Did Dolly have braces in Moonraker? Mandela Effect again?

Wind7

Staff
I swear, she had braces...

I guess I never really noticed.

I own all of the James Bond 007 movies and have seen them
numerous times over the years. 🤓

knockout-city.gif
"Nerd!!"

:oops:

Last edited:

MODAT7

I remember watching "Moon Raker" on a VHS rental in the mid 1980's when I was in elementary school. Mom didn't care for Bond's womanizing, but she was watching it with me. When Dolly slowly smiled and showed some metal on her teeth to match Jaws, mom let out a good laugh and commented on it. This is exactly what the writers wanted, trying to keep the female audience engaged in an otherwise overly male dominated movie. This was a 2 part joke, being Dolly's height contrasted to Jaws, and Dolly matching teeth with Jaws. A one part joke of this nature is kinda weak, even way back then.

So what does the "Dolly Event" really mean??? Sometime after the mid 1980's, there was a temporal incident going back before "Moon Raker" was released by at least a year or two (possibly far more depending on the event) that changed history in a minor way. Or maybe there was a "Universe Consolidation Event" that was sloppy.

It's been a long time since I've seen "Moon Raker" in full, but I didn't quite remember Dolly's "other attribute"... but this was pre-pubescent me. Maybe "Braces Dolly" was swapped for "Current Dolly" for that reason. I mean, she is a Bond Girl, and they're known for having certain attributes...

Getting back to time manipulation, this does fall within the various active Montauk experiments. Maybe this was a leftover experiment and one of the mad scientists decided he was going to have a little fun with the fanboys. Maybe this was a backwards time jump to further correct something that went wrong at Montauk that was causing some problems in the "then present".

I also remember Mandela. I think I was in middle school when I learned that he died. Years later he was in the news again, and I distinctly remembering "I thought he was dead". So whatever his temporal incident was, I went through it... twice? Maybe a war broke out in the region that got out of control, and maybe there was a backwards time jump to keep Mandela alive because he did something to prevent it.

OakFieldAlienz444

I've been watching James Bond movies my whole life I've seen every single one of them
many many times over. I do have a vague memory of her having braces.
The movie itself is a self-parody and it's my hopes that in one universe there's
a version that follows the novel Moonraker (which is much better and more realistic
than the movie no outer space BS, just a classic spy novel about Bond vs Nazi infiltration,
where Hugo Drax is a cheat at the game of Bridge and is posing as a British patriot who
actually was a former Nazi spy in world war 2, and was even knighted by the Queen lol)

Anyone getting a kick out of the Mandela Effect should watch the X-Files
episode titled "The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat" it's very funny and clever,
and I think Amazon Prime has it free.

Last edited:

OakFieldAlienz444

This commercial seems to reference the universe where Dolly had braces,
it's an old commercial that came out at the time of the film Moonraker, featuring
Richard Kiel, the guy who played the role of the henchman Jaws:

The same joke is played where one person smiles and another smiles
and the teeth visual gag is seen, though in a different manner.
Yes, everyone knows Jaws has metal teeth, but yeah.

OakFieldAlienz444

IMO what warped time was the bizzarre idea for Moonraker itself.
The notion of putting Bond into space only happened to compete with
a Star Wars movie that was out at the time (I think maybe the first one not sure)
and so they took advantage of the title of the novel "Moonraker" and put Bond
in space (thank God he didn't walk on the moon amirite? One small step for
shecret agents one giant leap for shecret agent kind) So they put
everyone's favorite spy James Bond 007 into outer space and
of course could only get away with this with Roger Moore due
to the fact his movies tend to be slightly sillier and more cartoonish
than other Bond movies. The only aspects of the novel that made it in
were the fact Bond has an auburn haired gal pal just like the novel
and the fact that the villain is Hugo Drax and has a nazi like plan
to wipe out humanity and replace it. But it is not known if he is an
actual nazi like in the novel. Other than that no resemblence to
the novel existed-------and this created the parralel universe where Dolly had braces,
cuz NO ONE puts James Bond into outer space without consequences

lamdo263

A special thank you to MODAT7: Yes' she did have braces as this was the commonace written into the script so they would have a foundation of commonality to act as a past for romantic involvement, This would serve the rest of the James Bond script.

They have been jagging around with facts placing removal & censorship, unless that is there really is a Mandella sectored per area time and event fact difference phenomena.

How most people know there was a Montauk Project is that maybe somebody left the broadcasting radar modified to send radio signals dish left on. This is why many people without reading the script know that Montauk was either real or broadcast that way. I don't know, why are inept people subject to making mistakes? Not my prob. Ta ta' cheers