Chat
Downloads
Conspiracycafe.net
Lite Bytes
Off topic area
Rules of the Cafe
View New Content

Welcome to Conspiracycafe.net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo
Steak
- - - - -
Started by baudmiksen, Oct 27 2014 12:25 AM

Page 1 of 2
Next
Please log in to reply
Go to first unread post

13 replies to this topic
#1 Steak: post #1
baudmiksen
Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:25 AM
baudmiksen
Conspiratus Illuminatus

Admin Staff

3,615 posts
Totally Scrotnig
DOB: Youthful & funloving

I am: Chilled

Country flag:
I've been trying every different kind they have at the store and I think the ribeye's are the best. I've found the more I eat them the less and less cooked I want them. Eventually, through trial and error, I will find the sweet spot between it going "moo!" and delicious tenderness.

I've never really at them often before because I just couldnt afford it, but now its the only thing I want to eat.

What are some good ways of cooking these things other than with just salt and pepper? I have some A1 sauce but I usually just use it like I would ketchup with any other meat.

Anyone have any experience with ordering these thing online? I was browsing amazon for some top quality steaks but I'm really not familiar with whats good and what isn't. Anyone have any good recipes?

I'd like to eat one with my eggs in the morning, possibly a sandwhich one at lunch and one for dinner at night too.

I honestly think they put me in a better mood and I feel like I have more energy when I eat em. Maybe it's wendigo...in any event, its all I want. And I want better and more.

baudmiksen

#2 Steak: post #2
Grayson
Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:59 AM
Grayson
Cylokat, attack!

Admin Staff

10,214 posts
The Wahoonie
DOB: I knew Moses

I am: A Happy Guy

Country flag:
The older the steak the better. 21 to 28 days...Mmm mmm. I pan fry them really hot for about 90 seconds a side with a splash of oil and a knob of butter, basting as I go. Set it to rest with a dash of cayenne pepper dusted on it and fry sliced mushrooms, sliced shallots and an egg at a reduced heat in the steak juices. Pile them on top and eat. Sirloin is best for me. Steak cripples me as I have no gall bladder and don't produce stomach acid strong enough to digest it.

No pain, no gain.

I like chargrilled steak too. I like it pan fried in sweet chilli sauce, fried in sesame oil and fried with sliced chorizo for 90 seconds a side too.

As long as you wipe the cows arse and nose, i'll eat it.
<p><span style="color:#b22222;"><span style="font-family:'comic sans ms';"><span style="font-size:24px;"><strong>Let the thyit thpatter were it may.</strong></span></span></span></p>
#3 Steak: post #3
dreamwalker
Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:06 AM
dreamwalker
Darkness

VIP Elite Member

13,599 posts
The Wahoonie
Interests:Determining the best way to escape.
DOB: Good side of 30

I am: Locked and Loaded

Country flag:
I agree with both of you. Though when pan frying a ribeye I reccommend adding a teaspoon of hot sauce a teaspoon of honey. And a tablespoon of Lsnd of lakes butter. Microwave the mixture and put it in the pan before you put the steak in. Damn it now I'm drooling. :)
"I've got a silver spoon on a chain.. I've got a grand piano to prop up my mortal remains. I've got wide staring eyes. I've got a strong urge to fly!! But I've got nowhere to fly to."
-Pink Floyd
#4 Steak: post #4
Muthafocka Jones
Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:30 AM
Muthafocka Jones
ABBATH DOOM OCCULTA

Elite Member

383 posts
Wholly Zarjaz
Interests:Drinking scotch, Guitar playing, music-metal and industrial, and Irish bands, dark classical, Italian, lounge, Suicide is an interesting and fun topic to me, so are killers from history, ghosts, true crime, death, guns, disasters, comedy, capital punishment, war, disease, famine, drawing and painting my own graphic novel to be published.

I am: Armed and dangerous

Country flag:
"There must be some sort of mistake."
"Did you say STEAK?!"
"No----MISTAKE!"

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=K2_J1lx5keI
We could outlaw religion, and in most cities sex crimes would disappear in a couple of generations, but we don't have time for rational solutions!

Die großartigste der Mörder erfordern die feinsten Tötung.
#5 Steak: post #5
baudmiksen
Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:26 AM
baudmiksen
Conspiratus Illuminatus

Admin Staff

3,615 posts
Totally Scrotnig
DOB: Youthful & funloving

I am: Chilled

Country flag:

Damn that's gross, bro... Good thing the tapeworms keep me nice and skinny!

I imagined myself being a bit more like Robert Carlyle from Ravenous, but yeah.

baudmiksen

#6 Steak: post #6
Muthafocka Jones
Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:34 PM
Muthafocka Jones
ABBATH DOOM OCCULTA

Elite Member

383 posts
Wholly Zarjaz
Interests:Drinking scotch, Guitar playing, music-metal and industrial, and Irish bands, dark classical, Italian, lounge, Suicide is an interesting and fun topic to me, so are killers from history, ghosts, true crime, death, guns, disasters, comedy, capital punishment, war, disease, famine, drawing and painting my own graphic novel to be published.

