Displaced Persons Bureau

Judge Bean

Displaced Persons Bureau

Originally posted by StarLord@Jul 7 2004, 12:12 AM
Paul,

Was that reference \"Lord of Flies\" and his myrminions, in reference to me?

Different Lord, Lord. It's another of Satan's names-- different Satan, Satan.

StarLord, I'm sorry that you might have thought I thought you were absurd and harmless, even for a short time. I actually think that you are quite sensible, give a lot of understandable meaning, and quite harmful to any irrational ones.

StarLord

Displaced Persons Bureau

Okie Dokie, For a moment there I thought I was in an alternate reality :lol:

And you are right, I have not seen that reference for the evil one in a month of gibbous moons. Please forgive my weak moment there and thank you very much for the kind words Sir.

Judge Bean

Displaced Persons Bureau

The myth of the wandering, exiled timetraveler is quite old in our culture. The finest example is the Wandering Jew, said to have scorned Jesus on the Via and to have been cursed to wander the earth until He returns to grant him absolution. The WJ has shown up in various places in Europe over the past few hundred years-- now a highly cultivated gentleman versed in all of the forbidden arts and excellent to the ladies.

He is thus a timetraveler whose fate is keyed to the End of the World and Judgment Day, and who is supposed to be far "advanced" over the rest of us. Sound familiar?

My guess is that there is at least one individual, who is probably in Europe (by which I include the UK), who holds himself out as the Wandering Jew. Apparently he doesn't even need to be Jewish, by the way. We should try to get him on the forum here; it would be quite a feather in our cap.

On another subject, most male movie stars over 40 have the need to produce at least one picture in which a lone, vulnerable Action Hero must do battle with the forces of darkness; they are often connected with apocalyptic and postapocalyptic scenarios. Even Arnie has done a few of these, including one in which he was temporarily possessed by Beezlebub before he physically sent him back to the nether region.

Chuck Norris, Kevin Costner, Tom Cruise (35? 40?), Mel Gibson, Bruce Willis, all have wrestled on the cliff edge with Old Nick.

These are feeding into the public dream now raging in which, at the time of the End, we are "saved" by a lone hero who sacrifices himself to kill evil. My guess is that there are some out there who believe they are such heroes, and would even cause the End, or try to ignite it, just in order to try to save us.

Two invitations, then, to lurkers. Are you the Wandering Jew? Are you our Hero? Step forward into the light.

DadOf5

Displaced Persons Bureau

Paul,

Its been a while since I sat down and read through the Bible so my recollection may be a little fuzzy, but wasn't it Cain who was sentenced to wander the earth for murdering Abel? Wouldn't that make him the original "immortal" rather than the one that Alex talked about?

Judge Bean

Displaced Persons Bureau

Gensis 4:12 If you till the soil, it shall no longer yield its strength to you. You shall wander the earth forever.

You're right: Cain predates the Wandering Jew. Same deal. I issue the same invitation, of course, to Cain, who is supposed to have been "marked" with the Mark of Cain to be identified throughout the ages.

The WJ comes out of the New Testament, but is never explicitly identified as either Jewish or cursed. He was simply one of the mocking crowd on the path to Golgotha. The "wandering through the ages" curse seems to come from the 13th Century version.

(I didn't know that Alex had said anything about this issue).

DadOf5

Displaced Persons Bureau

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Jul 12 2004, 01:00 PM
(I didn't know that Alex had said anything about this issue).

No, not specifically, he was talking about finding St. Germaine, who was also supposed to be an immortal.

Just how many immortals do we have running around here anyway? And how do I get to be one?! :D

Phoenix

Displaced Persons Bureau

how do I get to be one?!
I believe it is a regular ingestion of a byproduct of the philosopher's stone.

Question is, would you really want that eternal youth?

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
Displaced Persons Bureau

Immortality doesn't necessarily imbue eternal youth.

You may be immortal and look like you are 2,000 years old.

I've seen a reference to this concept somewhere....

Phoenix

Displaced Persons Bureau

Grayson
Posted Today, 03:06 PM
Immortality doesn't necessarily imbue eternal youth.

You may be immortal and look like you are 2,000 years old.

I've seen a reference to this concept somewhere....
In the context of Alexander-St. Germaine. The idea of immortality was improperly applied. St. Germaine/Simon could be killed, but it would have to be of unnatural causes because he did discover the secret to eternal youth. That is what Alexander related anyways.