Divers head to rock bottom of Baltic Sea to solve ‘UFO’ mystery

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
‘Baltic UFO’ may be secret Nazi sub-trap

Published: 13 July, 2012, 18:00

i68a473cb99671fb816a1bbc52aeba5bb_the_baltic_sea_ufo.n.jpg

Image from vaghauk.deviantart.com

The mysterious disc-shaped object at the bottom of the Baltic Sea could be a relic from a giant World War II device placed there by the Nazis to disrupt Soviet submarine navigation.

The object may be the concrete anchor of the device, which also had to be fitted with stainless steel mesh, Swedish naval officer and warfare history expert Anders Autellus told Swedish newspaper Expressen. It would interfere with submarine radar signals and make them crash.

The mesh itself may well have eroded away over the decades, but the images of the object made by the Ocean X team exploring it show what appear to be holes, where it was attached to the foundation, he added.

Stefan Hogeborn, a member of the team, concurs, saying their find is located just under an important shipping route. German vessels carried many goods important for the war effort during the war, and Soviet submarines sneaking from the Gulf of Finland into the Baltic Sea targeted them.

If the theory is true, the trap may be an important historical find, but there is evidence against it too. The 60-meter object studied by Ocean X is way larger than what Germans and some other warring nations deployed during the World War II. Peter Lindberg, another member of the team, says he still believes the object is a natural formation.

The “Baltic UFO” was discovered in May last year through sonar imaging technology. Its unusual shape provoked a good deal of speculation, with some people comparing it to the Millennium Falcon ship from the movie Star Wars. Skeptics say the peculiar images may have resulted from improper adjustment of the sonar and the limitations of the technology.

Ocean X, professional wreck-hunters, have returned to the site with better and more sophisticated equipment after receiving funding from an undisclosed sponsor. They hope the object may become a popular tourist attraction once unearthed.

i9b2c73ff3353ddd86387a3111c45bcb5_ufo-1.jpg

The "soot-covered rocks"

diving-team-noted-300-meter-53.jpg

The diving team noted a 300-meter “runway” leading up to the object, implying that it skidded along the path before stopping

team-studies-map-dive.jpg

The team studies their map before the next dive (screenshot from NDTV)

original-sonar.jpg

The original sonar (image from oceanexplorer.se)

coordinates-bottom-botnia-baltic.jpg

"Landing spot". The exact coordinates of the object have not been released, but it is confirmed to be at the bottom of the Botnia Gulf in the Baltic Sea, between Finland and Sweden

Rosco..Jones

Try again BT, I see the pictures.

I have been following this as the story continues. There has been some interesting data released. The disruption of electronics most likely is not a natural phenomenon. More will be required to determine what exactly we have here. Even the possibility of it's being a UFO will keep people interested.

BlastTyrant

Ya my work PC gives me errors on IE randomly that will stop me from being able to see pictures and such, i see them now.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Well today I was in my workroom working on my time machine project. So I decided to listen to something on YouTube while I worked. There was a discussion on Coast to Coast Am about this object in the Baltic sea. The torsion field discussions being related to this object are also a fundamental principle behind my Time machine research. What I'm working with are rotating gravity fields. Here is the related link:

Octavusprime

I just listened to this coast to coast. Amazing stuff. I'm really interested to see what they find down there. Hoping the government doesn't halt the exploration or silence the data flow.

jimmyquick

jimmyquick;
Welcome to Paranormalis.
You are right. We do know more about space than we do the oceans. The easy reason for this is it is far more difficult to examine the ocean, its depths, and floor, than it is to peer into space. We can use the naked eye, telescopes of various types, visual light, radio, gamma ray, x-ray, etc and collect data to study and interpret.
With the ocean, we can't look into it very well at all and exploring it is difficult because of the great pressures at the depths it reaches. We have sonar and other ways to "see" underwater. We can "map" the sea floor but a clear view of it and what's between the "layers" still escapes us. We are getting better at it though and I believe there will be some interesting advances soon.
thanks 4 the reply but i still belive it more possible to and easier to go to the bottom of the deepest parts of the ocean than going to the moon

Justinian

I got to thinking about something today. When scientists discover something new, they always speculate on what it may be. Okay, I get that much. We can't as humans just accept that we don't know.. we want to know what the "experts" think it may be. BUT if I were the expert.. Everything I speculated on would be UFO's or Aliens. I'd just be like.. So today's latest find in the Baltic Sea is probably a UFO. No big deal. Everyone go back to work, this is just the latest in a string of crashed UFO's on Earth. There's probably something in our gravitational field that disrupts their flight and causes so many to crash here. We'll probably just use it as a bargaining chip to gain technology to give us even faster internet.... That's how my scientifical approach would be. None of this.. well it might be an anchor left over from WWII..

Loopi

The Bearded One
It feels like forever since this story broke. I understand it's being personally funded by the "Treasure Hunters" so I can fathom the delay. Yet, it's leaving such a gapping window inwhich the *Insert Government Agency Here* can work on either destorying the evidence or getting it out of there.