Divers head to rock bottom of Baltic Sea to solve ‘UFO’ mystery

Octavusprime

How long do you guys think a sunken UFO would survive at the bottom of the sea if we assume it's not buried?

Maybe this thing is a 100,000 years old UFO. I'm wondering if a 100,000 years old underwater UFO would look like a rock after all that time. Would the plating get affected by long term water erosion at the bottom of the sea?

I guess it would depend on what material the craft was constructed from. If it is close enough to the surface to recieve light it would be covered in coral and you would not be able to identify it as anything but a large mass. This seems to be much deeper and as such could have some barnicles and such but it would in no way turn to stone. Pressure and decomposition would work its effects and sand would most likely bury a large ship. It still looks to me like a very large rock formation but the question remains of why it is there. Was it deposited by a large glacier during the ice age? Foundation of an ancient city? Underwater volcanic action? It is a strange round shape but it could have a natural explaination. Or maybe it is entrance to some underwater structure...

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Underwater volcanic action may be a good guess here. I didn't think about it.

I'm starting to think it's just a big rock. :(

Peregrini

jimmyquick;
Welcome to Paranormalis.
You are right. We do know more about space than we do the oceans. The easy reason for this is it is far more difficult to examine the ocean, its depths, and floor, than it is to peer into space. We can use the naked eye, telescopes of various types, visual light, radio, gamma ray, x-ray, etc and collect data to study and interpret.
With the ocean, we can't look into it very well at all and exploring it is difficult because of the great pressures at the depths it reaches. We have sonar and other ways to "see" underwater. We can "map" the sea floor but a clear view of it and what's between the "layers" still escapes us. We are getting better at it though and I believe there will be some interesting advances soon.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Something Strange Happened When Divers Approached
The Mysterious Object At The Bottom Of The Baltic Sea
29 June, 2012

somethingstrangebaltic.jpg

MessageToEagle.com - As previously reported some days ago, new images of the unusual object discovered at the bottom of the Baltic Sea are now raising more questions.

Listen when Peter Lindberg answered listener questions on Kevin Smith show.

Boris Lauxtermann
KevinSmithShow - Ocean Explorer Interview 27.6.2012

During the second expedition, something very strange happened when the divers approached the mysterious object.

What exactly is it that the Ocean Explorer team has discovered at the bottom of the sea?

Latest images, video tapes and interviews with the involved reveal something astonishing might be resting deep underwater.

When the Ocean X Team returned from their first expedition, the divers knew that they had come across something strange, but no-one could determine the nature of the object and there were a number of speculations. Some suggested an extraterrestrial spaceship was buried deep underwater.

ufosweden2.jpg

Sonar image of the underwater object. Credit: Ocean Explorer

Click on image to enlarge

Another sonar image of the mysterious object. Credit: Ocean Explorer

A second expedition was necessary to identify the mysterious underwater object. But when the divers approached the object something strange happened.

New information reveal that the divers' equipment was malfunctioning during the investigation of the weird sunken object.

The unknown object is about 60 meters in diameter and lying almost 80 meters down on the bottom of the Baltic Sea.

ufosweden5.jpg

Ocean Explorer divers discovered strange stone circle formations. Image credit: Ocean Explorer

ufosweden9.jpg

"It looks almost like a pearl necklace or that someone has tried to make a fireplace," said one of the divers. Image credit: Ocean Explorer

There are visible formations on top of the object, which are set at a 90 degree angle and look like passageways or walls, as well as something that looks like it could be a staircase.

The divers also found a hole about 25 centimeters in diameter, though it is not yet known where it leads.

In addition, they found circular forms of small rocks that appear to have been placed like a pearl necklace.

Geologists who follow their work have been unable to explain what it is yet.

A main objective of the dive was to film the object, and yet the camera stopped working when the divers approached the object. What happened?

"Anything electric out there - and the satellite phone as well - stopped working when we were above the object. And then we got away about 200 meters and it turned on again, and when we got back over the object it didn't work," says diver Stefan Hogerborn, part of the Ocean X team which is exploring the anomaly.

Mr. Hogerborn says he has never experienced anything like this during his 20 years as a professional diver.

somethingstrangebaltic.jpg

The sonar picture of the unidentified object resembles the famed Star Wars ship the Millennium Falcon.

falcon.jpg

Millennium Falcon

Divers also noticed an unusual change in temperature of the water.

