Did Ancient Egyptians Have Electricity?

Baghdad Battery there were three clay pots. It would have been very dim. The Baghdad Battery only produced 2 volts. Many have said they used it in the pyramids but soot on the walls and ceilings says other wise.
No soot and other placeholders for supposed torches

The soot only shows that torches were used in the pyramid. This does not prove that the Egyptians did not have batteries and light bulbs.

The "vases" had copper in them. See diagram above.

The soot only shows that torches were used in the pyramid. This does not prove that the Egyptians did not have batteries and light bulbs.

Agreed. And am quite aware of the makeup of the vases. The Egyptians having electricity is far fetched but they were way ahead of their time in other areas. Is it possible they had it? Maybe. Do I think they had it? No. But thats my opinion of it. A lot of this Ancient Alien stuff is interesting but some of it is pure hypothetical speculation.

Last edited:

Agreed. And am quite aware of the makeup of the vases. The Egyptians having electricity is far fetched but they were way ahead of their time in other areas. Is it possible they had it? Maybe. Do I think they had it? No. But thats my opinion of it. A lot of this Ancient Alien stuff is interesting but some of it is pure hypothetical speculation.

I heard of it before the show. People give the show a lot of bad rap when all they are doing is opening our minds to the possibilities. I'm a believer that they had limited use of electricity. A very smart person with some science background may have figured it out, with or without aliens. I mean look at what Tesla did in our era. Even he's accused of being an alien. :) The fact that people were able to recreate these "bulbs" fascinates me as well. Can I prove it? No. But I'm leaning towards believing. :) There is a fascinating theory that the pyramids emitted power as well. They said they could pour two chemicals down two passage ways and create combustion. Yeah, yeah, this is also on the Ancient Alien show (hehe), but it sounds really feasible to me. I'm not a scientist, though.

P.S. When I type I tend to sound like a robot. Once in a while people think I'm mad, but I'm not. So, I'll try to put a lot of smilies in my posts. LOL :)

I heard of it before the show. People give the show a lot of bad rap when all they are doing is opening our minds to the possibilities. I'm a believer that they had limited use of electricity. A very smart person with some science background may have figured it out, with or without aliens. I mean look at what Tesla did in our era. Even he's accused of being an alien. :) The fact that people were able to recreate these "bulbs" fascinates me as well. Can I prove it? No. But I'm leaning towards believing. :) There is a fascinating theory that the pyramids emitted power as well. They said they could pour two chemicals down two passage ways and create combustion. Yeah, yeah, this is also on the Ancient Alien show (hehe), but it sounds really feasible to me. I'm not a scientist, though.

P.S. When I type I tend to sound like a robot. Once in a while people think I'm mad, but I'm not. So, I'll try to put a lot of smilies in my posts. LOL :)

People give the show a lot of bad rap when all they are doing is opening our minds to the possibilities.

I agree. Oh, I tend to agree with some of it thats for sure.

There is a fascinating theory that the pyramids emitted power as well.

Yeah I read about this.