Country flag:

Damn that's gross, bro... Good thing the tapeworms keep me nice and skinny!

I imagined myself being a bit more like Robert Carlyle from Ravenous, but yeah.
Of course it's gross! I love Ravenous too brilliant movie, and Robert Carlyle is awesome, esp in Trainspotting
We could outlaw religion, and in most cities sex crimes would disappear in a couple of generations, but we don't have time for rational solutions!

#7 Steak: post #7
MajorUrsaNorte
Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:43 PM
MajorUrsaNorte
Chief Dog Wrangler and Camp Cook

VIP Elite Member

4,202 posts
Wholly Zarjaz
Interests:Hunting, Fishing and anything else in the Great Outdoors
DOB: Good side of 40

I am: Locked and Loaded

Country flag:
Baudy,

If you ae a Ribeye man, then you need to buy a whole Ribeye and cut your own steaks. You can get much better steaks that way. If you have a Sam's Card, you can often find whole Ribeyes on sale.

Whether you buy them seperate or cut them yourself, an easy way to infuse flavor into the meat without overdoing it is to freeze the steak first. Take out and place in ziplock type bag with your marinade of choice. I mix hot sauce (Regular Louisiana Hot Sauce), Lee & Perin's and a dash of Dale's liquid smoke. As the steak thaws, it will draw the marinade into the meat. Once the steak has reached room temperature, you can place it on a grill and cook to your desired doneness.

I prefer to use real charcoal instead of Kingsford briquettes and I also use a charcoal chimney to light my charcoal. No lighter fluid. I like my steaks somewhere between Rare and Medium Rare for best flavor profile and tenderness. Do not trim fat off of steak prior to cooking. If you don't want it, fine, just trim it off after you cook it.

MuN

Be Prepared,
Keep your powder dry,
And always remember,
The smoker you drink, the player you get.
#8 Steak: post #8
malo
Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:17 PM
malo
Lord Conspiritalus

THUNDERBIRD

2,686 posts
Totally Scrotnig
Interests:My boogie shoes, computers, fun people, pranks, good food, good drink, good music... carving a life size replica of my house from balsa wood.
DOB: Unknown

I am: Spartacus

Country flag:
I like to grill mine, I often add some damp mesquite chunks to the grill to bring out a little southwest flavor.

Keep the heat low, you don't want to flash cook a nice steak. Just hot enough for grill marks when you do a 90 degree rotation.

Press a few cloves of fresh garlic, and mix it in with some room temperature (soft) butter. Not margarine or some other chemical butter like substance.... use good butter. Not great butter either, Irish butter is salty and will not help your steak.... (sorry, rambling)

When your steak is about halfway cooked, use a sharp knife and cut a few slits into your steak at a 45 degree angle, about 1/8th inch deep.

Smear your garlic butter onto the steak and let it grill till the butter is all liquid and either drips off (beware of fire) or soaks in....

Give that a try and let me know how it works for you.

<p><span style="font-size:10px;"><strong><span style="font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="color:#006400;">Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. ~ Gordon Gekko</span></span></span></strong></span></p>
<p><span style="color:#0000ff;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.</span></strong></span></span></span></p>
<p><span style="color:#0000ff;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">~ Thomas Jefferson</span></strong></span></span></span>
#9 Steak: post #9
Harte
Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:20 PM
Harte
Skeptic

VIP Elite Member

2,765 posts
The Sluzzgreeps pyjama's
DOB: Shit, older than Cary

I am: Spartacus

Country flag:
An old recipe from the original Joy of Cooking.

Fill the bottom of a cast iron pand withabout an inch of salt and turn it on high-ish.

Pour out about a half cup of whole peppercorns onto a cutting board and crush them with another frying pan - pressing and rolling around on them facilitates this.

Slap the steak onto the peppercorns, smushing them into both sides (press them in) Use more if you need to.

After about 20 minutes of heating the pan, put the steak directly on the salt layer (make sure the salt is VERY hot.) Flip when halfway through.

I know it sounds really weird, but it's damn tasty.

Harte
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
Thomas Jefferson
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. Bertrand Russell

Ubi dubium ibi libertas.

Gee, what a boring ass world it would be without the likes of us messed up whack job psycho arrogant motherfuckers who DONT BUY INTO EVERYTHING. Risata

Sometimes a shitty stick is just a stick covered in shit and not a Gubbermint plot to makes sticks useless to us. Grayson
#10 Steak: post #10
Muthafocka Jones
Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:15 AM
Muthafocka Jones
ABBATH DOOM OCCULTA

Elite Member

383 posts
Wholly Zarjaz

Country flag:
I love all kinds of steak, but my two favorites are ribeye and New York cuts.I prefer thinner cut of New York on a cast iron and a medium-thick cut of ribeye but not too thick

Page 1 of 2
Next
Back to Off topic area · Next Unread Topic →

0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Conspiracycafe.net
→ Lite Bytes
→ Off topic area

TopSiteList

IPB skin by IPBForumSkins
Community Forum Software by IP.Board 3.4.6
Licensed to: ConspiracyCafe.Net