"We looked at our dive computer, the deep sea diver computer, and it said minus one degree that's pretty cold for a diver it should really be impossible to have that cold water it actually turns into ice at zero degrees but that could be explained by the movement of the water, says Stefan Hogerborn.

The entire team is baffled and there is no doubt something strange is resting at the bottom of the Baltic Sea.

"We have experienced things that I really couldn't imagine and I have been the team's biggest skeptic regarding these different kind of theories. I was kind of prepared just to find a stone or cliff or outcrop or pile of mud but it was nothing like that, so for me it has been a missing experience I must say," Peter Lindberg, founder of Ocean Explorer says.

Listen when Peter Lindberg answered listener questions on Kevin Smith show.

"I am one hundred percent convinced and confident that we have found something that is very, very, very unique. Then if it is a meteorite or an asteroid or a volcano or a base from, say, a U-boat from the Cold War which has manufactured and placed there, yes, or if it's a UFO, well honestly it has to be something," says Dennis Åsberg of the Ocean X team.

Peregrini

The picture of the "circle of stones" reminds me of something I heard about a long time ago. It is called a "burp". A gas pocket builds up under a rock/stone formation and when the stone weakens enough or the pressure of the gas builds up enough...burp.. a bubble bursts out rolling the rocks into that "circular" shape. Sediment refills the hole and all you have left is a curious circle of stones. I will try to relocate the details this weekend.
If this was a meteor or something else that fell in the ocean and settled here it could have produced the gases I refer to.

Edit:
I just jumped in bed when I remembered the mud geysers. It's the same principle.
Mud Volcano 1 - YouTube

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Elusive Underwater Object Still A Great Puzzle
Divers Say They Felt Frightened
1 July, 2012

baltufo5.jpg

The Swedish news agency Rapport is offering new unique images of the mysterious underwater object that many refer to as the "Baltic UFO".

In our previous article we reported that something strange happened when divers approached the puzzling object resting at the bottom of the sea.

But there is more! Further mystery surrounds the discovery of what some are calling a crashed flying saucer in the Baltic Sea.

There is without doubt a lot of speculation as to what the object may be.

Some think it is a World War relic, or rocks, other think it could be an alien vessel.

For the time being no-one, not even the divers can say anything with certainty about the nature of this object.

"I cannot reveal the truth before I have all the facts, till then everything is pure speculation, even from my side.

I have not thought about if the object can be hollow.

I have not even penetrated the surface yet. What is inside, I wonder? says professional diver Peter Lindberg who is part of the Ocean Explorer team investigating the underwater object.

baltufo.jpg

Image credit: SVT

baltufo2.jpg

Image of the underwater object taken by the team's robot camera. Image credit: SVT

baltufo3.jpg

The Ocean Explorer team underwater. Image credit: SVT

baltufo4.jpg

A Second Object was also found but has not been explored yet. There is hope that the second object will reveal some clues about the first object. The divers did not explore the second object but a return trip is planned in the next couple of weeks. Image credit: SVT

During the second expedition divers felt somewhat uneasy when they investigated the object.

"When we went out and saw the walls which were straight and smooth, it was frightening, as in a science fiction film," says Lindberg.

It was difficult to examine the object because a "blackish" powder had been attracted to the camera and the equipment malfunctioned for some unknown reason when they approached the object.

What ever is down there appears to be old, and the team is now considering the possibility that the circle is of pre-ice age.

baltufo5.jpg

Almost just as odd as the underwater object itself is the information coming from remote viewers. According to the Ocean Explorer team, weeks before the second expedition set off, several remote viewers described the anomaly in blind sessions. All they were given was a target reference number. The preliminary findings of the Ocean X expedition have confirmed some remarkable similarities and details which were amazingly predicted by the remote viewers.

It is very demanding to dive at 80 meters. If you spend 20 minutes at that depth, it will take two hours to reach the surface again.

Which Video: Elusive Underwater Object Still A Great Puzzle - Divers Say They Felt Frightened - MessageToEagle.com

"We are just wreck hunters who are trying to figure out what we have discovered," says Peter Lindberg and point out a real scientific team should go down there and investigate the object-

When Peter Lindberg was asked if there was the possibility of bringing the object to the surface? he quickly replied "God no! It must weight tremendous much, like thousands of tons".