Captain Leale Martelli - The Odyssey in the Realms of Time

Mjölnir

Thanks!
Looking at that sort of triangle under the hill, I thought they were representing the sea wave, and not St. Andrea, therefore the meaning could be that the ship travelled before by the sea and afterthat on a hill...

But it's a matter of point of view. It should be asked to the author of the Valle Benedetta Churc's doors.

Do someone know his name?

Last edited:

TOURIST

Hi guys, it is everytime good reading Your posts. What Vario asked is very guessed and, I tell You , it is a topic that I'd liked to post cause I've been studying and investigating about in this past period. If You pay attention looking at the big doors You can clearly see the roofs of the houses that were part of the St. Andrea Pieve (those triangles are not the representation of the sea waves, they're roofs). The Pieve had been a large housing center centuries ago. This is another proof relating to the Little Doctor's history: on the Church door is embossed a ship on a hill and below, very close to the hill slopes, there is a housing center. I tryed once again to enter and visit that place but it is completely fenced. I remind You there is the building represented in a Gozzoli's fresco in that place, but this You already know. In that area there is still present the St. Paul chapel (inside of it there is reallly a "world"). The Pieve names have been chronologically : St. Andrea Pieve, Villa Limone, Villa Demidoff.
Answering to Mjolnir, the name of the artist who sculpted the Church doors is Vincenzo Gatto who created the eight bas reliefs on the bronze doors following a design of the painter Ario Cantini . Gatto prematurely died due to a cancer as happened to some others artists who made arts that are today present in St. Gualberto Church.
TOURIST

upload_2017-7-26_23-49-14.png

upload_2017-7-27_0-43-34.png

Last edited: