Class "A" EVP or Inter-Dimensional Communication?

Enigmawriter

About a year and a half ago, we went to a restaurant that was built in an old building in Southwest New Mexico. A place where Billy the Kid was jailed in for a moment for a trial. We set up our audio recorders and one equipped with a shotgun mic directly pointing at the kitchen area from a corner of the ball room area.

After investigation the next day, we captured what might be one of THE most intriguing EVPs out there. We think we know what is being said, but might need some better ears out there. I'll put the link at the bottom and see if you all know what the EVPs are.

I cleaned up the audio to remove the white noise, amplified the audio and all isolated the voices from an equalizer using Pro Tools 8 and a little from audacity. I will also put the comparison of the original audio with the cleaned up audio so you can see it wasn't fabricated. The third link is of some of our other investigations as well as the ball room/kitchen one.

- cleaned up version

- comparison of original with cleaned version

Enigmawriter's sets on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds - various including more from the restaurant EVPs

Let me know what you hear. We believe it could be either ghosts or maybe inter-dimensional

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Can you make out what it's saying? It's definitely male.

Enigmawriter

PaulaJedi, I believe what it is saying in the first video might be this. It is two men arguing. Play it again with the following:

Ghost EVP: Man 1 "Go ahead and say it. You DID it... Hacked her to pieces!"
Man 2 "I won't say it... I WON'T say it! You're supposed to stick up for me. End it... I hate it!"
Man 1 "Who did it?"
Man 2 "I've said enough!"
Man 1 "Who did it?"

After that I cannot understand, maybe they said something else. But, it's an obvious argument. This happened after 1am. Everything was silent, the other audio recorders didn't capture the yelling, so it was definitely out of place.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Sounds residual, the kind of "haunting" that just repeats like a broken record. Some say if the location is near a source of quartz, it could cause that.

Enigmawriter

What criteria designate an EVP as class A, B, C, etc?

Class A - Clear-sounding, able to understand, long sentences like someone talking. Usually a direct response to a question being asked, but not always. It could be residual, meaning recurring paranormal activity.

Class B - Hardly audible but still clear enough to hear. Usually garbled but still understandable. Not a direct response to a question, usually just words being spoken out.

Class C - Could be a voice or could be outside noise interference like dogs barking, room settling. Low quality and needs to be cleaned up in post with audio programs to get a better idea if it is an actual EVP.

But, every ghost investigator has their own ideas of what Class an EVP should be.

Of course with every EVP we capture we enhance it so we can hear it. There are some that we've captured that didn't need any enhancements, but require headphones. It's always better to use headphones.

The voices in the restaurant would appear about every 15 - 20 minute intervals and each time the arguments would be different but still about the same subject. We're planning to go back and just isolate on the ball room and focus on it with many audio and video equipment.

Enigmawriter

Sounds residual, the kind of "haunting" that just repeats like a broken record. Some say if the location is near a source of quartz, it could cause that.

We're planning on going back. I was actually thinking of taking some quartz on the next one. It just may be residual. The audio was captured for a little over four hours and the EVP came in about 15-20 minute intervals with different arguments from the 'ghosts.' If we go back and we get the same audio arguments, then it is residual activity, but if we get something different, then we are dealing with something totally different and may not be ghosts.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
What criteria designate an EVP as class A, B, C, etc?

Class A - Clear-sounding, able to understand, long sentences like someone talking. Usually a direct response to a question being asked, but not always. It could be residual, meaning recurring paranormal activity.

Class B - Hardly audible but still clear enough to hear. Usually garbled but still understandable. Not a direct response to a question, usually just words being spoken out.

Class C - Could be a voice or could be outside noise interference like dogs barking, room settling. Low quality and needs to be cleaned up in post with audio programs to get a better idea if it is an actual EVP.

But, every ghost investigator has their own ideas of what Class an EVP should be.

Of course with every EVP we capture we enhance it so we can hear it. There are some that we've captured that didn't need any enhancements, but require headphones. It's always better to use headphones.

The voices in the restaurant would appear about every 15 - 20 minute intervals and each time the arguments would be different but still about the same subject. We're planning to go back and just isolate on the ball room and focus on it with many audio and video equipment.

Great answer, I learned something new :)