Disembodied Voice

cmac

Disembodied Voice

I had an experience about two weeks ago, that I figured I might as well share. Here is what I typed up shortly after the experience:

12/22/09

This morning about 9:30 I heard a woman speak. It sounded like she was outside on the sidewalk, about 15 feet from the front door and just outside of my office. I heard a woman fairly loudly say, “Hello?..... Is anybody home?” I was like, “What the heck?” I was sitting at my desk in my office. I thought someone was on the sidewalk, and fully expected to see a woman standing there. I was wondering why wouldn’t she just ring the doorbell, but sometimes when the garage door is open, people will come in the garage, so I though maybe that was it, plus she sounded confused a bit. As I came up to the front door I looked out the window next to the door, and I didn’t see anyone. I opened the front door and was looking for a woman there on the porch or the sidewalk, there was no one. So I looked out to the driveway, to look for a car of some sort, and again, nothing. I walked around outside and saw nothing, no one around, so I looked over to the neighbors houses because the sound carries around here especially from across the road. No one was around, no one outside at all, no signs of any possibility of someone from a neighbor’s house causing the event. We live in a very rural area, not many houses around. And it is very cold, so It’s not like someone had their windows open. It is way too early for the mailman to be delivering, and the UPS and FedEx people never come this early. The voice wasn’t coming from far away anyway. It was more like from the corner of the room, or just outside of the walls of the house.

I came back inside pretty quickly, and my son was sitting in a chair in the living room. I said, “Did you hear that?” He said, “Hear what?” I said, “You didn’t hear that woman?” He said, “No, what woman?” As I was making my way across the living room to the kitchen area, my 7 year old daughter said, “I heard her.” I said, “You did?” She said, “Yes, I heard a woman say something.”

So, I walked into the kitchen, just knowing that I would find a woman standing either in our garage or just outside on the driveway, but then when I got to the hallway I could see that the garage door was down, it wasn't open. I was pretty certain then, that it was a spirit of some sort. I had that feeling hit me pretty early after hearing the voice, because something was odd about the voice, and the whole scenario. I went back to the living room and I asked my daughter where the voice came from, she thought that it came from over by the kitchen. But the TV was pretty loud and she and my son were sitting pretty close to it at the time. So it would have been easy for her to have trouble distinguishing where the voice came from.

My daughter swears that she heard a woman speaking as well, so two of us heard something, and I swear that I heard a woman saying, “Hello, ….Is anybody home?”

Then my oldest daughter was standing on the welcome mat by the front door, probably 3 minutes after the initial voice that we heard, my daughter came running over to me in the office and she was visibly scared. I said, “What is wrong?” She said “I heard the woman again.” She swears she heard the same woman say, “Are you there?” That is when she got scared, and I could see that it was genuine, and I was convinced completely at that time that she was telling the truth, and that we did both hear what we thought we heard.

I went upstairs and asked my youngest daughter if she heard something, she hadn’t, and asked if the game she was playing could have said those words. She said no, and my older daughter said, that her game has never said those words, so it very unlikely the voice came from the game. I was exploring all avenues of debunking, and there was just nothing, no explanation other than a spirit of some sort.

The girls were a little rattled, so I spoke with them about it, and explained things, and I grabbed the digital audio recorder, I thought that letting them use it and trying to communicate with the spirit would be a way for them to ease their fears. Not that we would catch anything on the recorder, just to help them. And it very much did ease their fears, it was awesome. I haven’t checked the audio that they took, but they kept wanting to record, and it was neat listening to them trying to communicate with the spirit.

Just a few other things to add here. We have lived on this property for two years, we built a new home. While the house was just in the rough-in phase, no drywall or anything, myself and two of my employees were in the basement doing some work, and we all walked upstairs and close to the front door and a strong smell of strawberry came across all of us, at the same time. The smell hung around for maybe just over a minute, maybe two minutes at most and then it disappeared as fast as it came. Then probably 6 months later, these same two employees and I were hanging drywall in the basement. And we heard someone open up the front door upstairs, and walk across the wooden floor entry way, and then silence. I went upstairs, and no one was around. Then 15 minutes later, the same sounds, we were looking at each other, like, "What the heck, not again!" This time it was a guy that I know, he came downstairs, and I asked him if he was just here like 15 minutes ago, and he said, "No, why." So I told him what we heard. It was winter, and there was snow on the ground, there were no tracks in the drive other than mine, after hearing someone come in the front door and no footprints in the snow.

Cmac

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: Disembodied Voice

I can't say where that voice came from, if you say it sounded like it was near, then it was.

I don't know why, but ghostly voices make me think of astral time travel right now, I don't know why. It must be for the "Disembodied" adjective you put in the title, just like if the person was there, but just as an astral projection / astral presence, and not physicaly. Did you ever have experiences like that in different places, other than your home ? That might be a clue as well.

Num7