Civil unrest article found!

Cornelia

Yesterday in chat we were talking about an article I've found on Indymedia Italy, mentioning civil unrest in USA. Today I've found an article about what is happening:
http://technicianonline.com/story.php?id=010515

All over the country, students -- young men and women -- are marching, vandalizing, camping out and protesting. From the 85 high school students in Colorado camping out in their school library, to 1,000 protesters demonstrating on the streets of Portland, Ore. to the 5,000 people that started a bonfire in the heart of San Francisco during a march through the streets -- all to show their disapproval of Bush being re-elected.
Other isolated incidents have included attacks of vandalism to Republican headquarters while some have been peaceful protests.
There's much more about a violent protest happened.

Impossible to find anything on mainstream, this is really amazing.
If I find something else, I'll post.

http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=72415

http://www.axisoflogic.com/artman/publish/...cle_13385.shtml
(violent protest in ohio)

http://www.infoshop.org/inews/stories.php?...4/11/06/3084513

(edited to add links)

tigress

There's always been vandalism and protests over one thing or another. I don't think this is any where near proof of John Titor. I still believe things are pretty calm and will calm down completely by 2005.

dissdnt

Found this today on drudge.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashmn.htm

HIGH SCHOOL ATTACK: KERRY TAUNTS TIED TO FIGHT
Wed Nov 10 2004 09:55:52 ET

Three high school students face charges for using a bat to beat another student who taunted them about being John Kerry supporters days after the contentious election.

The 17-year-old Apple Valley victim was assaulted Thursday in a Minnesota Zoo parking lot near Apple Valley's School of Environmental Studies, better known as the zoo school. Chad McKay, also 17, stood over the victim attempting to protect him.

"It's a good thing to see young people interested and excited about politics," said Dakota County Attorney James Backstrom. "It's obviously very disturbing to see this kind of violence over it."

The SAINT PAUL PIONEER PRESS reported in morning editions: The argument began earlier in the day Thursday with a discussion about candidates the minors had supported for president, Backstrom said. The two victims supported President Bush.

"We were sitting in the computer room at school, and there was kind of a political debate," said Chad McKay of Arden Hills. "Some people said only gay people vote for Bush." Chad said the victim said "only gay people would vote for Kerry because he supports gay marriage."

Backstrom said the victims then "called the other guys some names."

Chad said later in the afternoon when he and the victim were walking to their cars they heard their three senior classmates yelling at them, according to the police report.

Chad got to his car, but the three 17-year-olds attacked the victim, he said, hitting him in face, including with a baseball bat and kicking him. One boy had a padlock wrapped around his finger, Chad said.

Developing...

BrandonwasWrong

Thanks for posting those links! Interesting stuff.

There's always been vandalism and protests over one thing or another. I don't think this is any where near proof of John Titor. I still believe things are pretty calm and will calm down completely by 2005.

Not every post on the forum is going to be trying to prove John Titor. The point of this post, as far as I see it, is to bring to light articles of news that we won't see on mainstream media. Also, pretty calm? There is much evidence that the election was completely rigged. Even if we don't count physical protests of voters, some are trying to bring this fraud to light and it is shaking things up, even within the political scene. I perhaps wouldn't go so far as to describe it all as wide scale civil unrest, I certainly wouldn't describe it as calm.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by BrandonwasWrong@Nov 10 2004, 07:58 PM
Thanks for posting those links! Interesting stuff.

Not every post on the forum is going to be trying to prove John Titor. The point of this post, as far as I see it, is to bring to light articles of news that we won't see on mainstream media. Also, pretty calm? There is much evidence that the election was completely rigged. Even if we don't count physical protests of voters, some are trying to bring this fraud to light and it is shaking things up, even within the political scene. I perhaps wouldn't go so far as to describe it all as wide scale civil unrest, I certainly wouldn't describe it as calm.

You also have to be very careful to state clearly that none of us advocates the use of violence; in fact, if I'm not mistaken, it's the unofficial position of most of the members that any correction of government abuses must be accomplished peacefully and within the law.

Snow

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Nov 10 2004, 02:35 PM

You also have to be very careful to state clearly that none of us advocates the use of violence; in fact, if I'm not mistaken, it's the unofficial position of most of the members that any correction of government abuses must be accomplished peacefully and within the law.

Paul,

Make that official position for this member. Keep us moving in the right direction Paul.

Snow

QuantumCowgirl

Here's a link that's been going around, per the civil war issue:

http://thechrisproject.com/images/map_nowvsthen.jpg

map_nowvsthen.jpg

Med Edit: posted the image for Quantam

August

Quantumcowgirl,

great post. I had not seen that one. Very interesting comparison.

dissdnt

Army APC At Protest

http://www.polizeros.com/2004/11/10.html#a4686

"Indymedia has video of two tanks (well, LAV-25s, but who's gonna quibble with an armored cannon on Wilshire Boulevard?) at an anti-war protest outside the Federal Building in Westwood, CA. Whether the folks at the Army Reserve Center up the street at Federal got bored or the Police State is flexing its muscles, I dunno. Personally, I think these guys just knew that parking in Westwood is a bitch and borrowed the appropriate vehicle."

Judge Bean

About the Civil War maps:

A specious comparison. I doubt that you'd be able to get Cary (or me) to start thinking of the Old Confederacy as the enemy in this conflict.

The country has been divided along the lines of urban/rural since its inception; and along the shifting line that kept moving West for 300 years. I know people all over the interior; I know people in Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico who live in the countryside and wouldn't vote Republican at gunpoint.

Let's stop trying to find ways to split the country up. Leave that for those who gain politically from divisiveness.

Strength in unity. Find what you have in common with people who voted differently from you: when the bigwigs scatter to the winds with your money and your future, the others around you are all you'll have left.