Conspiracy Website

John

Conspiracy Website

Suggestion: A separate website, just for conspiracy theorists. Structured much in the same way as this site except acting as a separate entity...owned and run by the same admins/owners, or different admins and mods for each board just the same owner... DadOf5. That would give way to sub-categories that we currently don't have here. AND besides, this forum focuses on "time travel" not conspiracies.

Thoughts?

John

Re: Conspiracy Website

<all that can be heard is crickets chirping><a sagebrush tumbles by>

Laugh and we laugh together, come up with a bad idea and you stand alone...come on is it really that bad of an idea?

lol

sosuemetoo

Oh John, this is a fantastic idea! The possibilities are endless!

We have just a little section on our forum for conspiracies, but it would be nice to have a separate website. We have so many member interested in this topic

We have a couple of current mods with extensive knowledge in this topic, as well as some seasoned members.

*jumps around in glee* :)

sosuemetoo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"John\")</div>
<all that can be heard is crickets chirping><a sagebrush tumbles by>

Laugh and we laugh together, come up with a bad idea and you stand alone...come on is it really that bad of an idea?

lol[/b]

LOL John , Mom was attending to the Chatroom Bar and doing other mod duties before she could post in the thread.

*hiccup* ;)

John

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"sosuemetoo\")</div>
LOL John , Mom was attending to the Chatroom Bar and doing other mod duties before she could post in the thread.

*hiccup* ;)[/b]

Whew, I was beginning to worry :unsure: that I'd laid a rotten egg on the table. Thanks sue. :grin:

sosuemetoo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"John\")</div>
Whew, I was beginning to worry :unsure: that I'd laid a rotten egg on the table. Thanks sue. :grin:[/b]

Well John, you would have known if you were in the Live chatroom bar (*hint hint*) ;)

Zoomerz

John; I've given this a lot of thought since joining, and would have been jumping for joy then. But I have to be honest. I've enjoyed "some" of the other threads that cross over between the 2 (conspiracy and tt). why....I would have to come back to TTF just to catch up on Frog's Personal thread...

I suppose we could be members of both, but how is the conspiracy site going to get promoted (gain members)? Don't most new members now come through their interest in TT? How would people that enjoy conspiracy stuff find us? Sounds like there would need to be additional promotion too???

I WOULD love to see a more expanded conspiracy section (like maybe a total forum devoted to it). But I do enjoy some of the other topics that come up (not necessarily TT) that might be missed unless I joined both.

jm2c

Z-

John

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Zoomerz\")</div>
John; I've given this a lot of thought since joining, and would have been jumping for joy then. But I have to be honest. I've enjoyed \"some\" of the other threads that cross over between the 2 (conspiracy and tt).

I suppose we could be members of both, but how is the conspiracy site going to get promoted (gain members)? Don't most new members now come through their interest in TT? How would people that enjoy conspiracy stuff find us? Sounds like there would need to be additional promotion too???

I WOULD love to see a more expanded conspiracy section (like maybe a total forum devoted to it). But I do enjoy some of the other topics that come up (not necessarily TT) that might be missed unless I joined both.

jm2c

Z-[/b]

Very good points.
Yes, it'd have to be marketed on its own. And the cross polination you mentioned is a very good effect on this forum's traffic. If we created another completely new forum it might take away from that...and effectively divide the traffic up.

I suppose we could just break out the conspiracy forum here into it's own header with sub-headers. Thoughts?

I just wonder though how many people will come to the time travel forum looking to talk about conspiracies. My thoughts were that if we marketed just to conspiracy enthusiasts that they would come to the new site and make up a bigger audience/community with which to interact. Then by placing ads from each site to the other, then cross traffic would occur. With two sites the "lines in the sand" would be drawn and the focus could be concentrated down to their core aspects. However, they would expose the members to see what else is offered on the "adjoining" sites.

As a long term perspective, if the second site is created and traffic picked up, we might venture into a third, forth and so on sites, focusing on the core aspects that had formed as a result of dilution within the forum...i.e. the requested forum headers, that seemed to be doing well. Eventually the owner of the ttf might also own a few other forums of different interests that cross pollinate each other in a synergistic manner to bring the most members to the whole ring, which in effect would become one "uber-community".

That was my train of thought. Thoughts?

Strangevisitor

personally i think it's a good idea john. i come on to this site to read about time travel and end up with conspiracy stuff i don't want to read or try to look through to find what i'm interested in. i think it would be great to divide it up a little more. we could, if this works, have time travel, conspiracy, paranormal, and/or even things like faviorte movies or books we read. i think it a great idea.

CaryP

I don't really care. I kind of like everything being on one website, but I can adjust. So long as I have a place to post my "nut job theories" as my wife calls them, without getting flamed by the staff. Oh wait, I'm on staff (for now). LMAO!

Cary