China-Taiwan Situation

Darkwolf

China-Taiwan Situation

Greyson, I don't see where you read some of the things into what Mai and I said that you did. We were both clear that we were discussing the small segment of the islamic population that has a tremendous ammount of controll over there, and the larger sections of the population that follow them. The good muslims who just live life are not included in my statements, and the ones who stand up against the radical hatred have my undying respect.
That said, there is about as much support for the Jihad movement over there as Naziism enjoyed in Germany. The dissenters are subject to the same kind of supression as they were there, and the radicals are just as capable of causing the people to act as a group. In my opinion, that makes them a danger. As pollitically incorrect as that is to say these days, It is a thought out and reasearched opinion.
If I am going to have to censure myself, and not say what I think in as respectful as possible terms out of fear of offending somone who might or might not be here, then this may not be the place for me, so do what you think you have to.

Just beacause I can't resist responding to this...
Let's just get something stright here Darkwolf. Americans kill more Americans than any other Nation on Earth. They personally own 1.7 weapons per head of population without including all the Military arsenals. So, maybe you should look at those statistics before jumping to conclusions about the minority of individuals from outside the West that allegedly want you, me, everybody dead.

The statistics about leagally owned guns are actually quite comforting. We are safer in many ways beacause of it. Secondly, not many Americans have been killed by the fundimentalists over here. Yet, but its only a matter of time unless something major changes on their end.

KiraSjon

China-Taiwan Situation

Okay, we have gotten way off topic here.

I'd like to remind everyone that the original topic was concering the China/Taiwan situation and Taiwan's possible difficulty gaining independence. This has nothing to do with the Islam community. If you wish to continue a discussion regarding Islam, or anything related, I have bumped two very good threads started by Pyro. Please redirect your discussion there. Otherwise, please feel free to continue the discussion about China and Taiwan.

Thanks.
Kira*

Reminder: If the discussion does not change, I will be closing the thread.

Judge Bean

China-Taiwan Situation

"In Germany, the Nazis first came for the communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, but I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak for me..."

--Rev. Martin Niemoeller