Debate Dinosaurs and Humans

Poison Pen

Some one started this on another forum I am a member of and I thought it would be interesting to get some views here.

65 million years ago these large creatures roamed the earth and at some point in time befell a mass extinction.

Question is this:

What would have been the outcome of our modern society if dinosaurs had survived to this day?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
There must have been tons of dinosaurs all over the place back then. My first thought is that it's unlikely humans would have been able to become the dominant species with dinosaurs around. Can you imagine fighting a T-rex with a spear?

Can dinosaurs be domesticated? That's unlikely too, especially if we're a source of food for several species.

I doubt we'd have a modern society at all.

TnWatchdog

There would have to have been underground cities built, in the early days, cause the dinosaurs would be knocking down the the buildings while running around. Of course I could have made millions installing fences, like in Jurastic Park, to keep them out from above ground cities.
Other thoughts...
Maybe we could get the dentist from Minneapolis to hunt them down as trophy heads for his office.
Road kill would stop rush hour traffic...I-65 closed due to T-Rex clean up.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Awesome, underground cities. :) didn't think of that. If we were to survive and make it to modern times, I think that would be one of the best ways to hide and survive. Can't believe I didn't think of it!

Do you think we would eventually kill most of the dangerous dinosaurs over time and become the dominant surface species?

Wind7

Staff
Some one started this on another forum I am a member of and I thought it would be interesting to get some views here.

65 million years ago these large creatures roamed the earth and at some point in time befell a mass extinction.

Question is this:

What would have been the outcome of our modern society if dinosaurs had survived to this day?
I imagine that there would be more clean energy powered devices powering our homes and vehicles being that the fossils that gave us 'fossil fuel' would still in fact be walking about.

We would have a much cleaner environment in that respect.

[emoji41]

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
We'd use the dinosaurs as household appliances... Haven't any of you seen The Flintstones? :rolleyes:

I don't think all the dinosaurs were killed... It's an interesting thought though, if we could live with the dinosaurs and still be the dominant species...