you could "control" what they thought they were doing. Like they believe they are escaping from prison but you could trick them into thinking they are in a prison in the first place, and the place they are actually escaping is their body/reality? From what i've researched there is nothing on anyone actually trying to absorb a spirit in this fashion.
If the will of a person can keep them on this plane (kind of..i.e ghost, through hatred or whatever the reason they don't want to leave). Why can't that same will be able to bind them to you or an object. Just an interesting thought o_0

BlastTyrant

I suppose there is to much we dont know about the After life to really say why we couldnt or why people havent, mite be something interesting to look up on google really.

spooky2

I have a spirit on video caught on my dvr ir camera at an investigation recently it's fairly transparent but there at the side of ir light. Is on you tube under HALF-PAST-DEAD Paranormal Investigations Ghost video

kurisu

possession cause 2 souls in one body which results in a conflict inside the body like 2 peoples spirit fighting for territory. I'll just say moving the body in that state isn't very likely. Now onto your question yes you could "devour" a spirit. I don't think it's a good idea but, more then, less you wouldn't have to be willing doing it. When most likely you aren't conscious of the situation then you will "reject" the body and, kick out the soul. Again possible but, not a very good idea. I can't say it would have a negative or positive effect on you but, eating a persons soul would most likely not do you any good in the long run.