Countering the inertial forces

Brandon Meek

This is going to be one of a number of threads I'll start that address questions that I have, and wonder if they are on any body else's mind. I've never posted before so I'll try to keep it brief and see what you have to say.

I make the assumption that time travel will at some time exist, even if it is now. I figure that one of the kinds of time travel I hear about would be a sort of teleportation.

I wonder, how would you counter the inertial effects of teleportation (re-materializing) from the surrounding environment when you do said time travel?

If i travel back in time I will materialize in the space assigned, with basically, a giant earth hurtling at me at thousands of miles an hour. As soon as i materialized, wouldn't the planet just smash into me?

I understand there would have to be a kind of inertial dappeners, but is anybody working on this, or is there science that makes this moot?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
The real science behind all this is not taught in schools. We are all taught theoretical science. Which is synonymous with religious belief. Somehow along the way scientists stopped using facts, and started using theories instead. Nowadays there is more belief in theories than factual observations. Inertial forces are not the same as other forces. Nuclear force, gravitational force, centrifugal force, electric force, and magnetic force are all unique and distinct from one another. So there are no real answers to your questions. Throw out your assumptions, PLEASE. Reality is not put together with make believe.

Brandon Meek

I'm not sure if it's just the terms I use, but in my mind, the question still stands, : "If the method of time travel uses teleportation type of transportation, how do you prevent your stationary body from being smashed by the force of the planet when they appear?"
If your refering to a type of time travel that does not use teleportation, but rather a kind of mental projection, well, then, ignore.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I'm not sure if it's just the terms I use, but in my mind, the question still stands, : "If the method of time travel uses teleportation type of transportation, how do you prevent your stationary body from being smashed by the force of the planet when they appear?"
If your refering to a type of time travel that does not use teleportation, but rather a kind of mental projection, well, then, ignore.

But your question is based on assumption. Do objects collide in the temporal direction if one of the objects moves faster through time than the other? Is there even any scientific basis to even ask a question like that? Any evidence for or against? You see all we have is zero facts to work with. With no facts, there can be no answer to your questions.

Brandon Meek

Ok, got it. I agree, first and foremost that we have no facts. When it comes right down to it, I can't even prove that I am here. There are some assumptions I am making in the way i'm thinking about time travel. I think in a field such as this, you have to take the mantle of the theoretical paradigm that you find interesting and most likely. Right now, personally, i've been thinking a lot about the physical interactions in a scenario in which a body being moved through time will or will not experience any kind of inertia, and if so, how were time travelers able to negate these effects. As your reply points out "Do objects collide in the temporal direction if one of the objects moves faster through time than the other?" YES!! Exactly, that's the sort of answers I need. If you have information on study's or anybody else working on these issues, please share.

Brandon Meek

I believe time travel will be discovered backwards. I believe that "when" time travel is invented has no relevance, what does have relevance is whether or not the technology exists in our time to allow them to come here. But how do you predict what a time traveler will do and when they will show up? I can only think of one thing.........limits. At some time, whenever or however or whoever whatever IF time travel is invented at all ever, I would bet my last red cent on one thing, that they will go back as far as they possibly can. That means, that every breakthrough in time travel is a potential intersection and point of contact with the future. I have an idea for predicting this moment, but don't want to sound to much like an idiot, lol i'm a cnc operator, and i'm not even sure i spelled that right. So i'm going to be posting a few questions at a time, this is the first one.
If time travel is invented in the future, and what has stopped them so far from showing up is that there is no modern math to calculate the exact movements of the arrival location, and does inertia play a role in this? If so how, there might be a way to get around it, and i've wondered if anybody else has encountered this in their mental experiments.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I have studied basic forces and can tell you that the effect of inertial forces on objects is a unique set all by itself. None of the other forces behave that way. One thing that we don't even label as a force is length. Yet there are indications that length too should be treated like a separate force. But no time force observations at all. It's like time is a deep well. And no one has figured out how to escape the well.

Brandon Meek

hm, first of all crud, i'm so tired of learning new crap a length force is just another thing i'm gonna have to learn.
Part of what i'm getting is that, it is possible, that the orientation,speed, and direction of movement might not have anything to do with it at all. I like it, it solves one of my problems, just not sure how that works, and in order for this other stuff in my head to get out, i need to at least even both sides by accounting for the speed and movement of the lets say "target location" . is there a specific school of mathematics?
googling force length

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Even the math misrepresents reality. Math is just a language. It's only as good as the facts it's based on. Sometimes more often than not assumptions are used instead. That makes for a poor math model. If you study math, I would suggest becoming more skilled with algebra and trigonometry. At least those branches of mathematics have more practicality. Calculus is supposed to be even more useful. But it's not. They have split that language up into a myriad of offshoots. Thus doing more harm than good when you try to use it.

Brandon Meek

You know who will be rich? The guy who invents time travel, you know who else will be? The guy who invents something that a time machine is going to need. Since it is something the time machine needs, once you invent it, you would have created one of those all important moments when you can predict a time traveler will appear. If time travelers and time machines will NEED a beacon to show the location of the earth or the landing pad, when this pad is created, that will be the first moment that it would have been possible for the time travelers to go to, because it needed that pad, or isotope, whatever. So, within seconds of creating, inventing, turning on, as soon as that moment happens, i would bet my soul time travelers will at some time, want to see that moment, doesn't matter if it's 10 years or 10 million. Now all we need to do is figure out something we know a time machine or traveler will need, I leave the time machine itself to be invented by someone else. like i said, doesn't even matter when to me, I'll know my machine works or doesn't the second i turn it on.