Charlie Charlie Challenge

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
I came across this article and thought it was interesting...
17948350-mmmain.jpg

Charlie Charlie Challenge: something to play with?

Need to contact a demon and don't have access to a Ouija board?

Just grab a piece of paper and two pencils, and have a chat with Charlie - the most-recently-made-famous hellion on the internet.

The Charlie Charlie Challenge has been trending on the internet for the past week, but research shows this "game" has been circulating since at least 2008.

Legend says the Charlie Charlie Challenge is an ancient Mexican tradition that summons a demon who will use a pencil to answer questions.

Yes, he's a Mexican named Charlie.

No, he doesn't write with the pencil.

To play the game, draw a four-block grid on a sheet of paper. Lay one pencil right to left on the center line, with the other pencil balanced perpendicularly on top - like a cross.

Then, proceed to summon the malignant spirit by asking, "Charlie, Charlie, are you here?" or "Charlie, Charlie can we play?"

If Charlie, the evil Mexican demon, is feeling helpful, the balanced pencil will spin by itself and point to the "yes" blocks. If it points to "no," the player needs to come back later because, obviously, Charlie isn't in the mood to play.

While high school kids are having a blast watching the pencil move on it's own - being frightened by the demonic visit - many don't see the challenge as an innocent game.

According to www.independent.co.uk, Father Stephen McCarthy, school minister at SS. Neumann and Goretti Catholic High School in Philadelphia, wrote an open letter to his students regarding the dangers involved with reaching out to Charlie or any of his demonic counterparts.

"There is a dangerous game going around on social media which openly encourages impressionable young people to summon demons," the letter read. "I want to remind you all there is no such thing as innocently playing with demons."

In the letter, McCarthy pleads with students to not participate in the game.

"The problem with opening yourself up to demonic activity is that it opens a window of possibilities which is not easily closed," he said.

However the many of those who have witnessed communication from Charlie believe it's more likely the pencil being possessed by gravity; not an evil spirit.

Pennsville's Kathy Reeves said her 12-year-old son tried it, but was disappointed when the pencil didn't move.

"Nothing happened," she said via Facebook. "Seeing my son's disappointment, I blew lightly on the pencil to answer his questions."

When the pencil moved, the boy's eyes bugged out and he got "super excited, yet scared at the same time," until he realized his mom was making the pencil move.

But as fun as it may seem to some, many believe that any attempt at contacting a demon is dangerous.

John Rullo, of Pennsville, said he doesn't think it's a "very smart challenge for kids to be participating in."

"Mind you, I'm really into the paranormal, but these inexperienced people should not be attempting to summon spirits. Ya never know what could happen."

West Deptford's Rose Colosi suggested trying to contact "a favorite aunt" if the urge to cross our worldly communication boundaries hits.

"You do not mess with evil stuff," she said via Facebook. "Maybe I've watched too many movies, but I'd smack my kids upside their heads if they did try, and they're all adults. If there is good and evil in the world, don't you think there is both in the spirit world?"

Jersey Unique Minds Paranormal Society Founder and CEO Doug Hogate Jr. said even if the Charlie Charlie Challenge is all in good fun, trying to contact anything spiritual is never a good idea - especially if you don't know what you are doing.

"You have to be careful doing anything like that no matter what you are using," Hogate said. "It could be a paperclip and a rock; if you open up communication with anything and are not fully aware of what you're doing, it could end badly."

He said those who don't know how to properly communicate with the "other side" shouldn't experiment with pencils, Ouija boards, or any other means of opening up a door that they may not be able to close.

"Whether you believe in this stuff or not, things can happen," Hogate said. "If you don't know how to build a car, don't built a car. If you don't know what you're doing, leave it alone."

I had never heard of this "game"... Has anyone else? Would anyone here "play" it?

TnWatchdog

I saw this on some show...maybe Inside Edition. I would stay away from trying to communicate with a demon, especially if you used sharpened pencils. I say no on this one...any takers here? There is an old saying...'not talking to Charlie is better than a sharp stick in the eye, or pencil' something like that.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
I agree... I don't see any benefits of trying to communicate with a demon anyway, unless you just wanna scare yourself...

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I doubts it's true. Like someone said in the article, the pencils are possibly only affected by... gravity.

Like TN said, I guess it might be better to stay away from that one. Don't wanna end up with a sharp pencil in your eye!

Anyone here wanna try it out with a friend?

bluejay_1919

I don't really believe in Christian, religious type demons. However I believe that like we have good and bad in human form, that must pass on with our energy we leave behind. I also believe in spirits or entities that have never had a human body and are ancient in their years of existence. They have nothing better to do with their time than to play games with us and spook us. I have never played with a ouija board because I'm too scared of what I might invite in. I'm already sensitive to things not of this world and they visit my children and myself almost every day....I don't need the ominous beings thinking they are welcome.

bluejay_1919

I would love to know if anyone had tried this and it actually worked though. I've been into the paranormal all my life, so even though there are a few things I won't do myself doesn't mean I'm not curious or intrigued!

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
If you really want to contact them, then you don't need a Ouija Board, something as simple as pencils will suffice.

Contact through these methods was once described to me as living in the middle of a city and leaving your front door wide open.. The type of person that walks in is usually undesirable