Crop circles

electricsheep

Crop circles

One of my high interests is crop circles. I've seen a lot on them and read a little about them. One thing I've noticed is people CAN make them in the same amount of time as they have been done, but they can't do what the "real crop circles" do but do make it awfully similar to the naked eye. It is said that the inside of the plant is altered and some have been found in stone from long long ago. Some seem like they mean something. I don't know if all are hoaxes, though I do believe some are. Also, why are dead animals found around a lot of them with insides cut out so perfectly with no blood and the animal already seems decomposed when the animal was just alive the day before? Why does the government say its just "wild animals" or "coyotes"? Please don't mock me, I just want to know everyone's opinion on them. I find some to be fascinating.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Re: Crop Circles

I remember in the movie "Contact", in that part where they took the message they'd been recieving and changed it so they were looking at it in 3 dimensions instead of 2... And were finally able to understand what it meant.

I've often wondered if this same idea could be applied to crop circles as well. I don't know how you'd do it, but it's still something to think about :)

shane

I'm not sure if I could dig up a record of it, but I saw a rather interesting documentary some time ago. A group of MIT students were able to make some equipment and produce crop circles complete with molecular changes in the effected plants using some kind of low level radiation or, uh, something. Granted, I saw this a long time ago, and I was probably occupied by other things whilst watching the program... ;)

All in all, I'd say it's possible to hoax the kind of crop circles in question, but not for Average Joe Farmer. Even more interesting to me than the possiblity of the geometric patterns being produced by visiting extra-terrestrials is the question of why natives of ol' Terra would go to all the trouble.

electricsheep

hey thanks that site was really interesting. I had heard of some of the things they said in there but some stuff was fairly new to me.

thenumbersix

Personally I still hold out some belief in crop circles as they have 'been shown' to appear in ancient drawings, caves etc.

I could well believe a natural cause of them to be possible, even with reasonably complex shapes, no smoke without fire...

I certainly don't buy into 'aliens' doing whatever... unless we are about to be contacted and have reckless aliens buzzing about not really caring, could be an in-joke for them when they find new and nearly ready to be contacted species....