Captain Leale Martelli - The Odyssey in the Realms of Time

LITTLE DOCTOR

Leale Martelli was dragged inside a barn used as a prison where two Russian partisans had been imprisoned, one of whom had died. Nazi soldiers left Loyal to the ground lifeless and in a state of hypothermia.
When the Nazis left the prison, the Russian partisan helped Leale to take off the wet uniform and dry it with a blanket. Then he took the clothes to his dead partner and brought them to Leale (Leale was rescued by a partisan and this is paradoxical as Leale hated the partisans, in 1945 Leale asked for the transfer north to fight the partisans). Suddenly some guards and two officers entered the prison with a bottle of vodka in hand. They approached and made Leale drink some vodka to warm him up. Then they explained to Captain Martelli that throwing a Major in the frozen river was not the best thing to do to get a promotion, especially to save a Jewish child ... Leale knew that even the two officers did not like the behavior of Major SS.

Note.
Leale was amazed to be able to understand the guards who spoke German, since Leale did not know German! Certainly it was the romitone that allowed Leale to understand German.

The two German officers began questioning Leale and questioning who he was, he quickly replied that he was Captain Leale Martelli of the Italian SS and that he was sent from the top to deliver new orders to General Stemmerman. At the request of the two officers to be able to view these documents, Leale replied that the mission was secretive and that no one could see such documents, but to the threat of shooting he had to surrender and said, "you see my frozen uniform on the ground, hidden in a pillow case there are orders for Stemmerman. Try to pull the cover up carefully so it does not spoil the document.
Intrigued, the two officers took his uniform soaked and tried to carefully unpick the pillowcase and they found a parchment folded in four. Unfortunately, the fluorescent ink had dropped, the document was unreadable. Dives in the river had ruined the document.
At that point the two officers took the document almost destroyed and left the prison by ordering the guards to bring back the Russian partisans who had come out when questioning Leale. When the Russian came in, Leale was left out to see that he was holding a cat, or rather a female cat, that it was Coda Brutta. Leale Martelli realized that something new would happen by then...

LITTLE DOCTOR

The prisoner sat in front of Leale, with the Coda Brutta cat in his arms. The more the prisoner caressed the cat, and the more Leale's thoughts made their way. The captain did not know at what time he was, but he certainly did not find himself in the year 1944. Some inquiries made him understand this: the troops were well armed and well stocked, the morale was high, the fabric of uniforms was of good quality, all the soldiers were veterans, armored vehicles were of average type to attack, no tanks and defense cannons were seen, airspace was still under control, and there were no injured soldiers. All this made Captain Leale Martelli aware that he was in a period prior to 1944. The captain's thoughts went to the training period at St. Gall's Abbey in Switzerland. Leale understood that all the theories about the use and control of the romitone mirror were not exact, but the result of elaborations and suppositions of sick and disturbed minds. Leale understood that no one could "drive" the mirror of the romitone, but that it was the romitone himself who decided the fate of the adventurer who had the courage to try to use the instrument.
Leale also realized that the romitone did not need that hellish marching to do what he did. These thoughts of Leale were obvious assumptions, there was nothing certain about. Meanwhile, the Russian prisoner continued to stroke Coda Brutta and when he accidentally touched the deformed tail of the cat, she became angry and besieged the prisoner. The blood went out and there was a moment of almost surreal silence, then an unmistakable noise, a dreadful and very feared roar, the Katyusha rockets. They were falling on the Nazi camp, it was clear that the Russian army was counter-attacking. The Russian attack seemed to take away the German troops who did not expect such a bombardment. A rocket fell near the stable / prison and made a gap. The Russian immediately escaped and motioned Leale to follow him. The captain very confused did not know what to do, but when he realized he was in the middle of a real battle, his war instinct took over. Leale remained in combat and, as Romitone had predicted, Leale would reach General Stemmerman as a soldier fighting day after day until the fateful encounter.
Finally, Leale had a vast battle theater in front of him, the best battlefield that every hero wanted. He fought with fervor for months becoming a tool of death and thus increasingly fulfilling the romitone. Lelae dominated every battlefield by sowing terror and death. Even when the enemy seemed to have the best, Leale counterattacked him by bringing him back. It was in these breaches that Leale wrote some verses dedicated to the death.

Mjölnir

The Valle Benedetta's wood is somewhat dark, the plants bend until they touch you in some points and it seems that nature wants to close and become impenetrable.

Even the road to Sambuca is not so straightforward, at some point it forks and there are two different possibilities, yet none of them leads directly to the monastery, but you need to know where to turn. Maybe someone doesn't want it to be easily accessible by those who go across hiking in the area or who search it for the first time.

Last edited:

Mjölnir

After walking in the woods, at the end almost without notice, you can see a small lawn and see the Sambuca. I emerge from the darkness of the wood and on the small bridge that leads to the monastery I see a big crow, as I have seen rarely (consider that I often go to the Alps and I had the opportunity to embark on the imperial crow, or corvus corax, which is the largest of Its species).

The crow looked at me for a while, then opened its wings and flew away. At that point, the darkness of the woods and the various thoughts on what I would find and seen were gone away, and I realized that the place was accessible and that the day would be at its best. The crow in fact, as far as I am concerned, is a positive animal.

A sense of tranquility and lucidity pervaded my mind as I approached the monastery after meeting the crow.

Last edited:

vario

After walking in the woods, at the end almost without notice, you can see a small lawn and see the Sambuca. I emerge from the darkness of the wood and on the small bridge that leads to the monastery I see a big crow, as I have seen rarely (consider that I often go to the Alps and I hard the opportunity to embark on the imperial crow, or corvus corax, which is the largest of Its species).

The crow looked at me for a while, then opened its wings and flew away. At that point, the darkness of the woods and the various thoughts on what I would find and seen were gone away, and I realized that the place was accessible and that the day would be at its best. The crow in fact, as far as I am concerned, is a positive animal.

A sense of tranquility and lucidity pervaded my mind as I approached the monastery after meeting the crow.
Mjölnir, you really went to the Valle Benedetta, or these are experiences made by other people?