Cat predicts 50 deaths in RI nursing home

cmac

Cat predicts 50 deaths in RI nursing home

I came across this story probably 2 years ago, the first time that I heard about it. Back then the cat had only allegedly predicted the deaths of like 20 some people. This most recent article about the cat recently appeared, and there also was a recent appearance by Dr Dosa on Coast to Coast AM talking about "Oscar" the cat who senses death, Hour 4 of the February 17th coast show.

Here is the link to the article:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...TheNews+(Feed+-+Coast+to+Coast+-+In+the+News)

Here is an exerpt from the article: "Dr David Dosa, a geriatrician and assistant professor at Brown University, said that five years of records showed Oscar rarely erring, sometimes proving medical staff at the New England nursing home wrong in their predictions over which patients were close to death. "

Check it out, it is definately interesting.

Keroscene

Re: Cat predicts 50 deaths in RI nursing home

That's pretty interesting about the cat, I havent heard about that one. Animals definitely seem to have an uncanny ability to detect things we normally can't. Maybe some of it comes from having them for pets for thousands of years. Especially cats and dogs. they've become attuned to us.

I seen one not very long ago of a dog predicting an earthquake. They can definitely sense things before we can. And in some cases like with the cat apparently long before.

cmac

Thanks for sharing that video. That was pretty cool.

That dog just took off didn't he? That seemed like he picked up on the slight vibrations before the big ones hit. He reacted dramatically. Wonder if he had felt them before, I'm assuming he had, if they live some where that got hit with a 6.5 earthquake. He seemed to know what was up, when he felt it. He certainly got that "Oh Crap" reaction.

I know growing up on the farm that animals would act very strange well in advance of bad storms. Even when it was sunny all day out. Just as if they knew something was coming. It was very strange at times, eerie almost.

I remember the worst storm I ever was in, the whole day it felt weird, but you couldn't put your finger on what was wrong.

DoctorZ

THinkharder is my alternate internet name

cmac can this cat give me the lucky lottery number i really need them, lol, nice article do!