Displaced people like me

Padraic

Displaced people like me

This will not be one of my longer posts. Some who frequented the other forum before it was down will be familiar with how long I can go on at times. I basically have a question to pose to the group. I asked this one on the other forum and nobody saw fit to answer it, so here it is here. What I am wondering is if I am the only one in my situation, having arrived here from some other period and having no idea how I got here. How many others are there? Did any of them manage to adapt as well as me? How many are in asylums? I have been wondering over these last few years how many others there are and from what time periods they come from. Are the others military as well, or at least have some connection with the military? If there are others, are we all connected in some way by some common thread, perhaps some bizarre government experiments gone awry or something along those lines? I would like to think that I am not the only one who has experienced what I have, that there are others going through what I am, folks who are here from some other era who did not come here intentionally and who are simply attempting to fit in as best they can. Have you heard of any others besides me? Does anyone know their stories?

Respectfully,

Padraic

KiraSjon

Displaced people like me

Originally posted by Padraic@Aug 19 2004, 07:30 AM
How many are in asylums? I have been wondering over these last few years how many others there are and from what time periods they come from. Are the others military as well, or at least have some connection with the military? If there are others, are we all connected in some way by some common thread, perhaps some bizarre government experiments gone awry or something along those lines?

Hi Padriac :)
Just a quick thought... supposing we do develop the technology to time travel in the future, wouldn't it be very possible to travel both backwards and forwards affecting others and ourselves as we did so? It seems to make sense to me. So, I have to say it wouldn't surprise me in the least to hear about others coming from the past, even unknowingly. None of us actually know what other people do in the future, but if they are traveling back to this timeline, or world line, or earlier as in your case, I would guess that several others could have been affected. As for those possibly in asylums - that's a scary topic to touch. Some people are put away for fear of what they are capable of doing, and then some people are there by their own fear. Either way, anyone, from this time or not, uncapable of adapting to this society goes there or jail.

You sound so sad though. I?m glad you've been able to adapt to this time ? I truly hope you find what you seek. Namaste @);-

Padraic

Displaced people like me

was fortunate, though, to have someone take me in and help me with the language, the new technology, and obtaining identification. Others may not be so fortunate and may end up on the streets or locked away somewhere, diagnosed with a mental disorder. It is somewhat sad to think about. I have been quite fortunate, more like downright blessed, in how I have been able to adapt. Perhaps there are others who adapted as well, but are not coming out and telling their stories. Do you know any people who have recently moved to your city, don't know anyone there, but never speak of having family in some other part of the country? Do you ever wonder where they come from? I do not think I am the only one, but we dare not come forward in the mainstream or we will be laughed at, locked up, or both. It is sometimes a troubling thing to have all these memories you cannot speak of for fear of being thought a lunatic. At the least I have here an opportunity to get it off my chest, and I am feeling the better for it. Thank you all for giving me the benefit of the doubt and listening (reading really) to my story without laughing me off the face of the earth.

Padraic

DadOf5

Displaced people like me

Originally posted by Padraic@Aug 19 2004, 08:30 AM
This will not be one of my longer posts. Some who frequented the other forum before it was down will be familiar with how long I can go on at times. I basically have a question to pose to the group. I asked this one on the other forum and nobody saw fit to answer it, so here it is here. What I am wondering is if I am the only one in my situation, having arrived here from some other period and having no idea how I got here. How many others are there? Did any of them manage to adapt as well as me? How many are in asylums? I have been wondering over these last few years how many others there are and from what time periods they come from. Are the others military as well, or at least have some connection with the military? If there are others, are we all connected in some way by some common thread, perhaps some bizarre government experiments gone awry or something along those lines? I would like to think that I am not the only one who has experienced what I have, that there are others going through what I am, folks who are here from some other era who did not come here intentionally and who are simply attempting to fit in as best they can. Have you heard of any others besides me? Does anyone know their stories?

Respectfully,

Padraic

I can only think of one off the top of my head. That would be Chris who occasionally posts on this site. He claims to have gone to sleep in 1993 and woke up in 2004. He has his own thread here and used to have one on the other site.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
Displaced people like me

Chris isn't the only one is he? There is another on this Board who has a past life as well, maybe due to circumstances similar to Padraic's, maybe due to reincarnation. I wish that he would raise the issue again, as it was a valid topic. Over at Gav's place he took too much of a pounding to seriously continue it and I have felt that it would be inconsiderate of me to raise it here.

Maybe he will and he and Padraic can talk some.

Who knows?

Padraic

Displaced people like me

I read Chris' story and exchanged a couple private messages with him. He seems like an interesting kid, but he is only claiming to have jumped 11 years, quite small compared to me and no doubt a much easier adjustment. That is not taking anything away from his experience and any difficulties he faced. Anytime you wake up in a different time than the one you went to sleep in is a bit of a shocker. I was more or less wondering about others from far enough back that everything here is strange and the adjustment is more of a shock to the system. That's what I went through. I can't tell you what I was thinking the first time I saw an airplane take off. What he and I have in common is having someone to take us in and help us out. Without that, someone in this situation would be in a bad way, to say the least. I would venture to say that there are many others like us who have not come forward and told anyone.

HackimerRob

Displaced people like me

There is another Grayson, you're right and he should not be shy about it, especially since there is this thread now. He knows who he is, and many of us should too. Padraic knows who it is, but I don't know if he knows the new screen names.